9 ball it isnt too easy.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to At Large for presenting the stats which prove 9 ball isn't too easy for the pros.
Screenshot_20240611_083247_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: SEB

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ONEPOCKETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🥰🥰🥰🥰
Naaaa I have alcohol to help me sleep . I don’t need one pocket to help 😴💤

• Haha
Reactions: bbb

Flakeandrun

That shows me the table took the game outta the game.
thx for the stats.
bm
Was it the table? Was it the table and the break format? Was it the table, break format and humidity conditions? Was it the table, break format, humidity conditions and quarter milli? 🙃

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not too easy for whom? And whom is it too hard for? Meaningless. Pool requires some aptitude but beyond that and presuming you have a good model, you just keep at it until you can do it. The stats reflect some of the variances in accomplishment but fail at detailing the actual forces of competition. 2 minds in conflict over a single outcome for instance and to put it in and to put it in blunt terms. This is where the "not so easy begins".
Pool is easy. Just do it.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it has turned into a game where you tend to do the same basic thing over and over. and the person best at that wins.
fun to be that guy. bad to be the other, and no fun for a spectator.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it has turned into a game where you tend to do the same basic thing over and over. and the person best at that wins.
fun to be that guy. bad to be the other, and no fun for a spectator.
At the world class it should be a matter of fading all the distractions. (hyped as "The Pressure")
Gorst for instance seems to win just out-waiting the crappy stuff and staying competent for when opportunity does knock.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stats prove , played like this , 9ball is not just a break and run game.

As for the same basic things if you mean pocketing balls and playing position , billiards ,caroms,masse's,tickies , kisses,dbl kisses, navigating around and thru clusters , banking balls , playing safe , escaping safe albeit a jump shot , we'll executed kick , or a intentional change of the layout , yeah just the basics.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As for the same basic things if you mean pocketing balls and playing position , billiards ,caroms,masse's,tickies , kisses,dbl kisses, navigating around and thru clusters , banking balls , playing safe , escaping safe albeit a jump shot , we'll executed kick , or a intentional change of the layout , yeah just the basics.
Stats can indicate certain trends but I don't think they can prove anything. With a tournament, winning is the game and stats do provide raw data toward imaging that concept. They don't enumerate the whys of turnovers for instance.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

he may be referring to fundamentals. but it has always been a game where consistent strokes have been favored (rempe, hall, miz etc), there are just more of them now, and they are more consistent because the competition is way harder.

i was hoping to see a little more of the big money pressure getting to the players, but for the most part they were stone cold killers. maybe kaci changed his percentage play a bit in the semi and final, but other than that i didn't see a big change in play in the last two days

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he may be referring to fundamentals. but it has always been a game where consistent strokes have been favored (rempe, hall, miz etc), there are just more of them now, and they are more consistent because the competition is way harder.

i was hoping to see a little more of the big money pressure getting to the players, but for the most part they were stone cold killers. maybe kaci changed his percentage play a bit in the semi and final, but other than that i didn't see a big change in play in the last two days
Sadist. :D

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
with 4 inch pockets its is no longer a game of break and run at this point in time. but it is also a game which no one but the pros play.
and any amateur even a good one will have nothing but frustration playing on that equipment especially after it is broken in some like in a pool room..