after watching mosconi, I'm gona buy a cf shaft.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can switch back and forth from carbon fiber to wood without adjusting too much.

I like to play with a bit of deflection sometimes.

The last three times I have played, I carried two cues in my case.

A Becue and a Jackpot.

All three times, I played with the Jackpot.

It is a fun cue to play with.

It has very little deflection and it has a perfect feel and balance.

surlytempo

Maybe that it's the indian, not the arrow?
Pretty outdated platitude that doesn't even begin to sufficiently address any one of a number of material improvements that have been made to the game over the years. Wood shaft golfers were saying the same thing during the advent of carbon fiber in golf. More accurately I think, is that it's both the Indian and the Arrow.

surlytempo

Maybe because they are sponsored by Predator.......What's your point??
Filler is also sponsored by Predator and there are players who aren't sponsored by Predator that also play with it. No one is being forced to play with a CF shaft. Stop saying stupid shit.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they all had Jackpots, they wouldn't have had the gas money to reach the airport. I missed your shill posts, I hope you stay unbanned

LOL.

If they would have hit the Jackpots, they could have afforded haircuts and a new pair of shoes. :)

They would have looked good with all of them having identical cues. Some of those top snooker players would probably have been asking where they could get a Jackpot snooker cue.

I have a ton of cues, but I have used my first Jackpot the three times I have recently been able to play. There was a Doctor buddy of mine who came in right before I left and he was using a Rick Howard Sneaky Pete. He wanted to try my cue and he was becoming attached to it. He probably would have tried to trade cues with me, but I would have had to ask him to throw in some extra loot on the side. :). I didn’t want to downgrade.

If you are ever in Hawaii, let me know. I have two and you can use one while I use the other. Your choice. One is 58” and the other is 60” and I have seven shafts that are interchangeable between the two. Some are 29” and some are 30”. Some have different ferrule materials. You can mix and match. You will look like a rock star playing with one. Somebody might even mistake you for Cornbread Red and want to take a selfie with you.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don’t have to play with a carbon fiber shaft lol In facts Robinson was playing with a z shaft.

Don’t listen to the old I hate everything new people on here . Try one out. Maybe it suits your style of play and you’ll feel more confident and play better. It‘s so funny on here how everyone has to scream if you don’t have a stroke it doesn’t matter everytime someone brings up a cf shaft lol Like we don’t know that. They just dropped some profound information on us. 😂

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don’t have to play with a carbon fiber shaft lol In facts Robinson was playing with a z shaft.

Don’t listen to the old I hate everything new people on here . Try one out. Maybe it suits your style of play and you’ll feel more confident and play better. It‘s so funny on here how everyone has to scream if you don’t have a stroke it doesn’t matter everytime someone brings up a cf shaft lol Like we don’t know that. They just dropped some profound information on us. 😂
I am an oldtimer (67) and long, long time player who plays mostly with higher end custom cues- only with the maple wood shafts that came with the cues. I am certainly not opposed to anything new in sports technology and I don't think that most here are opposed to the new stuff.

However, I think many of us hear the REASONs why some folks say they want to buy the new technology that we find rather amusing. So in today's post someone watches seasoned pros play very well with new stuff and compares that to some other pros in one tournament with older stuff and vocalizes a desire now to go out and buy into new technology.

I think what brings out the "arrow vs. archer" quotes again is that it most of these " where do I get the best CF shaft" posters maybe should just say what you said- " I want to feel more confident and play better" and perhaps they should add " right now I don't feel confident and I can't find the reason why- so maybe I will try some new equipment - something like I just saw a great player use"

What most of us "arrow vs. Archer" folks think about how , perhaps dillusional this idea really is really should not matter- folks will always reach for a magic bullet- if it ends up making them FEEL better about their game- then no harm done, if they actually perform better with the stuff - great! Holding on to tradition should not be condemned and neither should those who want to reach for the latest and greatest- both have their place!

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Filler is also sponsored by Predator and there are players who aren't sponsored by Predator that also play with it. No one is being forced to play with a CF shaft. Stop saying stupid shit.
if Filler doesn't change to CF revo next year in 2021 I will quit the game, I know this fact for sure I had an insider, wink wink "his wife" gave a hint, anyway, you could notice even in the mosconi he didn't perform well, maybe cause he's practising with the new for 2021 who knows, but he can't just yet play competitively comfortably with the CF just yet.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I guess that makes it a good purchase if you want to support sponsors. I like outsville products, but I feel good supporting people who support the game we love.

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems that most players who performed well, they play with a black shaft, the lower accu-stats ranks were wood shafts, maybe it is a coincidence but I must try out these cf shaft finally.

So for those of you who already tried, I am a guy who never tried cf, which one should I buy, just tell me the brand and ill snag it off Seybert's.
If you search the forum you will find additional feedback from members that have tried several different brands of the earlier CF shafts. IIRC one poster tested a Revo, Cynergy and Becue.

It really comes down to feel and I like the Cynergy 15k that I bought a lot. I picked that one mainly on the basis of forum feedback and the fact that SVB helped develop it and is still using it. I am using mine as my main shooter and have not found anything wrong with it. It has a real solid hit and I had to dial back my power because I was getting too sauce on the shots. Currently using a Moori medium clear tip.

I tried my buddy's Revo and while I shot well with it I didn't like the "ting" type of vibration from the hit. Have not tried any others but if I was going to I would look for used ones online because I don't live remotely close to any brick & mortar that stocks and sells CF shafts. Some folks prefer the feel of wood so they sell their low mileage CF shafts at a discount..

Scothron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is jacoby black any good? anyone tried it?
I’ve shot with most of the more popular brands of cf shafts. If you want one that has the hit and feel of wood, I’d say just stick with wood. I don’t understand why people expect a cf shaft to hit or feel like anything other than just what it is. I personally have been using cf for almost two years and see no reason to ever go back to wood. For me, the Jacoby black, revo, and rogue are my favorites. Not to say they are the best, I believe that’s subjective. I wouldn’t argue with someone that said they prefer the second gen meucci or the becue over the others I named. I carry a Jacoby black and rogue in my case, and I love them both, but I feel the rogue fits me better. I think the Jacoby actually has a little less deflection than the rogue but if you decide to try out the Jacoby, I don’t think you will be disappointed. As an added bonus, the blacks can usually be found second hand for a very fair price.

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if Filler doesn't change to CF revo next year in 2021 I will quit the game, I know this fact for sure I had an insider, wink wink "his wife" gave a hint, anyway, you could notice even in the mosconi he didn't perform well, maybe cause he's practising with the new for 2021 who knows, but he can't just yet play competitively comfortably with the CF just yet.
Predator asked Filler to play with a CF shaft, so he did.
He played with a 12.4mm Revo.
He never really adjusted to it because of tip size, so went back to a Z3 shaft with an 11.8mm tip.
I have not spoke with him about this subject recently, so if you have spoken with Pia you might know better than me.
But as Predator now have a CF shaft with a 11.8mm tip, I think there's a good chance he'll give it a try.

Last edited:

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why so little said about the Mezz Ignite? We know Mezz makes a high quality cue. Why does it appear that their CF shaft is not mentioned as much as the others. Is it price?

FWIW, Mezz stated they will have something larger than a 12.2 in the future.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why so little said about the Mezz Ignite? We know Mezz makes a high quality cue. Why does it appear that their CF shaft is not mentioned as much as the others. Is it price?

Simply it may be because for 569$ you have a wide choice of two options either wavy or united...they are really good at motivating you to get it together with their butt...I like the way and that feel their joints screw together though and yes you also might be lucky and their united shaft fits your 5/16-14 pin butt.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you search the forum you will find additional feedback from members that have tried several different brands of the earlier CF shafts. IIRC one poster tested a Revo, Cynergy and Becue.

It really comes down to feel and I like the Cynergy 15k that I bought a lot. I picked that one mainly on the basis of forum feedback and the fact that SVB helped develop it and is still using it. I am using mine as my main shooter and have not found anything wrong with it. It has a real solid hit and I had to dial back my power because I was getting too sauce on the shots. Currently using a Moori medium clear tip.

I tried my buddy's Revo and while I shot well with it I didn't like the "ting" type of vibration from the hit. Have not tried any others but if I was going to I would look for used ones online because I don't live remotely close to any brick & mortar that stocks and sells CF shafts. Some folks prefer the feel of wood so they sell their low mileage CF shafts at a discount..
I second the “ting” on the REVO.

I have not hit with one in a very long time, but that is what turned me off to them when I first tried one. Maybe they don’t have that sound any more.

I picked the Becue because of two things:

- I was able to shoot with it without any drastic adjustments as soon as I picked it up and the sound and feel of the hit were very similar to my woods.

- I was offered one at a price that I couldn’t refuse.

smoochie

NotLikeThis

For me it is because of Mika Immonen, Im telling the truth honest to god.

Mika used to be a solid player, an A++ player when he used the wd700, then he suddenly got asked to play with ignite by mezz, he did and his game spirally went to the ground, like dead zero, he can't seem to win at anything, I know it might be for the fact that he's playing less, but I don't know, I just got this correlation inside of my head, so I hated the ignite for this reason alone.