57inch cue

MrDrops

Been looking around the web for a good quality 57inch cue and it seems like nobody really makes them anymore? Im built like a T-Rex, so a 57 feels so much better to me in my hands, but it seems like im out of luck.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to suggest Schmelke. They make a plain one to order without charging an arm and a leg but as TCC stated, anyone can.
I have a Dufferin sneaky 57. Cant find any factory listing though. Didn't used to care about 58s. In fact I thought them needlessly long. Then I bought a Huebler sneaky 58 and stayed with 58.

MrDrops

I was going to suggest Schmelke. They make a plain one to order without charging an arm and a leg but as TCC stated, anyone can.
I have a Dufferin sneaky 57. Cant find any factory listing though. Didn't used to care about 58s. In fact I thought them needlessly long. Then I bought a Huebler sneaky 58 and stayed with 58.
I don't see any 57 on there website. Do i have to call them?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems that many one piece sticks house cues are 57". I feel they are too short. Especially when playing on a 9 foot table.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Maybe a stupid thought, so set me straight if needed. Couldn't you just find a cue you like and cut an inch off the shaft and put a new ferrule on?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe a stupid thought, so set me straight if needed. Couldn't you just find a cue you like and cut an inch off the shaft and put a new ferrule on?
It can be done, however that move will change the taper of the shaft and in some cases the hit of the cue. I’ve played with before & after that happening. Not the end of the world. Not the greatest idea on a expensive cue.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
It can be done, however that move will change the taper of the shaft and in some cases the hit of the cue. I’ve played with before & after that happening. Not the end of the world. Not the greatest idea on a expensive cue.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

Thanks Fatboy, I knew it wasn't the best choice. He said he is looking for a cue online, and not a custom, so I thought this could be an option. A pro taper would be easier and the slight change in a conical could be sanded to match back up. Again not the best option, but I thought it might be OK for a regular (not custom) cue.

I guess since companies like Schmelke, Pechauer, and others will do custom orders on production cues that would be the better choice.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Fatboy, I knew it wasn't the best choice. He said he is looking for a cue online, and not a custom, so I thought this could be an option. A pro taper would be easier and the slight change in a conical could be sanded to match back up. Again not the best option, but I thought it might be OK for a regular (not custom) cue.

I guess since companies like Schmelke, Pechauer, and others will do custom orders on production cues that would be the better choice.
Exactly right, on a pro taper not a huge deal. On a shorter taper can be a issue. On a production cue it’s not a bad idea.

If it can be ordered all the better,

I had a 60” McDermott I chopped 2” off the shaft. I had forgot about that, it just occurred to me. Was in 86. That shaft didn’t play as nice as the correct shafts did. But I couldn’t stand the extra 2”. I was just learning about cues at the time. Funny I just remembered that. I used that cue for 3 years. D series McD. Great cue.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
Somewhere out there is a 57" Szamboti. I sold it to John Wright. If you can find it, buy it. Perfect balance.