Any AZers in The Villages, FL ?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
My wife and I have decided to become snowbirds and The Villages FL is on our short list. We hope to make an exploratory trip in October.

It appears The Villages has a pretty active billiards community, so I thought I check and see it has any AZ members.

Any advice you can offer about the entire central Florida area is appreciated.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife and I have decided to become snowbirds and The Villages FL is on our short list. We hope to make an exploratory trip in October.

It appears The Villages has a pretty active billiards community, so I thought I check and see it has any AZ members.

Any advice you can offer about the entire central Florida area is appreciated.

I would stay out of that place unless you like living under a Nazi regime. Then I would never live in any of those kinds of places anyway with everybody in your business and telling you what to do and how to think and live. That place may be one of the worst though. Do your homework before making the move so you are not unhappy.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The Villiages in Florida

I would stay out of that place unless you like living under a Nazi regime. Then I would never live in any of those kinds of places anyway with everybody in your business and telling you what to do and how to think and live. That place may be one of the worst though. Do your homework before making the move so you are not unhappy.

I don't know a lot about the place but I did move a friend of mine there probably 15 yrs ago. Later on he moved to a place in SC but we didn't communicate about it. The villiages look nice, but as macguy suggests the nice part might not be so nice if you aren't ready for the regs of the place.

When I was there for every so many houses they would put in a bowling alley, night clubs and billiard rooms which is impressive.

A funny about the place......I have a really funny story if youre interested.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pool buddy of mine bought a place there a few years back and loves it. He and his wife are still part time there but he plays in a number of pool leagues both there and at home.

He is a successful businessman that can pretty much live where ever he wants to and he picked the Villages.

Also, he is a masters level player

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Peter Fleming lives there and loves it.... He's the brother of Pat Fleming and is credited by Pat with coming up with the name of Accu-Stats... I know he lurks here and see him posting on Facebook.....

pooljockey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent 3 months there 2 winters ago and loved the area and pool scene planing on part timing myself there starting this winter great poll scene in that central florida area and great weather in the winter mm on the I say go for it I am any questions pm me I no the area pretty well as I was out running ever day for 3 months I was there

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

I've owned places out in the country where I could do whatever I damn-well pleased...and I've owned condominiums where you've got a bunch of rules and regulations. Either one works for me; you just need to know what you're getting into up front.

At this stage in my life I'd rather be playing pool than maintaining a homestead...even if it means I can't paint my house any color I want. Fair trade. But thanks for the warning...condo life isn't for everyone.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned places out in the country where I could do whatever I damn-well pleased...and I've owned condominiums where you've got a bunch of rules and regulations. Either one works for me; you just need to know what you're getting into up front.

At this stage in my life I'd rather be playing pool than maintaining a homestead...even if it means I can't paint my house any color I want. Fair trade. But thanks for the warning...condo life isn't for everyone.

If you are going to be going back and forth it can be nice to just lock the door and leave knowing your place is being watched. I have a friend who is a pilot and he lives in a condo. When he had a house I was always having to go over there and make sure everything was OK when he was away..

The Villages though are a little different then your run of the mill condo or townhouse with a HOA. You better fit in or expect some to make your life miserable. I hope you are not a minority of any kind.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a lot going on there, I looked into it and liked it, 1000 things to do every week there. All ways something going on. I think the pool starts at 7am and keeps going all day. I would move there but my daughter and granddaughter are living in Orlando, so I am here until they don't want me around any more,,,I would go and try it if you feel like it, Tom

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The Villiages in Florida

I told you guys that I moved my friend there a long time ago. Well fast forward years later and I am up heading to work at like 430 in the morning and the radio is on.

The announcer says they have some new about a place called The Villiages in Florida.

It turns out the CDC that is center for disease control was called into the Villages to do sex education and administer treatment.

It turns out the old folks have been wife swapping and everything else and there was an outbreak of all kinds of venereal disease to epidemic proportions....lol

I guess the old folks just want to have fun...lol

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I told you guys that I moved my friend there a long time ago. Well fast forward years later and I am up heading to work at like 430 in the morning and the radio is on.

The announcer says they have some new about a place called The Villiages in Florida.

It turns out the CDC that is center for disease control was called into the Villages to do sex education and administer treatment.

It turns out the old folks have been wife swapping and everything else and there was an outbreak of all kinds of venereal disease to epidemic proportions....lol

I guess the old folks just want to have fun...lol

I live in Ponte Vedra Beach, just outside Jamcksonville . We are not far from the Villages, maybe an hour and 20 minutes or so. We got a good laugh out of the news that the Villages has the highest VD rate in Florida. It was in the news a couple years ago.

I have friends that live there, I was recently called by one from high school. It is a big party place with lots to do,. Just about anything you want and then some. He tells me they go all over in golf carts.

I am no longer a party guy and do not like crowds. It is an extremely social place , not for me.

Unfortunately Jacksonville does not have a good pool hall in my opinion. Otherwise it is a great area. I prefer quality over quantity in everything, especially relationships. The Villages sounds like a place where you might have a lot of people in your business.
I do recommend Florida. In general, a great place to live

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately Jacksonville does not have a good pool hall in my opinion. Otherwise it is a great area. I prefer quality over quantity in everything, especially relationships. The Villages sounds like a place where you might have a lot of people in your business.
I do recommend Florida. In general, a great place to live

I was just in JAX....

I went to Park Avenue Billiards.

I thought it was a nice place. A bit loud and hip hoppy music, but I would definitely go back.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't know that Tea Party people were cross burners.

New to me.
Maybe that was a little overstated but they do like to aline themselves with white supremacy, You see that almost every time they do anything publicly, the signs and dog whistles. In the Villages the percent of blacks are .006%. My only question is, what are the .006% doing there?

Who in the world would want to live there, but of course we already know that. The average age is 69. A bunch of old white narrow minded bigots. Visit there some time, I have.

Last edited: