Aiming systems secrets revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Nobody expect to "play" like Shane because of an aiming system.

I do. You mean I shouldn't expect to play like Shane if I copy whatever methods he uses????/

My hopes and dreams are dashed. I was just about to send a message to Earl and Alex telling them to bring a boatload of cash and extra backers......

TheThaiger

Banned
I totally disagree, pool is science, and does have secrets that not many people know, or many people know something about those secrets, but not able to associate them for shots, mainly because, 80-90% of players do not have tables at home to experiment with or the time to do so, and at pool halls they just want to hit it. I have been playing for almost 37 years, Please do not do the same mistake i did, do the following:

1. Learn the secrets first- do not spend one hour of practice before you lean, some instructors do not know all secrets, I think i am there now, thanks to last tournament i went to, which revealed my weakness in one type of a shot that made me loose, that got me determined to keep at it
2. Pick a cue shaft, and tip kind and stick with it, never change it, unless you loose it, buy a box of 20 or 50 tips for life (i mean it), i recommend 11 to 10 mm. No matter what cue it is, you need to learn it
3. Apply secrets, practice, practice, until you start making all kind of balls consistently, with no english to full english all possibilities which are tremendous in pool, and should you miss a a ball, do not miss by more than the edge of pocket, practice at AM day time, mid day, and at night, to take it one step further record finding, situations, what you eat, drink, until you master it. The reason for practice is not just to make the balls, it is also for your brain to instantly go through the check list for any type of shot to execute correctly, you will need to pause and think of what the cue ball needs to do for every shot-this is critical
4. Play 9 or 10 ball, until you are top player
5. Play one pocket when you master 9 pr 10 ball, i wish i did.
6. Go to tournaments, so you get the pressure practice, and measure your skill, record type of shots missed, know why missed, and then practice again
7. If you are like me, do not want to learn from someone, or not welling to listen to advise, then get ready for very very long time

8. Having a table at home, will certainly help, if you cannot do it regularly at pool halls, or your friends wont let you practice

9. Pro players know the game, when a match is called, or arranged match, you will be surprised they are there before you at the table to prevent you from practicing. Insist on having 2 to 5 min practice at least

Good luck.

Always with the secrets. Hundreds of secrets and nobody tells me none! The secret services should just recruit pool players from now on.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Aim where you want to hit it, do it and it goes where you hit it. If it doesn't, change your mechanics til the ball goes where you want it to. Please stop with all these stupid aiming threads. If you want to play better, play better players and ask them questions. Quit expecting some secret shortcut to playing like svb or archer. You want to know why they play like that?? Hard work and willingness to learn the game the Old school way, by playing everyone and not expecting a secret to make them better... They made themselves better.

FWIW I am gonna name drop here a little bit. I have asked Rafael Martinez, Rodney Morris, Jimmy Reid, Jose Parica, Danny Medina, Buddy Hall and several other top players questions and all of them have told me things not generally known that have helped my game. Maybe those things are not technically "secrets" but the fact is that I didn't know them until they showed me.

Of course there isn't any ONE thing that will make you play like a pro. But there are a great many methods and techniques that the amateur player is UNLIKELY to discover on their own. It's not JUST about hard work. I can put in 10 hours a day on the table and if I don't know a few key things then I am not going to learn them unless I luck into the discovery.

All human skill is based on learning from other people. ALL of it. Now given unlimited time and opportunity like Mingnaud you can certainly develop a lot of skill. Minguad developed his masse' skill to the point that people thought the cue ball was possessed. Still though I'd put Florian Kohler, Semih Sayginer or Jamison Neu to name a few up against Mingnaud and they would blow him away. Why? Because since Minguad invented the leather tip and with it the masse' shot people have invented way better equipment, cloth, balls, chalk AND more importantly YouTube so they can challenge each other with video from all parts of the world.

So it's not just about hard work and "old school" methods. The "old school" way is no different than the new school way. In every pool room around the world people talk about how to play and everybody has a different view on what the best way to play is.

Superstar asked me the other day if I would tell someone to put the cue on their knuckles instead of forming a proper bridge. No I wouldn't. But I certainly have played around with that method until I was decent with it. And I have been beaten by a player who only played that way.

The other day I saw a guy running racks with his grip hand turned backwards. Like he was skipping rocks. Running out like any good player would. He is not handicapped, his wrist bends the same as mine. But for whatever reason he just learned to hold the cue in a weird way and stuck with it.

So there is no truly "right" way to play except that the "wrong" way sees you on the losing end most of the time. The right way is the ability to see and play the right shots, over and over and over until you are holding the cash or the trophy or both. And to get there you definitely need to be taught some pool secrets along the way and be able to master them.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always with the secrets. Hundreds of secrets and nobody tells me none! The secret services should just recruit pool players from now on.

First let me tell you, i laughed my butt off, nice one. I am seriously finally discovered all secrets of pool. It took me at least two years to do it. It is a lot of work and time, notes, recording finding, searching, listing, watching, and most try and error. The possibilities of how many types of shots are endless, and the possibilities of how to shoot them is also many, so multiply the two and you guessed it a lot. What system allow us to make all these shots, why pro player are good, the answer is a lot of practice, but they do not tell you they know something you do not know.
Truthfully i am not at pro level, you can say A+ last week, but probably A+++ now.
Not sure how to publish my findings, and earn a reward for doing so. Stay tuned.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
FWIW I am gonna name drop here a little bit. I have asked Rafael Martinez, Rodney Morris, Jimmy Reid, Jose Parica, Danny Medina, Buddy Hall and several other top players questions and all of them have told me things not generally known that have helped my game. Maybe those things are not technically "secrets" but the fact is that I didn't know them until they showed me.

Of course there isn't any ONE thing that will make you play like a pro. But there are a great many methods and techniques that the amateur player is UNLIKELY to discover on their own. It's not JUST about hard work. I can put in 10 hours a day on the table and if I don't know a few key things then I am not going to learn them unless I luck into the discovery.

All human skill is based on learning from other people. ALL of it. Now given unlimited time and opportunity like Mingnaud you can certainly develop a lot of skill. Minguad developed his masse' skill to the point that people thought the cue ball was possessed. Still though I'd put Florian Kohler, Semih Sayginer or Jamison Neu to name a few up against Mingnaud and they would blow him away. Why? Because since Minguad invented the leather tip and with it the masse' shot people have invented way better equipment, cloth, balls, chalk AND more importantly YouTube so they can challenge each other with video from all parts of the world.

So it's not just about hard work and "old school" methods. The "old school" way is no different than the new school way. In every pool room around the world people talk about how to play and everybody has a different view on what the best way to play is.

Superstar asked me the other day if I would tell someone to put the cue on their knuckles instead of forming a proper bridge. No I wouldn't. But I certainly have played around with that method until I was decent with it. And I have been beaten by a player who only played that way.

The other day I saw a guy running racks with his grip hand turned backwards. Like he was skipping rocks. Running out like any good player would. He is not handicapped, his wrist bends the same as mine. But for whatever reason he just learned to hold the cue in a weird way and stuck with it.

So there is no truly "right" way to play except that the "wrong" way sees you on the losing end most of the time. The right way is the ability to see and play the right shots, over and over and over until you are holding the cash or the trophy or both. And to get there you definitely need to be taught some pool secrets along the way and be able to master them.

Holy shit :speechless: I just like to fire you guys up from time to time. Man ya'll need to lay off the coffee lol.

TheThaiger

Banned
First let me tell you, i laughed my butt off, nice one. I am seriously finally discovered all secrets of pool. It took me at least two years to do it. It is a lot of work and time, notes, recording finding, searching, listing, watching, and most try and error. The possibilities of how many types of shots are endless, and the possibilities of how to shoot them is also many, so multiply the two and you guessed it a lot. What system allow us to make all these shots, why pro player are good, the answer is a lot of practice, but they do not tell you they know something you do not know.
Truthfully i am not at pro level, you can say A+ last week, but probably A+++ now.
Not sure how to publish my findings, and earn a reward for doing so. Stay tuned.

You should find a novice and teach your secrets to him, and video his improvement.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I totally disagree, pool is science, and does have secrets that not many people know, or many people know something about those secrets, but not able to associate them for shots, mainly because, 80-90% of players do not have tables at home to experiment with or the time to do so, and at pool halls they just want to hit it. I have been playing for almost 37 years, Please do not do the same mistake i did, do the following:

1. Learn the secrets first- do not spend one hour of practice before you lean, some instructors do not know all secrets, I think i am there now, thanks to last tournament i went to, which revealed my weakness in one type of a shot that made me loose, that got me determined to keep at it
2. Pick a cue shaft, and tip kind and stick with it, never change it, unless you loose it, buy a box of 20 or 50 tips for life (i mean it), i recommend 11 to 10 mm. No matter what cue it is, you need to learn it
3. Apply secrets, practice, practice, until you start making all kind of balls consistently, with no english to full english all possibilities which are tremendous in pool, and should you miss a a ball, do not miss by more than the edge of pocket, practice at AM day time, mid day, and at night, to take it one step further record finding, situations, what you eat, drink, until you master it. The reason for practice is not just to make the balls, it is also for your brain to instantly go through the check list for any type of shot to execute correctly, you will need to pause and think of what the cue ball needs to do for every shot-this is critical
4. Play 9 or 10 ball, until you are top player
5. Play one pocket when you master 9 pr 10 ball, i wish i did.
6. Go to tournaments, so you get the pressure practice, and measure your skill, record type of shots missed, know why missed, and then practice again
7. If you are like me, do not want to learn from someone, or not welling to listen to advise, then get ready for very very long time

8. Having a table at home, will certainly help, if you cannot do it regularly at pool halls, or your friends wont let you practice

9. Pro players know the game, when a match is called, or arranged match, you will be surprised they are there before you at the table to prevent you from practicing. Insist on having 2 to 5 min practice at least

Good luck.

I agree with a lot of your points. The only thing I would change is the word "knowledge" for "secrets". People are put off with the idea of magic being real.

Truly there is a vast amount of knowledge available if you look for it. The real gems are mostly learned through detective work on your part or from personal instruction and tips from top players.

Best,
Mike

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with a lot of your points. The only thing I would change is the word "knowledge" for "secrets". People are put off with the idea of magic being real.

Truly there is a vast amount of knowledge available if you look for it. The real gems are mostly learned through detective work on your part or from personal instruction and tips from top players.

Best,
Mike

Thanks much Mike, i have been looking for 37 years and did not find the specific knowledge out there that will bring my game up to high level. Finally, i tied the knot to all info out there to unlocked the mystery to pool, and find that sweet magic that Pro players know, sure they do not want to share it, there is lots of $$$ at stake. So when some one discovers something or thinks he discovers something new and does not share it, is that considered a secret or knowledge.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it doesn't, change your mechanics til the ball goes where you want it to. It's not your Mechanics, it's your Alignment.

randyg

You can be lined up perfectly, but if the parts (or mechanics) don't actually move properly, you're going to miss.

Lou Figueroa

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
You can be lined up perfectly, but if the parts (or mechanics) don't actually move properly, you're going to miss.

Lou Figueroa

very very very true. We can talk about aiming all we want but still gotta shoot the cueball straight!

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I knew i m doing something wrong...........

Buying secret of learning faster^^

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone ever finish one of JBs posts?

This embellished posting from JB who's an APA3 is hilarious. "I am gonna name drop here a little bit. I have asked Rafael Martinez, Rodney Morris, Jimmy Reid, Jose Parica, Danny Medina, Buddy Hall and several other top players questions and all of them have told me things not generally known that have helped my game."

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.