81 ball run

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
i know im biased bragging on billy because we r super good pals.
its been rare in my career but a few people who just played pool for fun made me think they could have been world class.bills at the top of my list.

ive said this before but after knowing bill for 8 years and finding out that he was a multi world champ drag racer,not because he told me but i googled him because hes to humble to brag.
then i play golf with him and he can on a good day break 80.by the way he plays golf about 4 times a year seriously.

most people never improve at pool or anything else after 50 .billys highrun when i met him was 97 which is awesome.now hes run over 100 like 5 times.

my point is he was a working man,husband,great father his kids luv him and he quit pool and golf for like 25 years.

he plays golf very nicely and plays great pool for a guy who worked his whole life.

people have asked me many times could they have played propool and of course odds were slim.
if billy took pool seriously 30 years ago i would bet my life he would have been a pro caliber player.
thank god he didnt though cause he would be broke now and i couldnt drive his corvette,lol.

in closing billy not only am i proud to call u my best pal u r one of the smartest,nicest, most talented people ive ever met .

looking forward to our golfgame sunday champ.
p.s. nice 81

John:

That was probably the nicest, most inspiring and supportive post I've read in a very, very long time. I share your thoughts about Bill -- he's just one of those souls that could do anything he wants, and chose his path wisely, but still keeps his fingers in many pies to "remind" us of what he can still do. You're an incredibly devoted friend, and people are lucky to call you such.

I can't wait to bump into you guys again. Perhaps at SBE?

Thanks again for the inspiring read over a morning cup of coffee. Now, one more cup, and off to go outside and shovel tons of snow!

-Sean

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Welcome back, Schmidty!

i know im biased bragging on billy because we r super good pals.
its been rare in my career but a few people who just played pool for fun made me think they could have been world class.bills at the top of my list.

ive said this before but after knowing bill for 8 years and finding out that he was a multi world champ drag racer,not because he told me but i googled him because hes to humble to brag.
then i play golf with him and he can on a good day break 80.by the way he plays golf about 4 times a year seriously.

most people never improve at pool or anything else after 50 .billys highrun when i met him was 97 which is awesome.now hes run over 100 like 5 times.

my point is he was a working man,husband,great father his kids luv him and he quit pool and golf for like 25 years.

he plays golf very nicely and plays great pool for a guy who worked his whole life.

people have asked me many times could they have played propool and of course odds were slim.
if billy took pool seriously 30 years ago i would bet my life he would have been a pro caliber player.
thank god he didnt though cause he would be broke now and i couldnt drive his corvette,lol.

in closing billy not only am i proud to call u my best pal u r one of the smartest,nicest, most talented people ive ever met .

looking forward to our golfgame sunday champ.
p.s. nice 81

It's nice to see you pop your head into our little forum once in a while, champ. Even if it's just to talk about Billy Boy.

He certainly is quite a character. Takes off playing for years and gets right back on the table with that velvet smooth stroke of his. A buddy of mine in Chicago who has run 100 a few times prefers watching Bill's videos over many of the pros. He says he makes it look so easy.

He has been popping a lot of high runs lately, 57 and 60 last night. I think he will hit another hundred before the month is out.

Anyway, I hope he you guys had fun on the golf course today. Catch you later.