Abandoned house and billiards table

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
So do those guys trespass to film these ? I am not sure what the context is or if they are trying to promote the locations.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So do those guys trespass to film these ? I am not sure what the context is or if they are trying to promote the locations.
There's a lot of exploring vids out there and yeah, usually they are trespassing.

There are some pretty cool ones from abandoned malls. I went down that YouTube rabbit hole once.

I'd be concerned about running into a group of homeless people.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's a lot of exploring vids out there and yeah, usually they are trespassing.

There are some pretty cool ones from abandoned malls. I went down that YouTube rabbit hole once.

I'd be concerned about running into a group of homeless people.
Been there, done that too. I'm curious by nature and an explorer at heart. The only time I've been on edge is in wilderness areas of California when you run across someome carrying a rifle (I have). They are usually protecting a grow site and don't like onlookers. I tell them that I'm just out for a hike and if I should not be back there. I'm VERY polite and if they tell me to go back I will. I do carry when I'm out in the boonies but I don't ever want to have to use it to protect myself that way. It's more for the possible run in with a bear or a mountain lion, who are scared off by the sound of a gunshot. Believe me they are out there in the wilds of California.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Been there, done that too. I'm curious by nature and an explorer at heart. The only time I've been on edge is in wilderness areas of California when you run across someome carrying a rifle (I have). They are usually protecting a grow site and don't like onlookers. I tell them that I'm just out for a hike and if I should not be back there. I'm VERY polite and if they tell me to go back I will. I do carry when I'm out in the boonies but I don't ever want to have to use it to protect myself that way. It's more for the possible run in with a bear or a mountain lion, who are scared off by the sound of a gunshot. Believe me they are out there in the wilds of California.
Interesting. We have had to tell hunters/poachers to leave when trespassing on the farm but never had any trouble than a raised voice.

Our north can be rougher, but rare chance of a shooting in my experience. It shouldn't surprise me anymore how different the concerns are between us and canada but still does now and then.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a hard time believing that house is abandoned. Vacant yes but I doubt abandoned. Either for sale or in a legal dispute of some sort.