Allen Hopkins vs Jay Helfert

jay helfert said:
DCC - More good players and gobs of them at all games. More BIG action, EVERYWHERE. And it ain't all 9-Ball either. You can meet and hang out with the champions, they are very accessible. Plus the tournaments are high quality with good matches everywhere. Lots of good stuff to watch and sweat. On the last day of the 9-Ball, the final 20 players was like a who's who of the greatest players alive. And there was good seating to watch matches because it is so spread out. The TV arena was the NUTS! Good matches all day, every day. Only a few vendors but good ones to visit.

SBE - Lots of vendors selling all kinds of cool billiard stuff, including a cue paradise. One pro tourney with a handful of top players. Average prize money, nothing big (at DCC always a few players win over 10K in tourney money and a couple win over 20K). The action room has lots of games among lots of shortstops. A few top players will get involved, like a Bartram or a Chohan. No one talks about it, but SBE isn't a cheap date either, maybe more expensive than going to Louisville.

DCC is more about the pros and SBE is more about the amateurs and the vendors.


Well put Jay!....So, I guess I gotta donate this year, or try to get some fun action going?! :)

The EXPO is all of 30 minutes from home so I'm trying to get things going so to speak!

All you action guys....Scooter ruled the DCC... I will try to have some FUN at the EXPO......hope to see you all soon....

G.
 
I've been playing a little more pool again these days, so I'm looking to play someone. I want a rematch with One Pocket Ghost. He caught me once dead out of stroke and won a couple of games for $40.



As the old saying goes...."be careful what you wish for"...:)...It just so happens that I'm coming out there to L.A. this month - so your request for a rematch is hereby, in public, accepted....now don't make me post on here later this month that you ducked me while I was out there...:eek:...:)

- Ghost
 
As the old saying goes...."be careful what you wish for"...:)...It just so happens that I'm coming out there to L.A. this month - so your request for a rematch is hereby, in public, accepted....now don't make me post on here later this month that you ducked me while I was out there...:eek:...:)

- Ghost

Why does everybody always think I'm going to duck them? ;)
Must be that Gingerbread Man rumor that got started last year. Damn that Joey. :wink:

Anyway, as for you Mr. Ghost, I now have a nice tight Diamond table that you should love playing One Pocket on. And I have endeavored to get back in stroke for the first time in a year. You can now officially get that $40 One Pocket game you asked me for two years ago. I know I'm the dog, but I promise not to ask for the ball I need (8-7).:grin:

I will take my chances playing you even! If I lose, I will post it right on here. It won't be the first time I booked a loser.:wink:
 
Why does everybody always think I'm going to duck them? ;)
Must be that Gingerbread Man rumor that got started last year. Damn that Joey. :wink:

Anyway, as for you Mr. Ghost, I now have a nice tight Diamond table that you should love playing One Pocket on. And I have endeavored to get back in stroke for the first time in a year. You can now officially get that $40 One Pocket game you asked me for two years ago. I know I'm the dog, but I promise not to ask for the ball I need (8-7).:grin:

I will take my chances playing you even! If I lose, I will post it right on here. It won't be the first time I booked a loser.:wink:



Knowing from experience what a nice guy and affable host you are, my biggest worry is that my softie/pushover tendencies will overcome me, and I can't resist giving you back half of what I win....:rolleyes:.....:D
 
Last edited:
Knowing from experience what a nice guy and affable host you are, my biggest worry is that my softie/pushover tendencies will overcome me, and I can't resist giving you back half of what I win....:rolleyes:.....:D

I accept your kind offer sir. :wink:

Being the affable host that I am and the sometimes degenerate pool player that I try to hide, I will be unable to make you the same offer. :eek:
 
Are you sadistic? Allen has always played at a higher level than Jay--even when he was a fetus. Jay would get his arse handed to him even up. I'm not sure what a fair game would be but I'm thinking Jay would need something like 10-7/11-7. BTW, I like and respect Jay. JMO, ICBW.

Martin


Now there is a match I would like to see.
I thinking one pocket would be interesting.
:smile:
hugs
mrs.g
 
Are you sadistic? Allen has always played at a higher level than Jay--even when he was a fetus. Jay would get his arse handed to him even up. I'm not sure what a fair game would be but I'm thinking Jay would need something like 10-7/11-7. BTW, I like and respect Jay. JMO, ICBW.

Martin

You are correct sir. He did give me 8-5. Same as Danny D. Ronnie used to practice with me at 8-4. I could hold my own with all three at these games.

Biggest spot I ever lost with was 8-4 and the breaks from T Rex. You were there, I choked. I would like to play him again the same way. I've had time to think about what I did wrong.
 
Hi Ghosty !

I'll play. :cool:
I've been playing a little more pool again these days, so I'm looking to play someone. Any candidates in L.A.? I want a rematch with One Pocket Ghost. He caught me once dead out of stroke and won a couple of games for $40.

Don't put yourself down Jay, you may be the Ghost's biggest score of his career. He rarely plays THAT high, and most people see how locked up they are, after only ONE game ! ;)

Dick
 
A little birdie told me 8-5 is pretty accurate and about how they played in the past.

The same little birdie told me Jay plays really good 1P when he's poppin' them well.

Dave
 
TAR-able

So are we saying this match is TARable?
I would love to see them match up at
Valley Forge.
hugs
mrs.g
 
So are we saying this match is TARable?
I would love to see them match up at
Valley Forge.
hugs
mrs.g

Thanks G girl, but I won't be at Valley Forge this year. Allen and I last tangled about 25 years ago. I WILL play that game again, not sure about him though.

The Ghost is #1 on my dance card! ;)
 
Back
Top