A VERY SAD DAY - RIP Bill Stroud

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill Stroud

Words cannot express the pain I feel. All the years and memories god this ain't right. Bill sent cue making to a new plateau ,and will always be remembered as one of the greats. To his family, my deepest sympathy.

Rest in Peace. Rich Ford.

Last edited:

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke with Bill a few years ago at the Derby.First time I ever met him.I mention Dayton Oh..He had some stories!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What an awful thing to happen! He was well loved by man. May he rest in eternal peace!

Flats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2015, Stroud played in our Vegas Tune-up tourney here in Alamosa, He played Sam Cordova for the hill and ended up taking 3rd. believe he said he lived in Las Cruces at the time...loved to compete.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Last night I came across an interview with Bill Stroud on YouTube. at the beginning it referred to him as the late Bill Stroud. I guess I don't keep up on pool very much anymore I was shocked to hear that he had died. Does anybody know how old he was?

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Last night I came across an interview with Bill Stroud on YouTube. at the beginning it referred to him as the late Bill Stroud. I guess I don't keep up on pool very much anymore I was shocked to hear that he had died. Does anybody know how old he was?
I believe he was 78, although he may have turned 79 just before he passed.
WP

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The man was a Giant.
Didn't personally know Bill Stroud, never met him face to face.

I have been on board in the forums when he often made an entrance, One thing I immediately learned.....
He was not to be Messed with.
Bill would post to a thread for Comment or to help with History of Billiard Enthusiasm and often Just to say Hello.
The times he did open to say Hello, it was like King Kong just walked in.
Though I never heard his voice, I was sure it was Thunder.
God Love You Bill Stroud.