A new 14.1 Challenge Event.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Soon I will be organizing and sponsoring a new 14.1 high run challenge in Central Texas. I have a generous group of cosponsors also. No player is banned from coming to try their luck. I think we will set new records almost daily. I sincerely believe 1,000 + ball runs will be possible.

For my challenge events I have solved the pocket size debate as well:

Screenshot_20221109-103455~2.png

Who wants to be first?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Soon I will be organizing and sponsoring a new 14.1 high run challenge in Central Texas. I have a generous group of cosponsors also. No player is banned from coming to try their luck. I think we will set new records almost daily. I sincerely believe 1,000 + ball runs will be possible.

Who wants to be first?
I'll be first, so I can have the record briefly. Is a scratch a foul? I'll be glad to start from a full 15-ball rack unlike the cheaters who have one ball loose at the start.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be first, so I can have the record briefly. Is a scratch a foul? I'll be glad to start from a full 15-ball rack unlike the cheaters who have one ball loose at the start.
Yes. A scratch would be a foul. Soft break recommended!

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Call pocket? I think as long as it’s call pocket, if the cueball leaves the table due to table conditions, it should just be replaced and the shooter continues. Otherwise the high run attempts will be too defensive. No one likes to see long bouts of safety in high run attempts.

middleofnowhere

Registered

View attachment 670354

Who wants to be first?
Impossible to run even one rack without scratching.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call pocket? I think as long as it’s call pocket, if the cueball leaves the table due to table conditions, it should just be replaced and the shooter continues. Otherwise the high run attempts will be too defensive. No one likes to see long bouts of safety in high run attempts.
No need to call pockets for this event....because there is technically only one!

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might actually be a fun game, if the table had ball-return gutters (no bank shots though). Inning could only end with a scratch (or miscue/foul/etc), unless a slow-rolled shot stopped short.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused here why would there be any safeties in a high run attempt?
Theres only one player.
14.1 is always call ball and pocket.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead of another one of these boring, meaningless high run challenge events, why not use those resources to do a proper 14.1 tournament?

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member

View attachment 670354

Who wants to be first?
I still couldn't make a ball with ball in hand.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it just me or does it seem like it might be easier than you expect to roll the cue ball off the table and end your run? :ROFLMAO: