Any one interested in going in on a bulk buy of Cyclop balls?

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
My traditional set arrived today. I look forward to trying them out this evening and comparing them to the Aramith Pro set that came with my Diamond table. Thanks again Justin and Diamond. Martin

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My Cyclop set arrived yesterday afternoon and I went to the pool hall to photograph & compare with my Centennials sets (two - new & currently in use set).

I'll get around to weighing & measuring both sets very carefully but I'm undecided about even playing with the set for comparison purposes. I might wind up
doing that after doing the measurements but I guess my point is a set of Cyclop pool balls ( new or hardly used) will be available soon.

Honestly, I don't know what the fascination is with these pool balls.....they'd had better play incredibly better....I mean a lot better.....than Centennials to wanna
switch. I do not like the Cyclop traditional set appearance at all.......colors are just OK.......the number is located in the stripes on the 9 - 15 object balls. This
leaves two really large white sides or tops depending on the position, the numbers are not clear and distinct and appear hazy. The diamond cue ball has a
strange sheen & lustre that seemed odd as well.

Anyway, I just do not anticipate this set remaining and I may not even play with this set. I'm sure my cynics and naysayers will say it figures that I'd be the first
person on the Forum to criticize the Cyclop pool ball set. Hey, I call 'em the way I see 'em.......every pitch may not be correctly called a strike but the call still counts.

Tip......don't bash me too hard for my candor, especially if you're interested in buying my set......Contact me next week rather than right now.

Last edited:

poolfire

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Got mine...

Went to the pool hall and put them on the scale...All of them were the same.. All were 5.9 with the cue ball being 6.0. Played nice..Only complaint I have was I too noticed the cueball looking different..Kinda translucent??? Weird..But not overly distracting..

Kyle

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If anyone wants to do another bul buy,let me know. I want to get 3 sets of balls for my tournaments, and at $150 a set,that's hard to beat.

Billyard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
My Cyclop set arrived yesterday afternoon and I went to the pool hall to photograph & compare with my Centennials sets (two - new & currently in use set).

I'll get around to weighing & measuring both sets very carefully but I'm undecided about even playing with the set for comparison purposes. I might wind up
doing that after doing the measurements but I guess my point is a set of Cyclop pool balls ( new or hardly used) will be available soon.

Honestly, I don't know what the fascination is with these pool balls.....they'd had better play incredibly better....I mean a lot better.....than Centennials to wanna
switch. I do not like the Cyclop traditional set appearance at all.......colors are just OK.......the number is located in the stripes on the 9 - 15 object balls. This
leaves two really large white sides or tops depending on the position, the numbers are not clear and distinct and appear hazy. The diamond cue ball has a
strange sheen & lustre that seemed odd as well.

Anyway, I just do not anticipate this set remaining and I may not even play with this set. I'm sure my cynics and naysayers will say it figures that I'd be the first
person on the Forum to criticize the Cyclop pool ball set. Hey, I call 'em the way I see 'em.......every pitch may not be correctly called a strike but the call still counts.

Tip......don't bash me too hard for my candor, especially if you're interested in buying my set......Contact me next week rather than right now.

Why would someone bash you because you have an opinion that might be different from theirs?

Thanks for the review. It is nice to hear everyone's perspective.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If anyone wants to do another bul buy,let me know. I want to get 3 sets of balls for my tournaments, and at $150 a set,that's hard to beat.

Just call Diamond and ask, im sure they ll honor the $150 for three sets, especially since they honor it for one set.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Unless only biased, complimentary posts are all that's welcomed, then everyone should remain open to contrary, dissenting
opinions......what difference is it to anyone that the world is not in rapturous love with the Cyclop pool ball set.

When people post about these pool balls being the best quality available, handsome looks, new resin formula etc.......isn't that
just "their opinion".......so in this world, the one in which most of us live, everyone does not agree on everything, pool merchandise
included. And opposing views are not suppressed and frankly, I think I'm more in the right than wrong.

Anyway, I back my words up with my actions....my new set of Cyclop pool balls (new & unused) will be listed for sale next week......
you like the set, others love the set.....you're welcome to them, mine included.....Centennials are the way to go.....and that cue ball
that the other AZer wrote about....the one I kindly commented about......well, the cue ball is ugly.........and those white sides on the
numbered object balls.....that has to go.....too much bright white and there's even glare caused by the white sides under the lights,
at least on a new set or a used set that is polished.......and the numbers are really terrible too......it's like the numbers are not in focus.

Well, that's my review of the Cyclop set......albeit somewhat blunt and direct but nonetheless warranted ........and I am not looking to
make a profit on the resale of these pool balls either.....that's why I only ordered one set while I could have gotten two sets......I just
do not like the "apperance" of the Cyclop pool balls and just cant imagine how people consider the Cyclop design set is anywhere
near as handsome as the Brunswick Centennial sets. Obviously, opinions about pool cues vary greatly and so it is these pool balls.

Last edited:

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
$150 Per Set was a special promotion to get the product out there, just like I did when the Vikore shaft came out. If I had 30+ customers wanting to order the same product at the same time, I'd make a sweet deal too as long as I made "some" profit.

Ok if you say so however they can be purchased new for $150 without a bulk order just sayin, as the proof is on my table now

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
... I just do not like the "apperance" of the Cyclop pool balls ...

I have not played with them yet, but I'd certainly agree with you that they are not as attractive as some other balls, particularly the Aramith Tournament balls and the Aramith (Brunswick) Centennials.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Take the Poll "You Be The Judge" in the Main Forum......Photos are posted to compare.....Centennial vs. Cyclop.......you decide.

I've made my position clear which set I like and do not like but let's see how the Forum feels.
Now keep in mind my many pundits will probably try stuffing the ballot box just to make me look bad but do take the poll anyway.

Let's try to keep the poll fair so it's at least interesting and meaningful.....I think Centennials are the better set....how do you feel?

Matt B.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Unless only biased, complimentary posts are all that's welcomed, then everyone should remain open to contrary, dissenting
opinions......what difference is it to anyone that the world is not in rapturous love with the Cyclop pool ball set.

When people post about these pool balls being the best quality available, handsome looks, new resin formula etc.......isn't that
just "their opinion".......so in this world, the one in which most of us live, everyone does not agree on everything, pool merchandise
included. And opposing views are not suppressed and frankly, I think I'm more in the right than wrong.

Anyway, I back my words up with my actions....my new set of Cyclop pool balls (new & unused) will be listed for sale next week......
you like the set, others love the set.....you're welcome to them, mine included.....Centennials are the way to go.....and that cue ball
that the other AZer wrote about....the one I kindly commented about......well, the cue ball is ugly.........and those white sides on the
numbered object balls.....that has to go.....too much bright white and there's even glare caused by the white sides under the lights,
at least on a new set or a used set that is polished.......and the numbers are really terrible too......it's like the numbers are not in focus.

Well, that's my review of the Cyclop set......albeit somewhat blunt and direct but nonetheless warranted ........and I am not looking to
make a profit on the resale of these pool balls either.....that's why I only ordered one set while I could have gotten two sets......I just
do not like the "apperance" of the Cyclop pool balls and just cant imagine how people consider the Cyclop design set is anywhere
near as handsome as the Brunswick Centennial sets. Obviously, opinions about pool cues vary greatly and so it is these pool balls.

You really like to hear yourself, don't you. Brevity is not something you put much stock into either, huh? You work really hard to try to sound smart and intelligent but in reality you sound pompous and self-important.

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I knew that nobody here decided that.It was just a general question but thx for your response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk