2nd Annual DogsPlayingPool Invitational Results

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
2nd Annual DogsPlayingPool Invitational Results:

The 2011 DPP Invitational is in the books. I want to thank everyone for participating because without all of you, even though I would have won, it would have been a hollow victory.

A special congratulations to the money winners. In the spirit of a true professional event they received empty promises of being mailed post-dated checks in the following amounts:

Winner - 8ballEinstein $140
Finalist* - TATE $ 80
3rd - sponge bob $ 50
4th - metsownyou $ 30

*Jay Helfert, who had a booth at the event, actually tied for second place money because he sold 2 books and a couple of shirts.

This picture, believe it or not taken BEFORE the tournament started, captured what turned out to be the top ten finishers:

2011 DogsPlayingPool 009.jpg

From left to right: DogsPlayingPool, rick9005, metsownyou, AuntyDan, Jay Helfert, i4pool, 8ballEinstein, poolhustler, sponge bob, TATE.

Here's the winner, 8ballEinstein, who resembled more of a 9balldaVinci, and proving to all the new players to the game that practice is truly over-rated, receiving his just rewards:

2011 DogsPlayingPool 017.jpg

And one of the other finalist, our beloved TATE:

2011 DogsPlayingPool 015 - Copy.jpg

One very special mention is needed. I think I speak for everyone in thanking Jay for bringing Maki (shown here in the players lounge):

2011 DogsPlayingPool 008 - Copy.jpg

-------
Really guys, I want to thank you all for a great time. It was a lot of fun for me and I appreciate everyone coming.

One more thing: Get well soon, Monte!!!! We missed you!

Last edited:

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Bummed I got sick! Great group of guys.
Monte

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many thanks to Mitchell for hosting. A great time was had by all!!!

Next one will be at my pad before I sell and move on.

:)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Mitchell was the perfect host. What can I say? Trophy's, food, added cash - yes you read that right, Mitchell added cash - and a really nice table/environment.

We really did have a great time - and we truly were "dogs playing pool".

Chris

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although this event isn't as prestigious as the DCC, a victory at the DPP Invitational is just as sweet ...... well, not really but almost.This tournament had everything a player could want. Besides the stuff already mentioned there was the less coveted two-and-out trophies, a trick shot exhibition, after hours action (bowlliards) and an open bar. The venue and playing equipment was top shelf. Everyone was respectful during all the matches (except for that cat that got into the tournament room :)).

And what can I say about Mitch? He ran a smooth event and was an excellent host. I'm very happy he invited me to this and when the awards ceremony was going on, I could barely believe I was lucky enough to be getting the top honors! I think I'll be smiling for a week! My pool playing buddies will be sick of hearing me recount all the pressure situations that I overcame and critical shots I made which led to my big win.

So there you have it. I'm no longer a puppy playng pool. Nosiree, I'm dogging it with the best of 'em.

Special thanks to Abe from the Slug Doctor booth who's letting me take his product and having me introduce it in my local pool halls. I'm hoping I can drive his sales up.

Guys (and Maki), be good and shoot 'em straight.

rick9005

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow what a blast.I want to thank Mitch for inviting me and for being such a great host.The only good thing i can say about my pool game is(I wasn't the first one out,I wasn't the first out.)Anyway it was great to meet all the guys and hope to see them all again soon......rick.

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mitchell-- Thank you again for hosting! You are a great host. I had a really fun time. The fun trophies, the good company, the snacks, the added money... you really know how to do it! I look forward to our next get together. :)

Gang- Until next time... :) Cheers! Congrats 8Ball & Tate for your finishes! :thumbup:

Monte- Hope you feel better and we see you at the next AZB PoolFest!

Regards,

metsownyou

Mitch put on a real fun tournament and I had a great time. It was real nice meeting everyone that day.

I hope I get invited back next time!

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Although this event isn't as prestigious as the DCC, a victory at the DPP Invitational is just as sweet ...... well, not really but almost.This tournament had everything a player could want. Besides the stuff already mentioned there was the less coveted two-and-out trophies, a trick shot exhibition, after hours action (bowlliards) and an open bar. The venue and playing equipment was top shelf. Everyone was respectful during all the matches (except for that cat that got into the tournament room :)).

Not as prestigious as the DCC you say? Heresy!!! I’ll have you know that originally the Derby wanted to call itself the Derby Pool Party but I already owned the rights to “DPP” so they had to go with another name for their little thingy. True story and Helfert will back me up on this.

And I bet you’ll think differently when I show you the updated Mosconi Cup standings* that just came out today:

1) Mike Dechaine

2) Shane Van Boening

3) 8ballEinstein

4) Corey Deuel

5) Dennis Hatch

*source: insidefoolmag.com

:D;):D

Last edited:

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stand corrected ...

Not as prestigious as the DCC you say? Heresy!!! I’ll have you know that originally the Derby wanted to call itself the Derby Pool Party but I already owned the rights to “DPP” so they had to go with another name for their little thingy. True story and Helfert will back me up on this.

And I bet you’ll think differently when I show you the updated Mosconi Cup standings* that just came out today:

1) Mike Dechaine

2) Shane Van Boening

3) 8ballEinstein

4) Corey Deuel

5) Dennis Hatch

*source: insidefoolmag.com

:D;):D

Hmmm ..... I guess I'll need to reassess my thinking about this event. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was later told that any one of the participants could easily qualify to be enshrined in pool's equivlilent to Mt Rushmore (except for maybe that Jay Helfert fella). How was I to know?

Anyway, I plan on holding onto my standing for the Mosconi Cup. It's been my long-time goal to be the guy that bumps Earl off the team. You think that winning at Russ's, Monte's or Aunty Dan's event will make me a shoo-in?

8ballEinstein,
Winner of undisputedly the most prestigious event in pool history - the DogsPlayingPool 9-ball Invitational

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
8ballEinstein,
Winner of undisputedly the most prestigious event in pool history - the DogsPlayingPool 9-ball Invitational

Now you're talking. Efren once said this was the big one missing on his resume. :wink:

You played well, my friend, and you did it from the hot seat without benefit of a first round bye. You earned it, so to speak. Well done!

I think maybe my black cat was lucky for you. :grin-square:

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Sorry I couldn't make it this year Mitchell. I see you got the posters up, their lookin good. My favorite is still the Kramer. lol

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Sorry I couldn't make it this year Mitchell. I see you got the posters up, their lookin good. My favorite is still the Kramer. lol

Yeah, the Kramer still has a prominent spot on the wall, lol. Thanks again for coming out and doing the re-level. Both finalists were new to the event, and had very nice things to say about the play of the table. It's all you, buddy. :D