626 is it legit?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The run should be easy to verify, IMO. All one needs to look for are missed shots, or the tip accidentally hitting the cb during warm-up strokes. Pretty sure JS was playing CB fouls only as he announced in prior runs (and has also been played in major 14-1 tournaments in the past and major 9 ball tournaments). Any serious but plateuted C or B player can do that. One doesn't need to be a 200 ball runner. Cleaning balls is done in every major cue sport these days. That should not be an issue. The rack being off an 1/8" or 1/4" one way or the other should not be an issue. It happens in every tournament, from local weekly event to Zuglan's iron fist tournament. The equipment should not be an issue. Everyone and their mother who cared knew the second JS did it. They could have went to the room and inspected the table right after to verify for themselves it was to some made up spec that who knows who wrote. Unless JS went in there the night before with a grinder, and made the slate opening 1/2" bigger on the radius all the way around, I'd bet dollar to doughnuts the table is a regular table that was in that pool hall for 20 years (or whenever the pool hall bought it).

You are right -- it should easy to verify... just need the unedited video.

Lou Figueroa

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The money was offered if the record was broken at the tournament in question (DCC). It wasn’t a never-ending offer for anytime and anyplace.

What if Earl was the one who viewed the tape and said it was good? He never offered any money. His honesty was never brought into question (as far as I know). And of course he knows everything on the table, inside out, and sideways. Would you have accepted his account?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
The unedited video exists, per js team, and it will speak for itself.
IT IS WHAT IT IS!
The only one in question is, John Schmidt. That is where all of the problems reside.
He must exhibit the actual unedited video.
TIME waits for no one! May 28, 2019 was not too soon.
Actually, he doesn't need to exhibit the unedited video to the public. The 626 high run record was already accepted by the BCA, Predator, and the pool community at large (quite a few pros have already congratulated JS). It's only a few doubters that think that there is no record unless they themselves see the unedited video. From what I know of JS, I bet that he is laughing his @ss off about these threads and how bent out of shape Danny and a few others are about his record and them not being able to scrutinize it.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I know of JS, I bet that he is laughing his @ss off about these threads and how bent out of shape Danny and a few others are about his record and them not being able to scrutinize it.
Definitely.

Many on here too.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Care to share why?

You listed HOF players earlier.

Is that the bar?

No, I do not care to share.

I did mention HOF players. I think a couple of those guys reviewing the video would have greatly enhanced the credibility of the BCA’s certification. As it sits right now it kinda ranks up there with the “Certificate of Authenticity” they give you if you buy a painting at a cruise ship auction.

Lou Figueroa

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply, Lou.
I respect all opinions (except crazy nut bags and you’re not one of them)

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too late hasteytj, the nuts already out of the bag. U may be right, we might be crazy, but it keeps us from going where ur headed(insane). Yeah, I’ll go anywhere I want to go. radar
Finally!

He makes a semi age appropriate analogy.

I guess there is value in the second kick of a mule!

Thanks Jimmie

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
No, I do not care to share.

I did mention HOF players. I think a couple of those guys reviewing the video would have greatly enhanced the credibility of the BCA’s certification. As it sits right now it kinda ranks up there with the “Certificate of Authenticity” they give you if you buy a painting at a cruise ship auction.

Lou Figueroa
Howdy Lou, I read bca's mission on their webseat' - could not help notice over the yrs. bca change their definition of 'Pocket Billiards' to 'pool'? When ever it was - that was the beginning of the end for the corrupt bca/hollywood crowd in my view. The term pool does blur the lines of what Mosconi called Pocket Billiards. I am solid at seeing details (blessing and curse) - I appreciate your input on the bca's decision to change the Pocket Billiard nomenclature to that of 'pool' (I believe your a warrior for truth) so thanks in advance. The term 'pool' does not receive MY blessing :-/ so that is why I'm asking.

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy Lou, I read bca's mission on their webseat' - could not help notice over the yrs. bca change their definition of 'Pocket Billiards' to 'pool'? When ever it was - that was the beginning of the end for the corrupt bca/hollywood crowd in my view. The term pool does blur the lines of what Mosconi called Pocket Billiards. I am solid at seeing details (blessing and curse) - I appreciate your input on the bca's decision to change the Pocket Billiard nomenclature to pool (I believe your a warrior for truth) so thanks in advance. The term pool does not receive MY blessing :-/ so that is why I'm asking.
A curse? Not so much.

You clearly miss some details.

Read the bolded text in the quote.

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears that some need no details.
STINK STANK STUNK
IF IT isn’t stinking
Stir IT up
IF IT is still not stinking
CHUG IT while stirring
Matters not to whom anyone writes here, ur 2 cents are just as important info as theirs is.
So, have at IT
NOTHING TO LOSE

Bro- why you so mad?

My comment wasn’t directed at the radar account.

Chill and relax- you’re getting really worked up and I’m starting to worry about you my friend.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears that some need no details.
STINK STANK STUNK
IF IT isn’t stinking
Stir IT up
IF IT is still not stinking
CHUG IT while stirring
Matters not to whom anyone writes here, ur 2 cents are just as important info as theirs is.
So, have at IT
NOTHING TO LOSE
You do have a way with words. Like, "STINK STANK STUNK" and "IF IT is still not stinking". Also, let's not forget this one: "ur 2 cents". Simply beautiful grammar and it REALLY touches me deep inside - somewhere? Are you related to Justnum?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I choose to wait for review of the run by someone else.

Lou Figueroa
I choose also to wait as well, but as long as the bca and j.s. continue to hide the evidence - (no copies for sale to open public in unedited disc form) their journalistic integrity will be seriously questioned.

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
This is one of the posts that led me to believe Lou would respect Varner’s opinion.

Maybe this was a confusing post?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is one of the posts that led me to believe Lou would respect Varner’s opinion.

Maybe this was a confusing post?

The post is not confusing and speaks for itself -- if, way back when, the BCA had had a couple of HOF 14.1 players review unedited video of the run it would have made their certification more credible.

Lou Figueroa
pretty clear

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will say this: I think he is capable of doing it. But I also believe that there are a ton of red flags and suspicious elements to this claim. First he was live streaming for weeks if I remember but the one where he broke it was not streamed. I also believe like a day or 2 before the run he announced that he had found some "secret". Third the only way to see the video is in private screening where there is a section around 400 that is sped up for "time" purposes

The biggest issue I have is the actual number. He managed to run exactly 100 balls more than Mosconi. That is statistically incredibly unlikely but is fantastic from a marketing standpoint.

In universities they scrutinize data to see if the data is fake in doctoral thesis. People that fake data tend to use certain numbers and patterns that are extremely improbable to occur in a real testing environment and those thesis are thrown out.

To me there is way too many convenient coincidences for me to 100% believe it is real.

Plus everyone gleefully ignores Mosconi did it in an exhibition setting on one of the few if not only time he tried for a high run