Accu-Stats U.S. Open Video - Time Warner is blocking the site

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I tried to get the Accu-Stats feed and my router is blocking access to Audiovideoweb.com. The same thing happened on Big Truck's one pocket event feed. I called Audioweb and they are aware that some Time Warner customers have issues. Apparently it's the new Time Warner Extreme routers.

I called Time Warner but they have no clue how to access the site except to turn off the firewall. There is no way I will go on the internet with the firewall off!

Hope audioweb gets the problem fixed someday. We're switching to Charter with a move next month but I'm bummed because I wanted to buy the week.
 
Last edited:
So you cannot even goto The website of AudioVideoWeb?

I wonder if TW is blocking via the DNS... Try changing your computer's DNS setting to 208.67.222.222 (OpenDNS) instead of using the router's.
 
I tried to get the Accu-Stats feed and my router is blocking access to Audiovideoweb.com. The same thing happened on Big Truck's one pocket event feed. I called Audioweb and they are aware that some Time Warner customers have issues. Apparently it's the new Time Warner Extreme routers.

I called Time Warner but they have no clue how to access the site except to turn off the firewall. There is no way I will go on the internet with the firewall off!

Hope audioweb gets the problem fixed someday. We're switching to Chater with a move next month but I'm bummed because I wanted to buy the week.

May be specific to your area. I'm a Time Warner subscriber and I've had no problem watching the stream.
 
So you cannot even goto The website of AudioVideoWeb?

I wonder if TW is blocking via the DNS... Try changing your computer's DNS setting to 208.67.222.222 (OpenDNS) instead of using the router's.

Yes. Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot.
 
I have TWC with the new router and it showed perfectly today. Turning your firewall off and going on just the Accu-Stats website will do no harm.
 
I have TWC with the new router and it showed perfectly today. Turning your firewall off and going on just the Accu-Stats website will do no harm.

I fixed it that way. I accessed the ubee router settings and turned off the firewall. It was definitely the router's firewall blocking all access to audiovisualweb.com sites for some reason. I am going to mess around with the router's settings to see exactly which setting or protocol is causing the conflict.

I am pretty sure this is an issue with the settings as installed by TW in the newer ubee routers. This is good to know for future users who have this issue with the ubee . if they PM me I can tell them how to access their settings and fix it.

Chris
 
I fixed it that way. I accessed the ubee router settings and turned off the firewall. It was definitely the router's firewall blocking all access to audiovisualweb.com sites for some reason. I am going to mess around with the router's settings to see exactly which setting or protocol is causing the conflict.

I am pretty sure this is an issue with the settings as installed by TW in the newer ubee routers. This is good to know for future users who have this issue with the ubee . if they PM me I can tell them how to access their settings and fix it.

Chris

For ubee routers here is the fix: Go to the router control panel. select firewall>content filter> uncheck any checks(should be nothing checked)

Should fix it. re. may have to do it again in the future.

Ray
 
For ubee routers here is the fix: Go to the router control panel. select firewall>content filter> uncheck any checks(should be nothing checked)

Should fix it. re. may have to do it again in the future.

Ray

I tried that but it didn't work. Below is for future users with the same issues.

Here's what I did:

Go to the ubee router control website;

http://192.168.0.1/

Login - (mine is user and password):

Go to Firewall and turn off IPV4 Content Protection.

Once you have purchased content and opened viewing window, firewall can be turned on again.

That did the trick. Saved about 3 hours on the phone with Time Warner. I'm surprised the folks at Audioweb didn't know that.
 

Attachments

  • Firewall snip.JPG
    Firewall snip.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
I tried that but it didn't work.

Here's what I did:

Go to the router control website;

http://192.168.0.1/

Login - (mine is user and password):

Go to Firewall and turn off IPV4 Content Protection.

That did the trick. Saved about 3 hours on the phone with Time Warner. I'm surprised the folks at Audioweb didn't know that.

That's the same page I was saying you need to uncheck everything. Looks different on mine. Must be a diff model ubee


Ray
 
Last edited:
It's a shame you can't add a rule to allow just that content, thus keeping your firewall on for everything else.
 
I fixed it that way. I accessed the ubee router settings and turned off the firewall. It was definitely the router's firewall blocking all access to audiovisualweb.com sites for some reason. I am going to mess around with the router's settings to see exactly which setting or protocol is causing the conflict.

I am pretty sure this is an issue with the settings as installed by TW in the newer ubee routers. This is good to know for future users who have this issue with the ubee . if they PM me I can tell them how to access their settings and fix it.

Chris

Glad to hear, Chris. Enjoy the open.
 
I have to use a proxy server or i cant get to AVW-Comcast in S Fla doesnt even know they' re blocking it and i got some super level tech.
 
If this is a matter of certain content being blocked, there ought to be some logs that indicate the ports/protocols that are being blocked by the firewall. Once you have that, you can explicitly permit these IP/port combinations.

If the GUI does not provide these logs, then some knowledgeable Time Warner pool fan should install Wire Shark (packet sniffer) on their PC, and sniff the traffic with the router firewall both on and off. That will give you the two-way traffic that needs to be enabled through the firewall.

Once you annotate all the necessary two way conversations with the firewall off, then turn it back on and see what traffic is not being allowed through when accessing ONLY the audiovideoweb content.

Personally, I have a Cisco ASA acting as the firewall for my internal network, and I have turned the external router firewall off. That is probably gonna be prohibitively expensive for your average user. My network is configured this way because Cisco ASAs are something of an industry standard, and it is good practice to be able to stand one up for my job.

Short Bus "Network/Firewall Engineer" Russ
 
If this is a matter of certain content being blocked, there ought to be some logs that indicate the ports/protocols that are being blocked by the firewall. Once you have that, you can explicitly permit these IP/port combinations.

If the GUI does not provide these logs, then some knowledgeable Time Warner pool fan should install Wire Shark (packet sniffer) on their PC, and sniff the traffic with the router firewall both on and off. That will give you the two-way traffic that needs to be enabled through the firewall.

Once you annotate all the necessary two way conversations with the firewall off, then turn it back on and see what traffic is not being allowed through when accessing ONLY the audiovideoweb content.

Personally, I have a Cisco ASA acting as the firewall for my internal network, and I have turned the external router firewall off. That is probably gonna be prohibitively expensive for your average user. My network is configured this way because Cisco ASAs are something of an industry standard, and it is good practice to be able to stand one up for my job.

Short Bus "Network/Firewall Engineer" Russ


Russ,

Network guys are becoming more and more valuable because all this stuff is too complicated for the average user. I am just an average small business owner and found I needed quite a bit of knowledge just for survival. I was running a server at home so had a separate firewall for it and we ran an older Cisco firewall at our office, which served us very well by the way. I fumbled through and somehow did the set up. We are also running an employee VPN to a hosted server that I troubleshoot 95% of the time. Plus now we have IP phones networked for home offices and I have to do the settings when we change locations.

Recently in our area, Time Warner upgraded modems to support considerably higher speeds (up to 200 mbs download). They sent out many modems to customers by mail that are combination cable modem and wireless routers. Great routers too by the way, very quick with excellent range.

Anyway, their literature comes with "easy, do-it-yourself software". So naturally I get a call from my in-laws to go over and set up their new modem. The built in activation software didn't work. The "easy to use " interface was just standard router software with a technically oriented user interface and few explanations.

At least I have a little experience with networks, but expecting mom and pop to be able to set these up, activating them, setting up security and so forth, was asking a bit much.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top