Any of my Tip Hat peeps on here ?

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was with George owner of G's Cues and we were talking about tips and you came up in that regards. ( he said they were good as I was not familiar )

Alright Brother, I give up.

Please give my best regards to George.

They are very good tips, the best, actually. At least 50% better than anything else, easily proven through science.

Take care my friend, see you down the road.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too funny.

Thanks for your input, jerry.

They are very good tips, the best, actually. At least 50% better than anything else, easily proven through science.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, the point of this post is we made a date to play again but this time I'm gonna be a little smarter about it and I HOPE HE READS THIS!!!! I told him the next time we play which will be shortly I will take the free 8 AND the breaks race to 3 or 5 for $2000. ( I can't stand and won't do long races no matter the bet. Really, I can't understand why when the bet goes up why the race has to too???? How does that make sense? Seriously can anyone explain that to me? If your racing to 5 for 100 why should the race go to 7,9, 11, or 13 just because the bet is a couple stacks ??? Anyway, I told him we can do that OR the same as tonight race to 4 for $500 - post or at least promise a couple sets either way.

The reason he wants to play longer sets when the cash increases is because he thinks he is a better player.

Sounds to me like you got steered into a bad game. Who exactly are these "trusted friends"?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My bad, was thinking Tommy Hay lol. Oops ☺

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason he wants to play longer sets when the cash increases is because he thinks he is a better player.

Sounds to me like you got steered into a bad game. Who exactly are these "trusted friends"?

No, I was given the correct line . Guy didn't want to do anything but even so I said he'll with it let's go. Yes I get longer sets favor better player but in general I just wanna get down, get done, and get out regardless of outcome. I suppose my attention span isn't so long. I Truly can see why so many have stopped pool and went to poker. You can win / lose in one hand what may take AN HOUR OR MORE playing pool. Pool is fun till it isn't if that makes sense. Poker is fun too, reason being it's like a new set every 5 minutes at the most lol. I wasn't Co planing about being in a bad game, I knew that going in and made that choice. I was only complaing even with the big edge guy was scared to bet / play that's all. No biggie really. Just reminds me why I only play a few times a year now.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I was given the correct line . Guy didn't want to do anything but even so I said he'll with it let's go. Yes I get longer sets favor better player but in general I just wanna get down, get done, and get out regardless of outcome. I suppose my attention span isn't so long. I Truly can see why so many have stopped pool and went to poker. You can win / lose in one hand what may take AN HOUR OR MORE playing pool. Pool is fun till it isn't if that makes sense. Poker is fun too, reason being it's like a new set every 5 minutes at the most lol. I wasn't Co planing about being in a bad game, I knew that going in and made that choice. I was only complaing even with the big edge guy was scared to bet / play that's all. No biggie really. Just reminds me why I only play a few times a year now.

In your op you said one pocket is basically the only game you play - but your attention span isn't very long?

Free advice from a complete stranger - don't gamble at pool. Don't take this the wrong way but you are a hustler's dream come true.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Never seen a race to 3 for 2k, sounds interesting. Hell I like races to 5, but I wouldn't play a race to 3 for more than 50 unless I was just flat out stealing. And I don't like to steal, would take a real jackass that I know can't run 2 balls to even think about it. And because that sounds like slam the 9 kinda thing, it would be the call 9.

I like to gamble, but that sounds like something most people wouldn't even consider. I'd rather flip quarters for a 100 or 2 a flip.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In your op you said one pocket is basically the only game you play - but your attention span isn't very long?

Free advice from a complete stranger - don't gamble at pool. Don't take this the wrong way but you are a hustler's dream come true.

I get what you're saying, I really do. I guess I'm a fish. That's ok. I like the gamble as I've always said. The attention span comment may have been taken wrong. I do love one hole, and for the right bet I stay interested and involved in the game. As to 9 ball, don't care too much for it these days and my comment was in regards to the length of the race. A short one is good. No more then 5 though for real for me. I kinda get bored of its longer. I know how this sounds to the true pool players; and they are probably right. Once more, I do like pool but only with the gamble. I never go play " for fun ", I don't " go practice ", I don't play cheap sets ( unless it is one of maybe 3 people that I am good friends with and even then it's probably gonna be 100 ). I don't wanna so u don't like a dick ) although athe the same time I don't really care cause my actual friends know me and what I like and has never been a big deal.

As I mentioned, I spend most of the time playing poker. Let's be real....... it's SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER! At pool if I'm honest with myself I'm a Sheet player in the grand scheme. I have a dozen or so people I gamble with and they are gentleman as myself. They will lose money same as myself and I know I don't have to worry about no BS no matter what it is. I gave up trying to play serious pool years ago, and I learned what many have not - as far as gambling. I truly believe DEANOC can understand . He says many of the same things. He knows. Its just I'm 30 years younger so be it.

Don't get me wrong; I love pool. I have since the first time I picked up a stick. But very early on the money came into play. Maybe it was where I came up ( Jack & Jills ) and Running Out. But I have always gambled ( even in the blue ribbon private school I went to - black jack at lunch ). Pool means something different to each person that picks up the stick. What I have learned is don't discount whatever that means to anyone . The guy practicing in the back that NEVER gambles , to the tournie players that's all they do.

Here's a quick story. So at J&J, there was this old man Harold. Always dressed to the nines and only played straight pool. Never bet a cent. He could play and I'm certain he was a terror in his day. I played him and lost sometimes . Something different for everyone so whatever it is don't discount it!

Never seen a race to 3 for 2k, sounds interesting. Hell I like races to 5, but I wouldn't play a race to 3 for more than 50 unless I was just flat out stealing. And I don't like to steal, would take a real jackass that I know can't run 2 balls to even think about it. And because that sounds like slam the 9 kinda thing, it would be the call 9.

I like to gamble, but that sounds like something most people wouldn't even consider. I'd rather flip quarters for a 100 or 2 a flip.

I did offer to flip for $500. Anyway, like I said I will play and bet but I just want to make it quick. It has nothing to do with how much money anyone has, as if they are betting larger amounts then they probably should be able to afford it. The race is well just that. Some like it short , some like it long. As menriomed, the longer race favors the better player hence why I keep it short. No mystery .

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I get what you're saying, I really do. I guess I'm a fish. That's ok. I like the gamble as I've always said. The attention span comment may have been taken wrong. I do love one hole, and for the right bet I stay interested and involved in the game. As to 9 ball, don't care too much for it these days and my comment was in regards to the length of the race. A short one is good. No more then 5 though for real for me. I kinda get bored of its longer. I know how this sounds to the true pool players; and they are probably right. Once more, I do like pool but only with the gamble. I never go play " for fun ", I don't " go practice ", I don't play cheap sets ( unless it is one of maybe 3 people that I am good friends with and even then it's probably gonna be 100 ). I don't wanna so u don't like a dick ) although athe the same time I don't really care cause my actual friends know me and what I like and has never been a big deal.

As I mentioned, I spend most of the time playing poker. Let's be real....... it's SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER! At pool if I'm honest with myself I'm a Sheet player in the grand scheme. I have a dozen or so people I gamble with and they are gentleman as myself. They will lose money same as myself and I know I don't have to worry about no BS no matter what it is. I gave up trying to play serious pool years ago, and I learned what many have not - as far as gambling. I truly believe DEANOC can understand . He says many of the same things. He knows. Its just I'm 30 years younger so be it.

Don't get me wrong; I love pool. I have since the first time I picked up a stick. But very early on the money came into play. Maybe it was where I came up ( Jack & Jills ) and Running Out. But I have always gambled ( even in the blue ribbon private school I went to - black jack at lunch ). Pool means something different to each person that picks up the stick. What I have learned is don't discount whatever that means to anyone . The guy practicing in the back that NEVER gambles , to the tournie players that's all they do.

Here's a quick story. So at J&J, there was this old man Harold. Always dressed to the nines and only played straight pool. Never bet a cent. He could play and I'm certain he was a terror in his day. I played him and lost sometimes . Something different for everyone so whatever it is don't discount it!

I did offer to flip for $500. Anyway, like I said I will play and bet but I just want to make it quick. It has nothing to do with how much money anyone has, as if they are betting larger amounts then they probably should be able to afford it. The race is well just that. Some like it short , some like it long. As menriomed, the longer race favors the better player hence why I keep it short. No mystery .

You are a fun read Bmore! Very interesting seeing the point of view from a gambler. I am the opposite side of the coin. Driving hundreds of miles just to play for fun is fine with me and I do it frequently. It is rare that I would gamble at the game but I have been goaded into games in the past and done well. Its interesting for me to watch how the game changes when there is a little lettuce riding on the outcome.