Any word from Dennis Searing....

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to believe you're on here talking about business practices when you bought those 2 "jackpot" cues and now you bow at the ankles to the guy that robbed you.

I never got robbed on anything.

Get your story straight.

I got my first one from a guy in Hawaii after I tried it out and played with it.

I liked it so much that I bought another one.

I have two butts and seven interchangeable shafts for them.

I am happy with them.

I like cues that play well.

I took my first one to the pool hall and played with it last week.

FWIW, I just bought a Searing shaft on the secondary market.

:)

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Holding a cue hostage this long is considered theft. I'm in the same boat right now and just trying to get my cue back from him. I had a problem with a sneaky pete conversion where the pin came loose and I reached out to Dennis to have it repaired and also asked for the 2 shafts with the cue to be refinished as he offer to repair the pin and refinish the butt (repair costs weren't considered but I was willing to pay for the refinished and third shafts). Dennis said the sneaky pete was one of his early cues where he used CA glue so that it would be easier to repair in the future. Originally, we had a good dialog on timing and before the pandemic, he would try to have it ready for the SBE. It's been well over 2 years plus now and I've been trying to reach him directly via text message and VM with no luck. Recently reached out to him via his precision tip site. I have no ill will and understand that he may be in a situation with no control due to the pandemic and asked that if he hasn't repaired it or even open my package just to have it shipped back. Going to wait to hear back and hope I can get this situation to resolve shortly and amicably.

Just wanted to reiterate that Dennis does build an amazing playing cue...this sneeky pete plays amazing and it's super solid that why I really want it to be repaired properly.
So two years no communication? The only situation "due to the pandemic" that could come close to excusing this is that he is dead. Yet he is not.

Why do people continue to support flakes like this? I don't care if his cue can jerk me off while waiting in my chair, no cue or cue builder is this special. The one currently for sale with the long white joint collar in front of the black is hideous to boot.

I guess I will never understand certain things.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
So two years no communication? The only situation "due to the pandemic" that could come close to excusing this is that he is dead. Yet he is not.

Why do people continue to support flakes like this? I don't care if his cue can jerk me off while waiting in my chair, no cue or cue builder is this special. The one currently for sale with the long white joint collar in front of the black is hideous to boot.

I'm sure people are lining up for your cues 🤔

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have one of his cues…damn nice one, too.

JC cue between two Jackpots.

A3449DFC-CF1C-470C-9D06-2F1066789888.jpeg

Last edited:

middleofnowhere

Registered

I hear a lot of complaints but what i don't hear is his cues are bad. In fact his eccentricities and aloofness makes his cues even more desirable. Just getting one can be a quest.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

That is about as blunt and honest a reply as could be.

King Searing treats his customers like 🐕💩, and they stand in line for another help of shit on a shingle.

Maybe I am wrong but no one is too busy building Cues to not set dime time aside to reply to few emails a week, or daily.

Good communication is part of good business plan.

Bad communication is 🐂💩.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues

If he had my cue for two years incommunicado I would be lining up to catch him outside a grocery store in his home town.

As far as lining up for my cues that's irrelevant and a shitty straw man from you.

I do however not have a Coos Cue in my possession currently to play with. Seems like they all got sold. Not to you though, you're on the list now.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If he had my cue for two years incommunicado I would be lining up to catch him outside a grocery store in his home town.

As far as lining up for my cues that's irrelevant and a shitty straw man from you.

I do however not have a Coos Cue in my possession currently to play with. Seems like they all got sold. Not to you though, you're on the list now.
Oh no, please don't put me on the "list" 🤣

middleofnowhere

Registered
I have been reading this stuff for years. It is not hard for me to understand. I have known Dennis since he was a kid. He became a very good player by the way.
I hear from him now and then.

This cue thing just evolved. All he wanted to do was build some cues. Being the kind of guy he is though, it was probably inevitable he would become this good.

Now he is sort of a victim of his own success. This problem is fixable though. First, don't get talked into doing repairs you don't want to do. I say talked into for a reason. People want what they want and will beg whine. Next thing you know you have said yes.

Years ago I read a book "How to say no and not feel guilty about it". Good book.

Second, start getting yourself out from under. Either do the repairs or return the cues.
Last, don't make the same mistake again. It is tempting to tell people what they want to hear, but you have to he honest even, if they get mad at you.

Dennis is really a nice guy. What happened over time I am certain was not intended, it just happened.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I have been reading this stuff for years. It is not hard for me to understand. I have known Dennis since he was a kid. He became a very good player by the way.
I hear from him now and then.

This cue thing just evolved. All he wanted to do was build some cues. Being the kind of guy he is though, it was probably inevitable he would become this good.

Now he is sort of a victim of his own success. This problem is fixable though. First, don't get talked into doing repairs you don't want to do. I say talked into for a reason. People want what they want and will beg whine. Next thing you know you have said yes.

Years ago I read a book "How to say no and not feel guilty about it". Good book.

Second, start getting yourself out from under. Either do the repairs or return the cues.
Last, don't make the same mistake again. It is tempting to tell people what they want to hear, but you have to he honest even, if they get mad at you.

Dennis is really a nice guy. What happened over time I am certain was not intended, it just happened.

Your post is on the money, and very right. Maybe Dennis is guilty of poor communication. Problem can be resolved with some time daily with simple replies to emails.

I had one client that was a client when I started my business. Being honest they were what I called a gas money client. Money was just gas money, but in early days of business I did work to put gas in tank.

They were slow pay, bounced a few checks on me, soon became more trouble then profit.

When I had my fill after last bad experience, solution was easy. When they call me to work I politely said I am already busy that day. Took say this 10 times.

They stopped calling. Worked out well, and yes I was polite about it.

IMHO self employment is a 7 x 24 x 366 commitment. If a good paying client called in middle of night waking me up, I took care of them.

Why they paid my bills, and paid me very well.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now he is sort of a victim of his own success.

It makes no sense why he can't mail a cue back to someone who has been waiting 2 years for a repair. Wait...back up. It makes no sense why he can't email someone whose cue he has been holding hostage for 2 years.

Here's something you might suggest to your friend: tell him to quote a base price of $20k for a new cue. His list will immediately dwindle to 10-15 people. Subsequently, he will have plenty of time to shoot pool and do repairs....and be a nice guy.

What happened over time I am certain was not intended, it just happened.

I would imagine that most hardened criminals did not intentionally set out to achieve that type of lifestyle. It was probably a slippery slope and they just got in deeper and deeper. They started with small crimes, then the crimes increased in severity.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
When you are on a waiting list with a “promise” you are putting in “time” instead of money.

Sometimes, time may be more valuable to you.

For instance, you were promised a cue and waited ten years while saving your money and then he tells you to buzz off or ignores you. You now decide you will buy a SW and have the money, but have to wait another dozen years to get your cue from someone who actually has good business practices.

It's clearly valuable to you, since you spend so much of it on AZ sneering at others

middleofnowhere

Registered
It makes no sense why he can't mail a cue back to someone who has been waiting 2 years for a repair. Wait...back up. It makes no sense why he can't email someone whose cue he has been holding hostage for 2 years.

Here's something you might suggest to your friend: tell him to quote a base price of $20k for a new cue. His list will immediately dwindle to 10-15 people. Subsequently, he will have plenty of time to shoot pool and do repairs....and be a nice guy.

I would imagine that most hardened criminals did not intentionally set out to achieve that type of lifestyle. It was probably a slippery slope and they just got in deeper and deeper. They started with small crimes, then the crimes increased in severity.
You are right, it makes no sense so don't try to.. That is neither here or there now. It happened. Now he needs to get this straightened out.
He must be sick of it, It is probably also stressful i'm sure..