.900+ on the Diamond 10' table

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching these guys play on the Bigfoot, it's obvious that they are struggling a bit more than they would on a 9' table. And yet, Bustie is shooting .921 TPA and Ko is shooting .900 TPA. Any thoughts on how much harder the 10' is considered compared to the 9'? I'm looking for a factor that could be used to multiply the 10' TPA to see what the equivalent would be if played on a 9 footer.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Busty is shooting .938 right now, up 9-7.

I'd equate a .938 on a 10-foot table to about a .975 on a 9 foot table.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Busty runs his 4th rack after Ko scratched on the break four racks ago. Busty up 10-7 and shooting .943.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
according to Dr. Dave's charts for TDF - Table Difficulty Factor....

A typical Diamond 9' pro-cut pockets has a TDF of 1.07

If you change the table size to 10' with same pocket dimensions the TDF is 1.18 and considered "Very tough"

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=324408

But 1.18 / 1.07 = 1.10.

If we used a 10% factor to inflate the 10-footer results, we'd get over 1.000 for anything on a 10-footer of .909 or higher.

TPA's in the .900's on a 10-footer aren't common, but they do exist. Three of last year's 30 TPA's in the Bigfoot were .900's (.932, .906, .957). One of 12 so far this year.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But 1.18 / 1.07 = 1.10.

If we used a 10% factor to inflate the 10-footer results, we'd get over 1.000 for anything on a 10-footer of .909 or higher.

TPA's in the .900's on a 10-footer aren't common, but they do exist. Three of last year's 30 TPA's in the Bigfoot were .900's (.932, .906, .957). One of 12 so far this year.

Even at 1.05 you run into a problem if you are shooting better than .950. Right now Morra is playing .962, which would give him a 1.010 shooting average.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No surprise to me!!

Busty runs his 4th rack after Ko scratched on the break four racks ago. Busty up 10-7 and shooting .943.

I always laugh when people on this site say that Busty cant play with the big boys any more, he's old or past his prime.

If he is focused he is as good as anybody, even for the cash!!

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I always laugh when people on this site say that Busty cant play with the big boys any more, he's old or past his prime.

If he is focused he is as good as anybody, even for the cash!!

And tomorrow we get to see Busty versus Efren!

Corwyn_8

Energy Curmudgeon
Silver Member
Even at 1.05 you run into a problem if you are shooting better than .950. Right now Morra is playing .962, which would give him a 1.010 shooting average.

You have to decrease the losing percentage, not increase winning percentage, if I am understanding the problem correctly.

Thank you kindly.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
Maybe the 10-foot table is easier, not harder. Did anyone consider that?

The extra space gives the pros more room to maneuver the cue ball, leading to better position and fewer misses.