32'' capacity in cue cases

jetlau3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can you tell which ones can carry 32'' cues?

The butt on my cue including JP is 31.6''. I just recently ordered a 3x6 from John Barton that will accomodate the length.

However, I'm looking for a cheap 1x2 that I can take to the bar that will hold my cue. Found a few very cheap cases on the internet but they don't have specs. The cheap vinyl envelope case I have doesn't fit the 32'' butt.

Anyone have any suggestions? Basically looking for an envelope case or even better a hard GTF style case with no pouches that will hold one cue and 2 shafts. Must be cheap.

Thanks

jetlau3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haha no I mean CHEAP lol.

This is the most basic one I was considering.. http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cuesight_2088_215332838

This would be preferable since it is 1x2 but it is already getting expensive. Like to keep it under $50.

http://www.cuesight.com/stf3bk.html

This would just be a beater case to take out when I'm playing with other people who don't really shoot pool.
Even this isn't bad.. I'm not a fan of pockets though.

http://www.billiards.com/pool-cue-cases/1x2-black-oval-hard-case

Problem is none of these list measurements and I have a 1x2 envelope style cheap case that doesn't fit length wise.

Thanks dr9ball

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

$56.00, and it say, "Sterling introduces the new Fancy pool cue case series. The exterior is made using upholstery grade vinyl that is indistinguishable from leather. For internal protection each case has the new UltraPad (tm) interior to prevent your cues from rattling inside the tubes. Your cue parts are encased in pvc tubing, generous foam rubber and soft fabric. Each case comes with a durable and stylish matching strap outfitted with a comfortable shoulder pad. The strap is detachable. The pocket is slim yet quite roomy. If you are looking for a case with a low profile and lots of style the Fancy case by Sterling is for you. This model will hold one butt and two shafts."

Ultra Pad is a good thing IMHO!!!!!

jetlau3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, the interior would be great. I'm concerned my 32'' cue won't fit in it.

royzornow

Registered
This is the 3 x 6 case I recently bought (in black). It holds 32" shafts, is spring-loaded and under a hundred bucks with free shipping. A truck could run over it and your cues would probably be OK. No offense to the custom-case makers, but why people go for those expensive hand-tooled cases that look like Charlie Daniel's cowboy boot I have no idea. I prefer the Samsonite approach.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious...

Do you want to switch cases for bar use so you won't attract attention to your good stuff? If that is the reason, then won't you also want a junk cue for the same reason?

If the above two are true, then perhaps your best solution is a junk cue that you leave in the car in a $5 vinyl case, and just use if the bar. It won't be a long cue, but maybe it doesn't need to be if you don't play at the bars often.

jetlau3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, I thought I'd clarify. Most of the time, 2 or 3 times a week, I play in leagues / tournaments where I like to carry my playing cue, jump cue, break cue, and all my accessories. Once in a while though, I play with friends who don't really play pool or go play somewhere with my girlfriend. Those instances, I dont' really feel like lugging around a huge bag but I still want my nice cue. I was just looking for something simple that would fit my 32'' cue. John Barton has agreed to make me this case
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cuesight_2088_215332838
but have it set up as a 1x2 rather than a 1x1. Super simple, cheap, and should fit the bill. Thanks for all the help guys.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Instroke 1x2 that holds a 32" Cue ... $85.00 shipped

I have this Instroke Premier 1x2 in Like New Condition (only used to store a high-end 60" Cue). They go for $110.00 + shipping from most suppliers.

It is yours for $85.00 shipped in the Cont. USA (+ 3.50% for PayPal).
Otherwise a Postal Money Order works just fine.

Attachments

• instroke1x2.jpg
    instroke1x2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 569

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I agree, the interior would be great. I'm concerned my 32'' cue won't fit in it.

Something else to consider is the amount of room you will need for any joint protectors you may have. I play with 60 inch cues (30 inch butt,plus a 1 1 /2 inch pin and 30 inch shafts)and with joint protectors the butt is 32 inches.

Just make sure you have proper clearance for everything. If your butt is 32 inches plus the pin then you probably need 33 or 34 inches to hold it.

I'm sure John will take care of you.

jetlau3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya the whole cue is 59.5 inches putting butt section at 29.75. With the joint protector on over the pin, the butt section is 31.6''.

John said he'd build them to accomodate 32'' so looks like my problem is over. If any of you are thinking about it, don't hesitate to do business with JB, he's great.