Adolini Family Billiards and the PA State Bar Box Event

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adolini's Family Billiards
236-254 W 9th St, Waynesboro, PA 17268

I attended this place for the first time yesterday and was very impressed.

They hosted the PA State Bar Box Championship and got over 100 players!

I did not fare well (0-2) but I played well (for me). I just ran into a couple of tsunamis who deserved the wins.

I must say this room is outstanding. They are really two rooms in one. One the bar side they call it Breakaway and you can get your food and drink there. You can smoke indoors (a turn-off for some) but since I have been playing pool since the 80s it did not bother me. The room is quite spacious with decent ventilation so you were not smothered in smoke. There are fruit machines, video games, TVs everywhere and a LOT of space to sit, spread out and relax. Oh, did I mention there are 6 more tables on this side of the room?

On the "pool" side (non-smoking) there are more Diamond bar boxes and a pro shop. In the back corner there are two Diamond nine-footers.

Paul Adolini, a pool player himself, knows what players want and need and boy did they deliver!

I really like this place and the wait staff are very friendly and never seemed to stop moving!

I HIGHLY recommend this venue for anything to do with pool.
Even if you don't want to play you can relax on the bar side and enjoy sporting events etc. along with great food and drink. (Try the "Trip Around the Kitchen" platter)!

Congratulations on running a successful event, with a special shout-out to Scott Emory and crew for keeping it moving and running a tight tournament.

Had a great time...looking forward to the next one!

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is your top 3 with some pretty darn good pay outs. I live close but haven't gotten the opertunity to go and honestly at this point in my life going to a tournament and sitting 4 plus hours before you get to play your first match doesn't interest me. Not putting the tournament down as that's the norm for a big tournament that gets over 100 players but it's jut not for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 616

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Kevin west. Super good guy and great player. He's a great role model and inspiration to myself being that he works full time(as a chicken farmer lol had to say it because it's literally his job and to me hilarious, but where he lives it's not outrageous being pretty close to Purdue chicken). For a guy that doesn't play pool for a living he's an excellent player and goes to show that u can achieve high levels after hard work dedication and persistence and still hold down a full time job simoultaneously.

Congrats Kevin and the other guys I'm not familiar with but I guess I should be considering the field they mowed down

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin is an awesome dude.
Kevin is a d*ck...I can't stand him!

Seriously though, K-Dub works on his game DAILY. He does not have many places to play in Laurel, DE and he has to drive for hours to play in any regional event.

This really hurt when they closed Breaktime Billiards in Salisbury and more recently, Great Slates in Cambridge.

He is a chicken farmer with his Mom and Dad and trust me when I tell you they work their a$$es off on a DAILY basis, rain or shine. Such is the life of the chicken farmer.

He makes the time to religiously practice and he works very hard at his game.

He does not have any one in the area to spar with which makes his dedication even more noteworthy.

Kevin and I have known each other for almost 15 years and I am proud to call him my friend.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met Paul Andolini in a tournament at Classic Billiards. He beat me in our match but we did a little talking and he is a heck of a nice guy. Paul's a gentleman.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seriously doubt he woul call you a friend.

You are the one who is unfriendable. And you dress funny. Plus, you shovel snow from the outside to the middle.

For real. who does that? Ill tell ya: Not a frined of kevins, thats who.

Kevin is a d*ck...I can't stand him!

Seriously though, K-Dub works on his game DAILY. He does not have many places to play in Laurel, DE and he has to drive for hours to play in any regional event.

This really hurt when they closed Breaktime Billiards in Salisbury and more recently, Great Slates in Cambridge.

He is a chicken farmer with his Mom and Dad and trust me when I tell you they work their a$$es off on a DAILY basis, rain or shine. Such is the life of the chicken farmer.

He makes the time to religiously practice and he works very hard at his game.

He does not have any one in the area to spar with which makes his dedication even more noteworthy.

Kevin and I have known each other for almost 15 years and I am proud to call him my friend.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Give Curtis a break! It doesn't snow in Trinidad! How would he know???

I seriously doubt he woul call you a friend.

You are the one who is unfriendable. And you dress funny. Plus, you shovel snow from the outside to the middle.

For real. who does that? Ill tell ya: Not a frined of kevins, thats who.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, Kevin West hasn't changed a lick. Looking good and still hitting 'em strong! Bravo!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
congrats to the guys who cashed and thx for the writeup IE. :cool:

Chicken farming, very intriguing...

best,
brian kc

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats to the guys who cashed and thx for the writeup IE. :cool:

Chicken farming, very intriguing...

best,
brian kc

And it is so funny to hang with him...he is well dressed and well spoken and gracious...not the kind of guy you would imagine plants chicken trees for a living.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ummmmm.....are you the owner?......and also on the menu?
:scratchhead:

IMG_3469.jpg