Amazing Dennis Dieckman Cue

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
I've heard all of Dennis cues have a story behind them. Hoping someone knows the story behind this incredible cue. The design is amazing from the stars in the cloverleafs to the reverse sharp points into butterflies. Please chime in with your stories.

Attachments

• IMG_4069.JPG
    IMG_4069.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_4070.JPG
    IMG_4070.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_4073.JPG
    IMG_4073.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_4080.JPG
    IMG_4080.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_4081.JPG
    IMG_4081.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_4083.JPG
    IMG_4083.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_4085.JPG
    IMG_4085.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 747

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Nice cue. I don’t know the story behind the cue but if you had ever spoken to Dennis, he was full of stories about everything! He was quite the interesting person.

I remember a long conversation with him at the SBE about Napoleon’s travels. There may have been some brown liquor involved!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Every dieckman cue is amazing, count yourself lucky for having something from someone so interesting

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Only guessing on the date, but a good guess would be pre '90s build or very early 90's.
All of his inlays (male & female) were done by hand on a Gorton pantograph.
99.99% sure the dark brown is Wenge. Dennis believed this wood was a highly desirable cue wood for playability/stability and looks. However, it is a pita to seal and finish. Many new bad words were invented during this process.
His cats could be seen in the shop corner like this 🙀 many times!
LOL! 😹

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Only guessing on the date, but a good guess would be pre '90s build or very early 90's.
All of his inlays (male & female) were done by hand on a Gorton pantograph.
99.99% sure the dark brown is Wenge. Dennis believed this wood was a highly desirable cue wood for playability/stability and looks. However, it is a pita to seal and finish. Many new bad words were invented during this process.
His cats could be seen in the shop corner like this 🙀 many times!
LOL! 😹
Think you nailed it. Appears to be Wenge. Really appreciate your input and knowledge on his cues. I was told the original owner was from New York. Cue came with two shafts. One a 12 mm at 3,3 oz. and a 13 mm at 4,4 oz. Totally different, but both are dead straight and play well.
Thanks Much, Rodger

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Decided to sell this one. Any ideas on value. Make me an offer. I'm told it's priceless.😋 Comes with two shafts.

slim123

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I've heard all of Dennis cues have a story behind them. Hoping someone knows the story behind this incredible cue. The design is amazing from the stars in the cloverleafs to the reverse sharp points into butterflies. Please chime in with your stories.
Price