Andy Segal wins 07 World Artistic Pool Championship in St. Petersburg, RUSSIA!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric...6th in the WORLD is pretty darn good, if you ask me! :D I saw that Andy has signed with Liquidwick Cues (they look like junk to me). Channel surfing, I ran across and watched a 30 minute infomercial last Saturday morning on the FUSE channel on these cues. Supposedly Jeanette Lee is going to switch from Escalade to Liquidwick...but that may just be a rumour.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Andy Segal played at the Amsterdam Billiard Club West up until the late 1990's, and is both well known and well liked by all who know him. Nice going, Andy.

And, Eric, proud of you, too.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
Eric...6th in the WORLD is pretty darn good, if you ask me! :D I saw that Andy has signed with Liquidwick Cues (they look like junk to me). Channel surfing, I ran across and watched a 30 minute infomercial last Saturday morning on the FUSE channel on these cues. Supposedly Jeanette Lee is going to switch from Escalade to Liquidwick...but that may just be a rumour.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
I am pretty sure Jeanette is now a done deal with them.

Hey Scott - Thanks for the lesson it was a pleasure meeting you and learning from you.

Brady

ericyow

WPA Masse World Champion
Silver Member
I'm proud of my finish, but to be honest, I didn't get to practice much for this one. For last year's, I practiced at least 3-4x per week (and took 3rd). This year, I'm now an attorney and a preacher, so my schedule is that much more jammed. Plus, no table at home right now. So going into it I wasn't on top of my game.

To make matters worse, when I got to Russia, I had lost a contact on the plane (one of the three planes, that is) and my bags didn't arrive with me! While all the other players were on the practice tables, I 'hung out' and waited 3 days for my bags. They got there the night before the tourney began (whew!). Talk about going into an event cold! Nevertheless, I know the Lord was with me all the way. I kept my cool and fought hard. Without a doubt, it was the best tournament EVER!

-yowzilla!

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
sjm said:
Andy Segal played at the Amsterdam Billiard Club West up until the late 1990's, and is both well known and well liked by all who know him. Nice going, Andy.

And, Eric, proud of you, too.

Is he a strong player, apart from his obviously excellent artistic shots? I know most of the good artistic pool players can play a pretty sporty game of 9-ball or 14.1 as well, so I was just curious.

Eric, nicely done, man. I think it's really cool that I get to swap posts and basically converse with one of the best in the world. Keep up the good work, and the highly enviable time-management skills you must have as well!

-Andrew

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're welcome Brady! Now take that stuff we worked on and make it your own! Hope to see you again, when I'm back in Phoenix next month!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

BVal said:
I am pretty sure Jeanette is now a done deal with them.

Hey Scott - Thanks for the lesson it was a pleasure meeting you and learning from you.

Brady

hobokenapa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Andrew Manning said:
Is he a strong player, apart from his obviously excellent artistic shots? I know most of the good artistic pool players can play a pretty sporty game of 9-ball or 14.1 as well, so I was just curious.

Andy is the League Operator for my APA region, and as a Div Rep I talk to him a fair bit. He told me that his game is not close to where it was because for the last eight years, all of his time is spent practicing artistic pool and not pocketing balls. He played in the Hoboken Iron Man and lost more games that he won against B/C+ players. I'm sure with a couple of weeks practice, he'd be right back at A/Open speed though.

At any APA tournament, or just on a regular weekly night, he happily gives his time to do some trick shots, and spends time teaching some of the players. Tomorrow is the APA Captain's Tournament for his region, and I'm sure it will be no different. Definitely one of the good guys.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Very nice, Eric... but I gotta ask... how much did you have to pay for all of those chipmunk extras that someone had to bring in during the middle of the video? :D