A wonderful morning- hot coffee, good music, and a 9 ball break and run first rack.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the beginning, i would break and run a 9 ball rack once every month. This went on for quite a while, a couple of years or so. Now, after 5 plus years of practicing at age 66, the break and runs are know coming 4-5 a practice session. To say I’m I’m very happy is an under statement. I have worked hard, very hard, watching videos, watching matches, going to different places to place on different tables, ect.

I still practice and play alone, which is a problem, but i could care less. I know where i started from, and i know where I’m at now.
I will never play in a tournament, they take too long. I’m having the time of my retired life playing pool.

And when i do play someone in the future, i want them to say: man that old guy can play. 😎

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the beginning, i would break and run a 9 ball rack once every month. This went on for quite a while, a couple of years or so. Now, after 5 plus years of practicing at age 66, the break and runs are know coming 4-5 a practice session. To say I’m I’m very happy is an under statement. I have worked hard, very hard, watching videos, watching matches, going to different places to place on different tables, ect.

I still practice and play alone, which is a problem, but i could care less. I know where i started from, and i know where I’m at now.
I will never play in a tournament, they take too long. I’m having the time of my retired life playing pool.

And when i do play someone in the future, i want them to say: man that old guy can play. 😎
I love practicing by myself late at night myself when things are slow in here, and sometimes I feel like I could play all night. However, if you never test yourself in competition against other players, you’re missing out on a whole different experience you just can’t get practicing by yourself.

Seeing if you can execute in competition when it counts is very rewarding, just as choking in competition tears you up. You can’t experience either of those extremes in solo practice.

tomatoshooter

I love practicing by myself late at night myself when things are slow in here, and sometimes I feel like I could play all night. However, if you never test yourself in competition against other players, you’re missing out on a whole different experience you just can’t get practicing by yourself.

Seeing if you can execute in competition when it counts is very rewarding, just as choking in competition tears you up. You can’t experience either of those extremes in solo practice.
It's fun to just roll balls in, although I do need that competition, sometimes I'm having more fun just practicing. I do agree that tournaments can be tedious, I need to start setting up (small) money games.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screenshot_20230126-111030.jpg