Actual Brunswick Gold Crown iii vs Brunswick Centurion review

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little update. Definitely the balls. Every stroke sticking on the cue ball and the 5 ball sounds like broken glass when I hit it. So waiting on balls! I can’t even get any spin on them with an elk master. They gotta be garbage. Time to stop. Going to burn the new cloth with these bad boys. When all was said and done the pockets ended up a little tighter than planned.
View attachment 612448
View attachment 612449
View attachment 612450
They play nicer than expected though!
I’d throw these balls in the trash asap. Soon as you get a new set, please do the world a favor and destroy them. Nobody should have to play pool with plastic balls.

Enjoy your new table😀😀
Fatboy

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Haha. Some of you guys are not going to like what I have to say about the Centurion. I’m going to give it a few more days before the actual review. I will tell you what though. The super aramith pros came today and I feel like 👍 👍👍👍👍👍😮😮😮😮😮😮😜😜😜😜😜😜😍😍😍😍😍😍😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘.😎😎😎😎 My God they play so much better than those plastic balls and the old premiums!🤩🤩🤩🤩

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Haha. Some of you guys are not going to like what I have to say about the Centurion. I’m going to give it a few more days before the actual review.
I doubt anybody here wants to hear a bad review on your table. But it cannot compare to the Brunswick flagship.

Enjoy in good health.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
I doubt anybody here wants to hear a bad review on your table. But it cannot compare to the Brunswick flagship.

Enjoy in good health.
I wouldn’t do that. I’m just going to list the good and the bad. It’s going to take a little more time just to make sure there are no big flaws or defects on the Centurions playability. So far I haven’t found any. Plus I’m going to go play on a Gold Crown 3 this weekend before posting.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Any Marylanders ever been to the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge? Awesome place and they have a nice golf course apparently, but they have little respect it’s indoor cousin Pool.

There are two tables there and I’ve never seen such shameful pool tables in all my travels. These things will sway back and forth a few times if you bump them with a hip. No sh!t. I wouldn’t be surprised to find wood or something underneath the cloth...which was likely felt from a craft store.

Thread relevance 23% but I’m shameless

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
I believe the GCIV has wider rails than previous iterations.
Thanks Rexus!
My dream table would be a 4 ('cause i like the flush pockets and the leveling system) but i'd want it to look like a blue 1.
I know I said in the beginning of this thread this was a comparison and blah blah blah, and now I’m going against that for a minute.

I’d say if anyone was buying a used Brunswick and had the money buy a GC4. But this is a comparison on a Centurion and GC3 so disregard that.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks Rexus!

I know I said in the beginning of this thread this was a comparison and blah blah blah, and now I’m going against that for a minute.

I’d say if anyone was buying a used Brunswick and had the money buy a GC4. But this is a comparison on a Centurion and GC3 so disregard that.
I waited to chime in on this one. I think these tables play quite well for the money. the frame sucks, blah blah blah, we all know that.

Set up properly, I think its a great route for the money and the Metro model plays very similarly. Gold Crowns are becoming harder and harder to find IMO> They are also going up in price, I been payin quite a bit more for tables, I am also super picky......

Good for you Konrad! I enjoyed watching this post transpire~

TFT

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I will first say this: There is a reason why Gold Crowns were the preferred choice for tournament play and commercial use over tables like the Centurion. That reason has everything to do with build materials and quality of build. See below.
View attachment 611939
Which table do you think would play better? The heavier table made from solid hardwood or the lighter table made from plywood and particle board? The construction of the two tables is not even comparable and to even hint at the notion a Centurion plays as good as a Gold Crown is laughable.

For reference:
Brunswick Gold Crown III: https://brunswick.pastperfectonline.com/library/38C18744-ED72-4F11-88E5-188420238567
Brunswick Centurion: https://brunswick.pastperfectonline.com/library/B93BDC51-F286-4B1D-B608-425051440782
This says it all. I bought my Gold Crown 1 in 1972, still have it.

Will Prout

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
This says it all. I bought my Gold Crown 1 in 1972, still have it.

Will Prout
No it doesn't, in fact all it does is show the differences in how the table was made. You are just making the same statement as anyone else who has a Gold Crown

This guy was just tryin to show people they could buy an affordable and easy table to buy... The Century and Centurion are both great for the money. I have worked and played on both. I have restored more GCs than I can count anymore, I know they are the best.

KONRAD: I really appreciate the post you made! I hope others who need a table and may be on a limited budget, will read this thread and buy one of the 2 models. For a practice table at home, this can be a very very affordable route and the tables play very very close to a GC. My $0.02 and I work on tables for a living! Celebrating 10 years in May! SO MUCH FUN!!!

TFT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Rexus!

GC3 is still better.