about bonus ball

Lucky_Lew66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant imagine all these people hanging there hopes of pool growing on this game,what...dont we have enough games that challenge our talents,what we need is another good movie with some big name actors that everyone knows to make pool more in the mainstream, maybe even some college action with teams like the Mosconi cup. Every other big sport has ties to the collegiate level, why does pool think it doesnt have to. Maybe if some sponsors would offer a college scholarship or two to some up and coming players. Get some of the local stations to start covering local events or the papers to post local pool news like they do other sports. I dont feel like the pool powers that be are doing all they can do to promote the sport. If people dont understand it ,then make a movie and explain all the fine details of the games in the movie. Push to make it an olympic event,which at one time it was i think,maybe only in China. I just dont think that bonus ball is the answer,i hope it goes well ,but i am not going to hold my breath on that one. The team event that Earl and Jennifer Berretta were doing out of New York, what happened to that, i thought they were going to push to have teams from every city for that. I watched Johnny Archer demo that bonus ball game and i was not impressed, it just didnt seem that challenging for their caliber of players. Didnt mean to bash the efforts put into this game,i just think that we can do better then this.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
teal deer summary -

BB going nowhere, saw Johnny demo it and wasn't impressed. What we need is another pool movie.
Maybe try college team pool. Sponsors and TV might follow.
People in charge aren't trying hard enough to promote it.
Make a movie explaining the rules in detail. Try to make it an olympic sport.
Earl and Jennier B. tried some team thing in NY, what happened to that?
We can do better.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
teal deer summary -

BB going nowhere, saw Johnny demo it and wasn't impressed. What we need is another pool movie.
Maybe try college team pool. Sponsors and TV might follow.
People in charge aren't trying hard enough to promote it.
Make a movie explaining the rules in detail. Try to make it an olympic sport.
Earl and Jennier B. tried some team thing in NY, what happened to that?
We can do better.

You are correct that people in charge of pool are not trying hard enough to promote it which is why we rarely or never see it on the news or in the papers except for when someone robs or kills someone in a poolroom. I think the best thing that can be done is the image to be cleaned up even if it takes time and encourage the youth to play the game. The game needs new blood in it along with new money, kids need to grow into the game and support it when they become adults. This is just my opinion of course.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
All bonus ball had to do was copy the IPT--- BB has the best production, great team concept, good content --- but a god awful game that will never catch on with the public. It's not catching on with pool players so it's drawing dead w/ the public. They should have used 8ball.

The broken part of success wasn't the game itself - it was everything else (players getting paid, etc).

BB is SO close yet I feel it will fail because it's an obvious failure game-wise.

If there's a BB investor reading this--- it's NOT too late. All you have to do is:

- Switch it up to 8ball using the IPT rules (not that stupid cloth though)

- Get rid of those stupid-looking sports jerseys. Trying to make our top pros (like Shannon Daulton) squeeze into a jersey to look like he's on a basketball team versus trying to look like he's on the PGA Tour is a MISTAKE. Why not just give them bowling shirts and really dumb it down? The logos are great--- apply the logo to the back of a Under Armor golf shirt and make everyone get custom taylored dress pants -- make them look like Nick Faldo and Tiger Woods clothing-wise versus the local drinking champion at a sports bar.

- Obviously, fix the streaming.

- Pay the players on time

Those 4 bullets will launch your organization and you'll have something that will be fun to watch. Shit, present these events like each time wins a million dollars for each event -- even if it's BS. The schmuck watching on TV won't know and they'll tune in to the "DRAMA" and that's what sells.

The show I watched last night was soulless, lifeless and looked like a poorly put together lego toy -- it was great, but there were a few pieces of the puzzle that were obviously wrong.

I'm just another wannabe know-it-all internet guy, so if you think you're on the right course -- keep on a coursing and prove planet earth wrong. I lost a decent amount of cash with the IPT and I'm NOT a fan of Keven Trudeau (especially after he calls me and lies to my face about the merger, etc.). EVEN SO --- even with all of my pent-up angst and hatred from 7 years ago, I'll always admit to anyone who asked that his model was SPOT on and his concept was the solution to putting pool shoulder to shoulder with golf, etc.

Don't reinvent -- copy a winning model and simply don't pull a Trudeau in the end and you win. His tournament was more PGA-like than anything I've ever been to. Nothing has come close - nothing. It was the real-deal. Copy that.