poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• poster84762152.jpg
    poster84762152.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
I am not sure but I would think that CJ being here has at least increased traffic with his insights as a former World Champion, etc.

That would be an interesting comparison. As a long time lurker, I'd say this place has never been more boring than over the last few months - the Main Forum, at least.

His arrival may have stimulated interest initially, but has that interest been sustained?

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ is positive role model

you guys that are jealous of CJ and his knowledge of pocket billiards are really ridiculous, please allow all the people who really appreciate his sharing his views free of charge on this site to continue to do so. Please quit being such "haters", there can be no other reasons for your vicious posts !

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
The Game is The Teacher.:pThe Game is The Teacher.:pThe Game is The Teacher.:pThe Game is The Teacher.:pThe Game is The Teacher.:pThe Game is The Teacher.:pThe Game is The Teacher.:p

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This, and related threads critical to CJ are a simple waste of bandwidth.

We should all cut the bullcrap, and thank our lucky stars that he is gracious enough to put up with all this inane drivel and occasional flaming.

When you can shoot better than he, then I'll give you a pass, but 'til then, keep your comments to PM's to Mr. Wiley, and when you simply cannot resist the temptation to start yet another thread, for Pete's sake make it something constructive.

I really enjoy this Forum, and hope it won't be ruined by a few total idiots.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I need to start selling a product called 'The Game is the Teacher'

im sorry I take it back every word[/QUOTE]

Don't "take back every world," you just gave me a great idea....I need to start selling a product called 'The Game is the Teacher,' however, I don't have one.....hmmm ;)

It is funny that 'The Game is the Teacher' is being referred to as a product I'm selling when in fact there is no product. This is perplexing, I'm being politely ask to "please not" market or advertise 'The Game is the Teacher' and I haven't even introduced the product yet. This is certainly unusual isn't it?

I guess it should be 'The TOI is the Teacher' :thumbup: however, then I would be marketing/advertising a product, and that would really make some "uptight". :groucho:

ps: any pool related questions? email me at thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
you guys that are jealous of CJ and his knowledge of pocket billiards are really ridiculous, please allow all the people who really appreciate his sharing his views free of charge on this site to continue to do so. Please quit being such "haters", there can be no other reasons for your vicious posts !

Excuse me Mr. Huber. Doubt very highly if even CJ interpreted my post on this thread as "hating". Have the utmost respect for CJ and his pool accomplishments and have said so on several posts.

I do however have a problem with posters who offer products for sale on AZ Billiards Forums without financially supporting Jerry and Mike. I made a meager $35 investment to be a Club Member. Never sold a product here. Probably never will. I'm on here most every day. Sometimes without comment. Think that's how I managed to have only 2675 posts in over ten years. Don't think I've ever "hated" anyone. Even the few posters who have "hated" me.

Regarding CJ, it was pointed out to me by Eric (Fatboy) he buys a banner ad from AZ. Enough said. That is all I ask of anyone offering products for sale here. If you think I'm taking your post personally, you are correct. This is a great website. Want to see it "on the air" for a long, long time. Guess i'm selfish!

Lyn

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no one mentioned you

Never mentioned anyone in particular, obviously you must have thought my thread was aimed at you, aimed at whoever is hating on this man who has offered everyone on this site loads of free information, so if the shoe fits, wear it !:frown:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Eh, you're just being honest scotty... sometimes that's needed.

The forum is a great place for some conversational back-and-forth with people,
I like when it feels like a bunch of guys in the pool room having a discussion.

It kind of wrecks that vibe when one of them tacks on this ad-like, almost corporate tagline
at the end of every comment. It can feel kind of insincere.
Almost like you're dealing with some marketing force who is talking "at" you and not talking "with" you.

dale: "who do you like in shane vs. efren, bob?"
bob: "The break will kill efren in ten ball. Cotton, the fabric of our lives."
dale: "yeah but what about 8-ball? Efren's out from anywhere if he makes just one ball."
bob: "In this match the decider will be the one pocket. Cotton, the fabric of our lives."

As far as "how can I be accused of advertising if I'm not selling anything called the game is the teacher?"
...well, I think you understand what he's getting at CJ.
No, the product is not called "the game is the teacher", any more than dodge sells a car called "grab life by the horns".

But you DO sell multiple products using an age-old old marketing tactic (repeat your slogan until it's burned into their brain). You already have a banner ad and a fairly loud red'n'blue sig, why not dial it back occasionally?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
what 'The Game is the Teacher' really is

Eh, you're just being honest scotty... sometimes that's needed.

The forum is a great place for some conversational back-and-forth with people,
I like when it feels like a bunch of guys in the pool room having a discussion.

It kind of wrecks that vibe when one of them tacks on this ad-like, almost corporate tagline
at the end of every comment. It can feel kind of insincere.
Almost like you're dealing with some marketing force who is talking "at" you and not talking "with" you.

dale: "who do you like in shane vs. efren, bob?"
bob: "The break will kill efren in ten ball. Cotton, the fabric of our lives."
dale: "yeah but what about 8-ball? Efren's out from anywhere if he makes just one ball."
bob: "In this match the decider will be the one pocket. Cotton, the fabric of our lives."

As far as "how can I be accused of advertising if I'm not selling anything called the game is the teacher?"
...well, I think you understand what he's getting at CJ.
No, the product is not called "the game is the teacher", any more than dodge sells a car called "grab life by the horns".

But you DO sell multiple products using an age-old old marketing tactic (repeat your slogan until it's burned into their brain). You already have a banner ad and a fairly loud red'n'blue sig, why not dial it back occasionally?

Yes, I should someday explain what 'The Game is the Teacher' really is, and not keep it a secret. It's clearly not a product, so what is it? Is it a "frame of mind," a "state of mind," a philosophy? ....maybe it's something else that hasn't been mentioned....it was interesting how long we included 'The Game is the Teacher before anyone noticed......or did they? ;)

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I should someday explain what 'The Game is the Teacher' really is, and not keep it a secret. It's clearly not a product, so what is it? Is it a "frame of mind," a "state of mind," a philosophy? ....maybe it's something else that hasn't been mentioned....it was interesting how long we included 'The Game is the Teacher before anyone noticed......or did they? ;)

no sir again all due respect I noticed right away I just didn't think you would be able to tolerate this place that long.that being said I took it back but respectfully say that it takes away from the genuiness of your other posts re:the answer to something else.i have been to a thousand marketing things for my company and I think your slogan works great for you,but when I ask you what time it is in texas it would be nice to hear the time not the time and slogan,again sorry this thread stirred anything.i hope you make out a little better because of it I can handle the flamers its entertaining