American 14.1 Championship Stream?

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I think the American (formerly Maryland) 14.1 Championship is this weekend as I've seen a few players saying they were going to play in it. I know it has been streamed before, but I haven't seen anything about it this year. Anyone know if it is or not?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I think the American (formerly Maryland) 14.1 Championship is this weekend as I've seen a few players saying they were going to play in it. I know it has been streamed before, but I haven't seen anything about it this year. Anyone know if it is or not?

YES IT IS BEING STREAMED HERE:

http://diamondbilliardsva.com/live-stream/

Diamond Billiards is using there own streaming equiptment, not sure who is going to be commentating. from what i hear some of the players are going to get behind the Mic.

-Steve

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know this is how 14.1 format is usually done, but i wish you made the final 8 or 16 race to 2 or 3 100 points, to give a chance for the sitting player to fight back.. I hate to see a pro sit while his opponent run 150 and out!! and not have a chance to defend!

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I know this is how 14.1 format is usually done, but i wish you made the final 8 or 16 race to 2 or 3 100 points, to give a chance for the sitting player to fight back.. I hate to see a pro sit while his opponent run 150 and out!! and not have a chance to defend!

I love it when I can see excellence rather than mediocrity. Straight pool is great the way it is. Maybe extend the race in the finals to 300 or 500. They each should have some opportunities in a long match to that many points. If someone runs 300 or 500 and out good for them.