Certainly reasonable, but right now, neither is playing as well as Alcaide. Once again looking at current form, I'd go with Big Kaci over his brother, after a third at the WNT Florida Open and a second at the World 10ball.If it's not Shaw, the obvious choice to me is either Moritz Neuhausen or Kledio Kaci. The team needs a little youth.
Neuhausen won the European Open this year, but Kaci has been more conistent throughout the season. Won some smaller ranking events and has had a lot of deep runs.
Give me players currently in form.
Finally, when it comes to selecting teams for an event in which beating the most elite is required, I don't place much meaning on who performed at the satellite events (even though a couple of them had superstrong fields). Performance at the majors is a much better indicator of who will perform in a match against the most elite. Hence, I'd take Moritz, European Open champion, over Kledio right now.
Still, Szewczyk, WPA #1 right now, won the World 10ball and was second at the UK Open, showing outrageously strong form at each. He'd make Team ROW much stronger.