5000 added tournament in Victorville Ca

I know its unusual NOT to have these kinds of things happen on pool hall websites....however....on the main page when you click on your link it says what your post says. But then when you click the link on the actual website for the tournament, the details are all different. Different entry fee than the one you posted, on the site its 50 bucks flat. Different days of the tourney from one page on the site from another. And different money added. Sigh, so dissapointing that its so common to have this kind of thing happen.
 
RunoutalloverU said:
I know its unusual NOT to have these kinds of things happen on pool hall websites....however....on the main page when you click on your link it says what your post says. But then when you click the link on the actual website for the tournament, the details are all different. Different entry fee than the one you posted, on the site its 50 bucks flat. Different days of the tourney from one page on the site from another. And different money added. Sigh, so dissapointing that its so common to have this kind of thing happen.

yes the website says different.

the flyer they made was handed out at hardtimes in bellflower.

and it said what i typed.

just letting the pool community know about it.

started friday ends sunday.

call the number for more info
 
imissedthe9 said:
yes the website says different.

the flyer they made was handed out at hardtimes in bellflower.

and it said what i typed.

just letting the pool community know about it.

started friday ends sunday.

call the number for more info

Yeah I figured what you wrote was right, and it was nothing against you, you were just the messenger. Its just I am already frustrated at the haphazard way the local pool community does pool tournament in CA anyway. So stuff like this just drives me nuts. So I was just pointing out the commonality of it, but thanks for the heads up I probably come out. Oh and what is the race to? You know? Thats more important to me than the money added. If its a race to 5, its a joke so im not driving an hour and a half to come up dry on 22 mph breaks, and be beat by an inferior player. Just MO.
 
RunoutalloverU said:
Yeah I figured what you wrote was right, and it was nothing against you, you were just the messenger. Its just I am already frustrated at the haphazard way the local pool community does pool tournament in CA anyway. So stuff like this just drives me nuts. So I was just pointing out the commonality of it, but thanks for the heads up I probably come out. Oh and what is the race to? You know? Thats more important to me than the money added. If its a race to 5, its a joke so im not driving an hour and a half to come up dry on 22 mph breaks, and be beat by an inferior player. Just MO.


race to 10 winners side and i think 7 on losers.
 
Victorville Turkey shootout

Just got back from Victorville, I recovered the front 9 tables in tournament blue Simonis. The players meeting is at noon Friday and play starts at 1 pm. John Schmidt got in on Tuesday. He played the 12 ball ghost last night and beat it 10-7. The room looks great and it sounds like they are going to get a lot of players coming in.

Steve
 
I hear that this tournament is a complete FARCE.

60 players

Entry fee $75 or $150

$5000 added and......

only $2000 for first.

Let's say on an average they collected $100 per entry fee x 60 players = $6000 + $5000 added money = $11,000. And only $2000 for first.


Where did the prize money go???

I have players from the event calling me very upset with this situation.

I suggest the room owners come clean & fully explain, as I can see no explanation whatsoever. First place should be at least $3500, if not more.
 
Last edited:
watchez said:
I hear that this tournament is a complete FARCE.

60 players

Entry fee $75 or $150

$5000 added and......

only $2000 for first.

Let's say on an average they collected $100 per entry fee x 60 players = $6000 + $5000 added money = $11,000. And only $2000 for first.


Where did the prize money go???

I have players from the event calling me very upset with this situation.

I suggest the room owners come clean & fully explain, as I can see no explanation whatsoever. First place should be at least $3500, if not more.

I heard the Added Money was based on a full field of 128. This is not an uncommon practice in local tournaments. So based of 60 players, he may be adding only $2,500 to the purse. I'll find out from Tang tomorrow.
 
jay helfert said:
I heard the Added Money was based on a full field of 128. This is not an uncommon practice in local tournaments. So based of 60 players, he may be adding only $2,500 to the purse. I'll find out from Tang tomorrow.

I think this pool room is very disorganized. I had to reread the posts by 'imissedthe9' to understand what he was saying.

On the pool room's web page, it lists the tournament & says $50 entry fee $1000 added, 64 players max.

The people I have talked to said there is nothing on the actual flyer that requires 128 players for $5000 added and this imissedthe9 doesnt mention any such requirement here in this thread.
 
Last edited:
it was a good stop for me between la/vegas when i was doing the commute thing, i would AWALYS won the gas $$ and then some, finally after 6 or 8 months they had enough(all C players, no one could run a rack), it was called Victorbilliards then, i think its the same location, business was slow for them then, one guy who worked at the counter was a sharp guy and had been around pool for along time and he said they "didnt know what they were doing" he said this to me in about 97 the last tie I was in there, infact i wasnt playing pool then, i was just sleepy and stopped in to rest.


There must be some confusion on the accounting with this tournment, i'm driving to Vegas right now, i'll stop in and see. They wouldnt be running a scam this lame, no way. Something isnt being explained or there has to be a mis communication. I hope.
 
Back
Top