Any word from Dennis Searing....

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
Dennis...deep breathe. Now tell everyone there order is cancelled and know that you'll be happier, build better cues and of course will always sale everything you make.

never to late to start over....hope all is well

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did Searing have any relationship with Murrell? This cue shares some similarities with a Murrell I owned awhile back as far as inlay work.

Dennis and Kenny good friends.....
Pretty sure Kenny did a little work with Dennis in Dennis' cue shop too.
I have also seen Murrell cues with same type Inlay design,
ALSO Bob Manzino has similar DESIGN INLAYS-BOB MANZINO-
also Good friends with Dennis
Actually SEVERAL FLORIDA Cue makers very close
Dennis, Johnny Showman, Kenny Murrell- retired"
Bob Manzino the late Paul Dayton and Pete Ohman-
They used to get together and share cue making building , construction, etc according to Pete Ohman told once on a phone conversation we were having"
Dennis pretty determined to get everything PRECISON BUILT ON HIS CUES-
"SEARING PRECISION CUES" :smile:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis and Kenny good friends.....
Pretty sure Kenny did a little work with Dennis in Dennis' cue shop too.
I have also seen Murrell cues with same type Inlay design,
ALSO Bob Manzino has similar DESIGN INLAYS-BOB MANZINO-
also Good friends with Dennis
Actually SEVERAL FLORIDA Cue makers very close
Dennis, Johnny Showman, Kenny Murrell- retired"
Bob Manzino the late Paul Dayton and Pete Ohman-
They used to get together and share cue making building , construction, etc according to Pete Ohman told once on a phone conversation we were having"
Dennis pretty determined to get everything PRECISON BUILT ON HIS CUES-
"SEARING PRECISION CUES" :smile:

Interesting and I wonder which are 100% and which are collaborations.

Collaborations seem to be the thing especially in the fashion world with shoes. Think Supreme.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis isnt Collaboraring with anybody, where does this shit come from?

What I gather from this thread is maybe Dennis has only been making tips for the past 10 years. His cues seem more like myth than anything. Email him once every 3 years hoping for even a reply?

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I gather from this thread is maybe Dennis has only been making tips for the past 10 years. His cues seem more like myth than anything. Email him once every 3 years hoping for even a reply?

He does make cues and there are pictures of him in his shop. Now to the extent of how many? We will never know. He can be some guy that has many friends and he makes for his buddies and word gets around how great his cue is, not many have seen, and then boom. Demand and high prices.

If you google Dennis Searing Cues, there is an AZBilliards thread dating back to 2005.

Like I said before....I was in my early 20's when I heard about this guy and now I will be in my 40's and have grey hair.....and nobody received any cues. ROFL

My how time flies....I'm old and gave the game up a few years back. LOL

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He does make cues and there are pictures of him in his shop. Now to the extent of how many? We will never know. He can be some guy that has many friends and he makes for his buddies and word gets around how great his cue is, not many have seen, and then boom. Demand and high prices.

If you google Dennis Searing Cues, there is an AZBilliards thread dating back to 2005.

Like I said before....I was in my early 20's when I heard about this guy and now I will be in my 40's and have grey hair.....and nobody received any cues. ROFL

My how time flies....I'm old and gave the game up a few years back. LOL

Yep, nobody has received a cue. I owned 13...14 now, surely, somebody got cues if I was able to buy 14 of them on the 2nd hand market.

Just keep posting nonsense, it makes you look smart:rolleyes:

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
HYPOTHETICALLY:

Could it be possible that, since his inception, and subsequent taking of orders, and comet-like rise to the pinnacle of the cue makers spectrum, that his quoted prices may have been swayed by “whales” who may have offered multiple times his asking price just to get the cues post hastily?

Ok that’s a fancy way of saying, do you think some of them fancy damn foreigners (<~~ example) with unlimited resources may have influenced some of our greatest cue builders into foregoing their wait lists by waving stacks of Benjamin’s under their noses? Waiting list be damned by the almighty buck ???

Sometimes I ask myself, “Self, what would you do if your talents eventually exceeded your quoted price points so much, that you were tempted to not fulfill promised orders, but by doing so would provide me with financial security”?

I believe this above scenario happened to me once upon a time, but not by Searing.

I’ll see you all tomorrow down at the plant.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis makes the best playing pool cues on the planet.... Barr none..... Unfortunately I feel he has stolen my property and is making no effort to rectify the situation. I’ve known Dennis a long time, I’ve been to his shop a couple times. I’ve played rounds of golf with the man. No matter what “issues” he has , it is no reason not to keep some type of communication up on a ridiculously long repair problem.... I mean we are pushing 12 fuc*%#* years here. He may be hoping for my death??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to laugh at your expense but the bolded part got me.:)

There's multiple threads on here with people who have your exact experience.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep, nobody has received a cue. I owned 13...14 now, surely, somebody got cues if I was able to buy 14 of them on the 2nd hand market.

Just keep posting nonsense, it makes you look smart:rolleyes:

the inner circle gets cues and flips them (for a nice mark up )
the next level inner circle buys them
jmho

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When i lived in Florida i had Dennis make me a cue. 4 points tulipwood, hoppe style. I spent a lot of time in his shop as did many others. Always very generous with his time. Also a good judge of character. Thats why deanoc never got a cue from him :)

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BS He knows damn good and well NOBODY makes a better cue than Dennis, he is intentionally saying he cant see the quality in the Cues - nobody is that stupid!

Define "better".

Are you saying Searing is the VERY TOP MAKER?

If so, what makes it so and who is #2?

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
For all you "questioners" and list "waiters", Dennis OWES you nothing. He alone decides what he builds and for whatever reason. As for the questioners, you don't deserve nor will get a cue in the first place so why waste your breath on deaf ears? As for the waiters, IMO you should feel lucky he even considered building you one and even luckier if he builds it....For all others, OP included, I'm confident your situations will end positively.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
a gentleman and a procurer

the inner circle gets cues and flips them (for a nice mark up )
the next level inner circle buys them
jmho

You must be right. Jason, you sir are a gentleman and a procurer!

Hu
(Jason, you have to excuse me, that great line is from "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum." Heard it a decade or more ago, my first chance to use it!):grin-square::grin-square::grin-square: