Affordable pocket blockers

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want a tough game for an unmodified pool table, try 235, or Taiwanese Carom.

Can you tell me more about this? I was in Taipei, and played the locals some sort of carom game on a regular GC4 (genuine) pool table. It was 10 years ago, and we had a large language barrier, but I vaguely recall it went something like this: There were 3 OB's on the table, and one CB. You scored a point by doing ALL of the following: 1 rail carom, then a 2 rail carom, and then a 3 rail carom. Does this sound right?

bigchase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are those something otlb offers for sale?

They aren't on his website, have not been shared on azb...so they look like one-offs to me.
I reached out to him he's been way to busy selling the OTLVISE to get to these. $35 - $40 a set and easily duplicated. Moving those 1 piece 9ft Diamonds is easy with the OTLVise
51b0cb420dec36294bc053cbcbede997.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you tell me more about this? I was in Taipei, and played the locals some sort of carom game on a regular GC4 (genuine) pool table. It was 10 years ago, and we had a large language barrier, but I vaguely recall it went something like this: There were 3 OB's on the table, and one CB. You scored a point by doing ALL of the following: 1 rail carom, then a 2 rail carom, and then a 3 rail carom. Does this sound right?

No.

3 and 11 (reds), 1 (yellow) and cue ball (white) on the table. Pockets are hazards, spot on the foot spot. No scratches or fouls Shot 1, Carom yellow and either red. Shot 2, Carom reds only, no contact with yellow before carom allowed. Shot 3, Carom all three balls. If you complete shots 1, 2,3 in order, you get 1 point.

I can score a point maybe every 8-12 minutes of playing continuously.

Here is an example. Run of six, which is insane.

https://youtu.be/m_xrEfigPZU

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
No.

3 and 11 (reds), 1 (yellow) and cue ball (white) on the table. Pockets are hazards, spot on the foot spot. No scratches or fouls Shot 1, Carom yellow and either red. Shot 2, Carom reds only, no contact with yellow before carom allowed. Shot 3, Carom all three balls. If you complete shots 1, 2,3 in order, you get 1 point.

Interesting...looks fun nonetheless! Is there somewhere the official rules might be? I'd like to try it out.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
No.

3 years ago, at Shooters in Cocoa, FL. on a 5'x10' GC1, I ran 13 playing 3 cushion using the CB, 1 ball and 3 ball. I've ran many 6's, 7, 8,! Since the closest 3C table from me is 155 miles, North or South!

If you're an accomplished 3C player, playing on a pool table with the pockets, gives some challenges not seen, (obviously) on a carom table. You have to create different ways of scoring than the norm on many shots. I will say this about my running of points, "Whenever I would pocket an, object ball, I would replace it in the center of the table, and continue to shoot. In fact, it got to where I would play position for that type of shot, in order to get the OB in the center, because playing position for the corners on a pool table has NO benefit!"

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No.

Yes, that was it! Now its coming back. Thanks for explaining it to me!

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 years ago, at Shooters in Cocoa, FL. on a 5'x10' GC1, I ran 13 playing 3 cushion using the CB, 1 ball and 3 ball. I've ran many 6's, 7, 8,! Since the closest 3C table from me is 155 miles, North or South!

If you're an accomplished 3C player, playing on a pool table with the pockets, gives some challenges not seen, (obviously) on a carom table. You have to create different ways of scoring than the norm on many shots. I will say this about my running of points, "Whenever I would pocket an, object ball, I would replace it in the center of the table, and continue to shoot. In fact, it got to where I would play position for that type of shot, in order to get the OB in the center, because playing position for the corners on a pool table has NO benefit!"

13 is great. I think I only have about 6 or 7, spotting on the foot I stead of the center.