Any Table Mechanics in the Sacramento, CA area ...

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
willing to work on a Gold Crown IV and Valley barbox?

Edit May 8, 2010: Somebody came by today to work on my tables.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who provided feedback especially Shane (Cuephoric) who tried on several occasions over the past few months to go the extra mile to help out but was too far away (TX) and didn't know for sure when he would be in the area.

Also, if anyone else who I've been in contact with in the past regarding this (n10spool, realkingcobra, sdbilliards, poolplayer2093, Tom in Cincy, etc.) is ever going to be in my area (near the state park in Coloma where they discovered Gold in CA), feel free to PM me and we'll get together for some pool, rafting, fishing and/or BBQ.

.../WoodyJ

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member
There's a thing called a telephone - use it instead of PM and you may get better results.
All of those folks you mentioned have a number listed in the mechanics directory.

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's a thing called a telephone - use it instead of PM and you may get better results.
All of those folks you mentioned have a number listed in the mechanics directory.

Thanks. Have phoned all of the above except sdbilliards. Will look up his number per your suggestion.

Edit: Actually I phoned sdbilliards in Jan. Will do so again.

Last edited:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
If Donny from SD comes up there you can't do better. He did my GC4. The table wasn't without its issues and he made it perfect.

I've also heard maybe Ernesto gets up that way from time to time but I don't know for sure about that.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
willing to work on a Gold Crown IV and Valley barbox?

So far have contacted:

RealKingCobra -- Will be there in Jan. Whoops busy see you in Feb. See you in April. No dice and no reply to recent PM.

n10spool -- No replies to recent PMs.

sdbilliards -- No response to PM sent over a week ago.

Cuephoric -- Great responses to PMs but TX bound and not coming to my area as previously indicated.

Anyone willing to commit?

.../WoodyJ
(530) 642-2878

Woody, I'm not always in control of my time frame, like since before Christmas up until now. Wanting to get somewhere to do some work...and being able to GET there within the window of that time frame is the problem...as there is only ONE of me, so...sorry I haven't been able to make it to your area as of yet....still don't know when I'll be there for sure, leaving Washington this coming week...but headed to Vegas to pick up tables for delivery else-where's. I did call and talk to Donny, and his problem is that he don't go long distance very often because he has a wife and 3 daughters, which means he's a table mechanic by profession...and a husband & father by nature...so he likes being home at night with his family. I don't know about Craig, I do know he messed up one of his hands not to long ago....so I don't know his condition to work.

The overall problem is that there just isn't enough of us table mechanics to go around to help support all the customers that have pool tables....so as of today....I have no answers that you want to hear.:eek:

Glen

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I wonder who works on the tables at HT and the Jointed Cue. Maybe they can refer you to someone.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I wonder who works on the tables at HT and the Jointed Cue. Maybe they can refer you to someone.

Dave does his own at Jointed Cue. Ernesto has had HT forever, and Diamonds, Teeter's...... lol

Woody,
I'll let you know something by Tues. I'm waiting to find out if I am delivering some Gabriel's to Cali yet or not (and when), and booking from their dates. I know I have to be out there in a few weeks for another shipment, but Steve, Ernesto, or Glen may be through there before that, I don't know. I'm sure I'll talk to all of them before I head out there anyway, but can let you know who is most likely the soonest.