Any BK Rush Reviews

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought the BKRush, sold the butt. Have the BK shaft on a LE Onyx P3 wrap less @17.8 oz. I haven’t broke or played with a better cue combination. Yes It’s my current player. I prefer it over my 12.4 and original 12.9w/LEREVO. both with soft tips. I’m guessing this (tip harness) is the only difference in the playing features of the shafts other than diameter. I personally play better with the sound/feedback I get from the Hard tip, Though it is unforgiving of a bad stroke. It took a minute to accept but it keeps me inline. I also prefer to break and continue play without interruption. People think I’m miscuing many times just because of the sound it makes. (tick) :grin-square:

Ok... now I gotta go and try to run some balls with my BK Rush... damn you.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Which break cue did you own before the BK-Rush?

I had the BK3 with the original tip. Loved it. One big selling point to me for the BKRush was their new "hybrid leather" tip. I still don't have a clue what it is, but it definitely hits as strong as a phenolic, but with better cue ball control. I don't know if the tips is some type of synthetic or leather infused with a resin of some kind.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting my new BK Rush hopefully sometime this week and I was wondering if there are any reviews out there. Not many floating around right now from what I've been able to google and only 1 video review.

Anyone that has had the cue for a while now I would love to hear your thoughts. Specifically anyone coming from a BK3 as that is what I currently use.

A friend bought one and I tried to break with it for half an hour.
Never got a decent break.

Went back to my trusty Mezz PB2.
After getting used to that compressed (shorter) break cue everything else feels weird and too long with the balance point in the wrong place, on the breaks.

For me though there is no way....I repeat.....NO way... I'd get a break cue that doesn't have a replacement shaft that's relatively easy to get.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like PoolDawg has some in stock today.

EDIT: Those went fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend bought one and I tried to break with it for half an hour.
Never got a decent break.

Went back to my trusty Mezz PB2.
After getting used to that compressed (shorter) break cue everything else feels weird and too long with the balance point in the wrong place, on the breaks.

For me though there is no way....I repeat.....NO way... I'd get a break cue that doesn't have a replacement shaft that's relatively easy to get.

I have to ask how many shafts have you broke lol In 30 years I never broke a single maple shaft so breaking a shaft made of carbon fiber seems remote.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have the BKRush after trying my friend's. I love it. Maybe I'll put a Hammerhead tip, but as of now, it performs really well. I love the feel, the sound, and the results.

Freddie

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seybert’s has some too today.

Edit:
Guess I should say had some lol.

I was going to say that too. I got the alert only 90 minutes ago but I see they are already sold out. The PoolDawg alert came in at 2AM EDT. I bought one at 8 AM and I saw they were sold out by noon. Sometimes it pays to be eastern. Signing up for website notifications has to be the only way to get in.

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I did the same thing with Omega.....called as soon as they opened and was able to get the sport wrap Rush. 1 hr later a friend of mine called and was told they sold out. I played with one a friend has and loved it. Must be a lot of folks with the same experience cause they are damned hard to come by!

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
A friend of mine bought one and I've used it several times. I was skeptical as I am with most new products, but it convinced me. The difference isn't so much the power, but it's that I can use a more powerful break and still maintain control of the cue ball. When I try the same break with my Joss Thor Hammer (still a good break cue btw) I can't get as good of a hit on the head ball with the same level of power and the cue ball tends to squirt. It's definitely a better mousetrap. What you need to decide is it enough of a difference to pony up the cash. That's the question.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you need to decide is it enough of a difference to pony up the cash. That's the question.

It depends on your skill level - the higher the level of competition the more is the break important. You can look at it as an investment - BK Rush may be the difference between financially breaking even at the bigger regional tournament and bringing home some nice cash which may cover the expense of buying BK Rush. ;)

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I seem to have read or heard that the hybrid tip was a combination of kevlar.( think bullet proof vest) and leather. Cannot confirm this of course, but it does seem a logical combo for strength and durability.

AndRun

Registered
Really nice balance and weight, as with any revo shaft the energy transfer is unreal. Definitely easier to control he cue ball while hitting with greater force. You can hear the difference when you hit the head ball.

It’s also pretty fun to just shoot balls with, even with that rock hard tip, it’s still incredibly accurate using all sorts of English, I was honestly amazed.

The difference isn't so much the power, but it's that I can use a more powerful break and still maintain control of the cue ball.

I pretty much shared the opinion of a few prior contributors.
My personal opinion about the BK Rush is that, it one-upped my expectations.
Initially, I knew what I'd be getting my hands at for that cry-me-a-river cost. I primarily seek the hybrid tip, which is not sold separately.
(Anyone who prefers to replace the tip of a BK-Rush should consider selling the cutoff hybrid tip instead of trashing it. I'll be honest though, I cringed when I saw a message that someone wanted to replace the tip because it's factory-default, not 3rd party custom one.)

When I got the BK Rush, I expected it to allow me to break with more control. It surely does. For instance compared to my $80 break cue, this allows me to break easier for the 8-ball game 2nd-ball break method. And with the carbon-fiber as an added bonus I feel that I've got my money's worth.
(My personal opinion: carbon-fiber shafts have a minor flaw compared to wooden; thus, it's not a hot topic to me)

What goes beyond my expectation was that, because it allows English to be imparted on the cue ball, I was able to break and run* both 8-ball and 9-ball games with it.
After all, how many break cues allow you to draw the cue ball at table-length?

*Just because it can doesn't mean that it's sufficient. The regular cues, other than house cues, are still better as far as functionality of the purpose other than for breaking. Ok. Maybe other than hopping too.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I've enjoyed my Rush so much that it hasn't led me to even consider any of the other CF breakers that have come out since.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a BK Rush. If I’m going to have a break stick, it might as well be a BK Rush. But honestly the only thing I care about is that it has a hard tip so I don’t mushroom my playing cue.

/REVIEW

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I like the BK Rush, after I modified it a bit. I prefer a heavier break cue. So I poured hot lead into mine. Unfortunately, the heaviest I could get it was 22.5 ounces. I also put a White Diamond tip on it. Everyone on my team loves it.

jshaw

Registered
I bought a Mezz Power Break Kai wrapless with Deep Impact II shaft, which is an excellent break cue. I wanted a BK Rush but could not justify the cost at the time.
After 4 months of owning it a friend was selling his BK Rush wrapless so I bought it.
Comparing them, both cues break well but the BK Rush has a different feel, less stiff when you hit hard, almost a thud sound/feel. The cue ball is easier to control and you get more ball movement from the BK Rush. Its definitely the better break cue but I ended up selling it anyway because I didn't need $1000 wrapped up in two break cues and I got my money back out of it.

I'd used a BK2 and a BK3 a few times and in my opinion BK Rush is better than both. The BK2 is really good and BK3 not so good in my opinion. If I found a BK2 in great shape i'd trade it for my Mezz, it hit that well.