A curiousity about CF shafts.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I don't own one and at my age and with the amount of cues I already have I may never own one, so I ask you CF shaft owners:

Has any owners of any brand of CF shaft ever tried experimenting with cue shaft products like Cue Silk, Molinari Cue Wax, Q Wax, etc.?

Just curious as to if cue "conditioners" would have a positive/negative/negligible effect on the shaft.

I would think they would make the CF shafts "slicker than owl sh*t".

Anyone???

Maniac

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think you’d want to just use alcohol wipes and have your fingers slide on the uncontaminated finish. I imagine any product would just give the shaft a substance that various contaminants could cling to. It’s already owl shit slick to start with. But perhaps if you want to throw some KY Jelly on it then I wouldn’t judge if you can keep the felt clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ElKabong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think you’d want to just use alcohol wipes and have your fingers slide on the uncontaminated finish. I imagine any product would just give the shaft a substance that various contaminants could cling to. It’s already owl shit slick to start with. But perhaps if you want to throw some KY Jelly on it then I wouldn’t judge if you can keep the felt clean.

Rookie move......
https://www.amazon.com/Astroglide-Liquid-Water-Personal-Lubricant/dp/B000CLTYCW

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

Yes I understand everything your post states.

As I stated....I was just curious if anybody had tried it. I fully understand the downside to wax/cue shaft products.

Maniac (the thread has already turned to shit):grin-square:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I don't own one and at my age and with the amount of cues I already have I may never own one, so I ask you CF shaft owners:

Has any owners of any brand of CF shaft ever tried experimenting with cue shaft products like Cue Silk, Molinari Cue Wax, Q Wax, etc.?

Just curious as to if cue "conditioners" would have a positive/negative/negligible effect on the shaft.

I would think they would make the CF shafts "slicker than owl sh*t".

Anyone???

Maniac

My CF shaft is already perfectly smooth and stays that way just with a cloth wipe. But no, I haven't tried it.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:rolleyes: You guys are using metaphors for slick incorrectly. I've noticed it several places on AZ.

For "slick" the term "slicker than cat shit on a rainy day" applies.

Owl "shit" has an entirely different connotation: "Stranger than owl shit" means very weird indeed. Though it is not actually the poop, but the castings (owl hair balls, more or less :) ) that people think of when they think strange. All the little skeletons and such, especially in a dried out casting. Positively goth, if it was a big owl.

Yours for slicker metaphorical usage,
:thumbup:
smt

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
:rolleyes: You guys are using metaphors for slick incorrectly. I've noticed it several places on AZ.

Owl "shit" has an entirely different connotation: "Stranger than owl shit" means very weird indeed. Though it is not actually the poop, but the castings (owl hair balls, more or less :) ) that people think of when they think strange. All the little skeletons and such, especially in a dried out casting. Positively goth, if it was a big owl.

smt

You're obviously not from Texas. :thumbup:

Maniac

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member

smt

:joyful::rotflmao::joyful:

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
My CF shaft has the same "sticking point" as my previous wood shafts: it isn't the cue that gets sticky, it's my hands.

I clean the shaft with an alcohol wipe or a wet cloth from time to time, but for the hands the only good solution is a glove.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not thst it is likely to be an issue for the pool world, but don't use chemical cleaners on CF.

Some will break down the carbon/ epoxy bond.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I have the Cuetec Cynergy. I wash my hands before I play & during and use a wet papertowel to wipe down the shaft before I play, usually in the middle and when I am done.

This is one of my favorite features of the CF, it is so easy to keep clean.

I love the consistency of the smooth finish.

TFT

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the Revo for Xmas as a gift and since then I just use the cheap glasses wipes from Walmart once a week or every other week and wipe it down everytime I shoot

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the Revo for Xmas as a gift and since then I just use the cheap glasses wipes from Walmart once a week or every other week and wipe it down everytime I shoot

There's the potential chemical introduction. Prob worth it to read the label of what you're using and see if the contents might have an adverse impact on CF.

Might be a good idea to wipe with damp paper towel after using those wipes, irrespective of what the above investigation reveals.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve tried cue wax on my Cynergy but it was wasted effort. Didn’t make it any slicker and as my hands got dirtier, the cue began to get tacky. Just plain alcohol wipes and you’ll be fine.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just msg'd Predator to see what they say. They DO NOT recommend using water on a Revo. Said it can mess up the finish of the shaft. They said to first wipe with a clean microfiber cloth then a 90% alcohol wipe. Said alcohol is better at removing both chalk and oil from hands. Just passing on what they said.