3 months and 5 days after injury/surgery

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
It hurts to play and I walk kind of funny but my game is as good as it ever has been, worse in some ways and better in others. Qualified on Saturday for the 10-ball event at Bankshots at the end of the month and won our weekly 9-ball tournament yesterday.

Tired as hell since the tournament didn't finish till 1am and very sore today, but overall it was worth it and I can't wait to compete at a decent level again. Thank you Lucasi and Ozone Billiards for sponsoring the tournament and giving us a chance to play some of the world's best.
 
Last edited:
It's not easy after surgery brother, I cannot play right now after having surgery 2 1/2 months ago and I have another surgery in 11 weeks coming up, it takes time for the body to recover, I am just happy this upcoming surgery is my last in a long battle I have fought for my health.
 
bigshooter said:
It's not easy after surgery brother, I cannot play right now after having surgery 2 1/2 months ago and I have another surgery in 11 weeks coming up, it takes time for the body to recover, I am just happy this upcoming surgery is my last in a long battle I have fought for my health.


It's hard to balance being active and resting too much, if I rest too much it kills my back but if I am too active it kills my back. So for now playing pool is the most strenuous thing that I have done lately, swimming is another thing I need to start doing I hear it's great for this type of injury.
 
Congrats on snapping off the weekly tournament there in Jax. That tournament is suppose to have a big group of champions playing in it so for you to win, you had to play well im sure.
 
You are a brave man. I have refused surgery for an ailment because I'm a chicken. Congratulations on your recovery. :smile:

JAM
 
Have the shirt!!!

Fart sniffer said:
It hurts to play and I walk kind of funny but my game is as good as it ever has been, worse in some ways and better in others. Qualified on Saturday for the 10-ball event at Bankshots at the end of the month and won our weekly 9-ball tournament yesterday.

Tired as hell since the tournament didn't finish till 1am and very sore today, but overall it was worth it and I can't wait to compete at a decent level again. Thank you Lucasi and Ozone Billiards for sponsoring the tournament and giving us a chance to play some of the world's best.

I am very experienced with trying to play after surgery. Its very difficult.
I took two first place trophys home 3 months after my surgery a year and a half ago. Boy, did I feel good about that!!!!! (and still walking with a cane) So kudos to you!!!! I do know how hard it is. Tells me quite a bit about you, because it takes alot of determination and heart.
 
had back surgery 6 years ago felt better same day was told not to by lots of people would do it again in a second swimming and walking for me did lots of good good luck
 
Back
Top