70 Ball Run

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the one where he is giving a clinic? A lot of questions come from his audience?

Andy

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Please click on this Link: http://vimeo.com/9992690

I messed up on my position on the 13th ball causing me to have poor position on the key ball by not coming off the rail enough. Which lead to a long break ball. Which, I should of made. I know that I let up on the shot b/c I was thinking that I could of been so much closer to the break ball.
Anyways, I am pretty happy with the run. I haven't had a good one like this in a while.

LOVE your taste in music. I play 14.1 to Pink Floyd all the time

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Thanks for posting your run, I enjoyed watching. I should always remember that option about leaving the cb in the rack if I get lost about a good key ball.
That was sad to see your run ended because of a tiny error at 17:05 when playing shape from 6 to 14. I think if you did follow a bit more you would have ended straight on that stripe and could have drawn to be straight again on the key ball. Though Dennis made a good remark about the danger such lone balls in the middle could present.
Dennis:
It would be great if you can do that for everyone here on the 14.1 Forum.
yes, please :)

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Ray Martin

I might have it on my home computer already converted. I'll see.

In the meantime take a look at the Ray Martin 14.1 lesson:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8294808311951707336#

Dennis:
I watched the whole Ray Martin instructional video. What a player & one of the all time greats. I have an 8x10 of him & LeRoy Kinman together.
He walked everyone threw all those racks explaining what he was going to do and stopped to answer questions. All of his statements, I totally agree with and I found his thinking towards each rack the same as mine. Now, I just need to work on the rest of my game.
The main statement he makes is: if you are working on pattern and get out of line. Re-think a new pattern. This can happen over & over in each rack but always have a plan to work towards breaking up clusters, removing balls blocking pockets & setting up key balls to a break shot.
He did go over the best points to hit a rack on break shots and the best area of the rack when you have your cue ball coming off the bottom rail into the back of the rack.
He also makes the best statement of the video about half way into the 2nd rack about balls coming out of the rack from break shots.
Thanks for posting it.

Last edited:

sausage

Banned
straightman: i did manage to download most of your video.

when i tried to video myself, i played to fast and got frustrated. i don't know if this is your normal playing speed but if you'd slow down a tad and move the cue less, you could do some real 14.1 damage because your shotmaking is good. interestingly, after watching you, i saw mistakes that i make too especially when going into clusters. 70 balls is 70 balls though. few people on earth can do that.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

straightman: i did manage to download most of your video.

when i tried to video myself, i played to fast and got frustrated. i don't know if this is your normal playing speed but if you'd slow down a tad and move the cue less, you could do some real 14.1 damage because your shotmaking is good. interestingly, after watching you, i saw mistakes that i make too especially when going into clusters. 70 balls is 70 balls though. few people on earth can do that.

Thanks for your comments. Steve also stated that I was playing fast and you are both correct. I have always played like that but I do know it leads to misses or getting stuck, scratches etc. and ending nice runs. I did have the video in the back of my mind and I do not want people watching to get bored. I think that I was playing just slightly faster then normal.
I do need to slow down. I'm pretty busy with things around here this week and have a few doctor appointments but by the week end I should have plenty of time to practice. Maybe I can post another run next week with better control. At least I hope so.
Good news, I lost 20 lbs since last month, doctor's orders. I am feeling so much better and maybe I can move around the table faster now......... LOL... just kidding. Still need to lose some more.

Last edited:

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great run

Nice run Mike. I'm glad you only put 42 on me last month. You really got yourself out of a lot of tough situations. Besides butchering some easy shots, that's where I tend to have the most difficulty. You tackled that cluster on the side rail really well.

Keep posting video. I enjoyed it.:smile:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Two Different 50's

I just ran 57 and 56. Almost back to back.
I did get sloppy at times in each of the runs but recovered. Missed a easy shot b/c I was watching the path of cue ball instead of the object ball.
Can't remember which run it was. Believe it or not, I can not remember how the other run ended. I need to go over the video.

sausage

Banned
57 and 56 would be tough to beat. good shooting.

when i get another table, i'm going to concentrate on smooth shooting and "little position". one commentator on a video calls this, "surgery". when i accomplish this, that's when i know that i'm playing well. it also makes the rack more fun to run and less fatiguing.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
A Long Day

Went and had my eyes checked today. I got some new contacts to try out. Slightly different prescription then what I was wearing. Hopefully, it will help. I haven't had a chance to try them b/c I just had so many things to do today and now it is so late. Can't wait to tomorrow to hit the table.
I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Only a pool player can get excited over new contacts...... LOL

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
I'm still up.......

Here it is almost 3am and I have been practicing like a fool.......
After many, many racks. I finally ran 56. Got completely out of line for a great break shot to go into the 5 rack. Went way pass it and then tried to play it off the rack but missed it by a lot.
Contacts seem to be helping. Most of my mistakes were from getting stuck of balls and not misses. Which tells me that at least, I am seeing correctly.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maybe i should try these contacts, too....would be cool to run 150 finally lol
congrats on your 50´s though. keep it up

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Ran Another 70

I ran another 70 balls tonight. Missed shape on my key ball that was on the bottom rail. I end up on the bottom rail too, straight as can be. This all lead to a very hard cut shot up table from the bottom corner pocket, that I missed by about a foot. The break ball was by the side of the rack, where it was supposed to be.
Still ran 70. Which, I am pleased with.

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please click on this Link: http://vimeo.com/9992690

I messed up on my position on the 13th ball causing me to have poor position on the key ball by not coming off the rail enough. Which lead to a long break ball. Which, I should of made. I know that I let up on the shot b/c I was thinking that I could of been so much closer to the break ball.
Anyways, I am pretty happy with the run. I haven't had a good one like this in a while.

Hell of a run brotha! how long you been playin?

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
congrats! That's what is called consistency! Wish I was capable of running half of that on a regular basis