Any pool rooms open mornings or 24 hours anymore ?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the post-TCOM pool boom there were a few all-nite spots in my area(Tex,Ok, Kan,Mo) because there were TONs of people playing. Wasn't unusual to have a waiting list at 3-4am. Those days are GONE FOREVER. No reason to stay open unless it profitable. New Orleans is a unique place and i hope they have 24hr pool and killer food forever. Also, i hope Mickey's in Vegas goes back to 24hr. Great place to go hit balls on Gold Crowns.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the update on current status of Raytown Rec.

I hope that Doug Brink and Steve Hassellman are doing well. They are fantastic people.

Doug is the best 3-cushion player that I've seen in person and Steve has a couple Missouri state championships under his belt. Both treated me well when I was there around Christmas.

Here's an old thread about "Big Bertha" their 5x10 Kling table

At 100, a pool table named ‘Big Bertha’

Doug Brink passed away several years ago. Steve is doing well.

Will Prout

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given most rooms depend on alcohol for a large part of revenue and State Law requires alcohol sales to end a some point in the late evening...I think the 24hr room is largely a thing of the past.

I grew up in a room that was no alcohol/ no food and was 24hrs. I worked the 2-10 am shift for a while and the place was usually empty between 3-8am.

At least I think it was. What do I know, I was sleeping.

That’s why you play so good

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
Doug Brink passed away several years ago. Steve is doing well.

Will Prout

Sorry, I meant his son. Don, right? Both father and son played excellent 3-cushion with high runs around 14. I believe Steve’s high run is about the same. I visited Raytown Rec on Christmas Day and enjoyed talking with everybody there. Met Stanley Burleson too and wish I had got to see him shoot some one pocket.

Last edited:

Oldandtired

Registered
Thanks responses everyone! Looks like Montana, Washington, Idaho, and Oregon will be my destinations now lasvegas too ( griffs 9am open looks great!) Missoula 2pm and later seems the norm. Portland had room showed open 7am daily but virus changed that. any other old guy morning places anywhere always appreciated future reference Thanks again!

OldManOfTheSea

Registered
I've never been to a pool room that was open 24 hours.. but that does sound like a nice place. Just roll in any time you want..

OldManOfTheSea

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never been to a pool room that was open 24 hours.. but that does sound like a nice place. Just roll in any time you want..

OldManOfTheSea

Has its +/-, for sure.

There was a guy who would occasionally come in all lit up on PCP and play pool for some reason. He get in a fight and we'd toss him out.

Guess what? No lock core on the door. Somebody had to hold it shut until that nutball gave up on reentry.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When they open back up, Surge Billiards & Coffee Bar in Chicago opens at 7a every day.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour