Anybody else get this?

burns420

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I just got a email from paypal saying I now have limited access to my account until I send them an affadavit about there terms of use, because I violated it by selling raffle tickets. anybody else get it?

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Not today...

Did someone report you? Or is it a spam email? Log into your PP account and make sure its not bs.

Felix

chazdillon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
no i didnt hopefully i dont....i dont know why people turn people in for a raffle but then probably drive 65mph in a 55 with no seatbelt on. whatever happened to freedom

burns420

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
no it isnt BS. they want me to print the affadavit, sign it and then send it to them before my account is returned to normal. Im assuming its from when that rat notified paypal a few months back of the raffles.

burns420

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
It looks like this is just a warning of some sort, and they want it in writing that I know the rules so if I do it again I cant plead ignorance.

burns420

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I did, it is not fake. Im surprised no one else got this, as they even provided a link to 2 of my raffles.

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
That really does suck..

Sorry to hear it happened to you. Someone must have complained about your raffles to them. So many of us here do raffles and so far, just you?

Sucks.. hope it works out.

Felix

burns420

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
thanks, im sure itll be fine though. They still got their paypal fees either way. it just pisses me off now that I have to go get ink for my printer, print the letter out, sign it, and mail it back to them. its a bit of a hassle, I dont even know where to buy stamps. and they only gave me 3 days to do it or they close my account and I cant get another one.

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Wow...

Does sound a bit extreme. Well, at least I get to keep looking at your avatar when I read your responses.

:)

Felix

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Did u notice that someone is also giving out low rep to a lot of the raffle threads? WTF?

If you don't like it don't participate . Don't ruin it for all those who enjoy them.

nwtflogan

START EM YOUNG!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i would for future reference not post your paypal address here in the raffle section and not have the word raffle used when payments are sent, if someone is ratting on everybody it may go deeper so dont give them the info here on this site! imho

its way too easy for paypal and otherst to track ya if you post your address here in public as opposed to pm, may be a little inconvienant but may save ya alot of time from paypal, they arent the sharpest bunch around though!

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I don't think it's any harm posting your "paypal address" here, it's just an e-mail address. However, I do think it's a good idea NOT to include the words "raffle" or "spot" or "ticket" when you send in your payments. You might just say "payment for items #6 & #21."
I thought that new privacy in payments act was supposed to address stuff like this, but if you've been reported, that may be different.
Mr H

o2bacs

oh to be ACS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Fvck eGay and PayNotMyPal, both will screw you if given even 1/2 a chance. Someone hacked my Paypal account and charged some international calling card in euros lol Surprisingly enough Paypal caught it but when I noticed and called and was like wtf how could this happen, their only advice was to buy a security keyfob that would work for both paypal and ebay. I wanted to say suck my balls and you should increase your site security and compensate me for my fear, worry, and anguish lol, but for the $5 that they can take from your account for the device, I decided to get it. It creates a unique 6 digit code that lasts for only 30 seconds, so someone would have to steal it from me and know my login and password to screw me again. It's not going to help you here Burns but worth doing anyway. I'll explain where to get it in a sec. Burns, I'll be at work tomorrow and have printer, scanner, stamps, and can fedex or ups to space, overnight. It won't solve the needing the signature on the affidavit on your end but feel free to contact me if you would like my help. 888.994.7766 x237, Anthony. As far as the keyfob, here's the link ~ https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...iven/securitycenter/PayPalSecurityKey-outside

peace out, good luck, and raffle on brothers

OrigZaphod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another reason to hate paypal. They just limited my account, because I attempted to add a CC to it and typed the wrong address for it, now its limited and only steps in resolution is to add a card, and when i try it says already used on account cant add card...

i hate paypal.

Going to set up a new one tomorrow just to pay for the raffles I have already then figure out a better way..

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Just another reason to hate paypal. They just limited my account, because I attempted to add a CC to it and typed the wrong address for it, now its limited and only steps in resolution is to add a card, and when i try it says already used on account cant add card...

i hate paypal.

Going to set up a new one tomorrow just to pay for the raffles I have already then figure out a better way..

Just call them. I have been using PP for 10 years and have had nearly zero problems. Their site runs on a programmed system and as such it will have glitches. Here is the number 888-261-1161 and 479-857-4117 - when you get a person they will fix it for you manually.

As for the warnings from PP it's probably people reporting them.

Also, it's not inconceivable that PP is looking for patterns like a bunch of small payments of exactly the same amount in a short period of time.

I think you guys should not call your sales raffles. Call them group ownership and the person whose number is picked now has the unlimited right to use the thing forever. :)

jcommie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Or call it a luck contest with a $ buy-in in order to play, and whoever wins gets the prize free of charge! :thumbup:

burns420

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Just call them. I have been using PP for 10 years and have had nearly zero problems. Their site runs on a programmed system and as such it will have glitches. Here is the number 888-261-1161 and 479-857-4117 - when you get a person they will fix it for you manually.

As for the warnings from PP it's probably people reporting them.

Also, it's not inconceivable that PP is looking for patterns like a bunch of small payments of exactly the same amount in a short period of time.

I think you guys should not call your sales raffles. Call them group ownership and the person whose number is picked now has the unlimited right to use the thing forever. :)

I dont think there are any patterns, because the amounts are different based on how many spots people buy, and also where they live(currency conversion). Im pretty sure that after BPG24 ratted it out, they looked at previous raffles. The one they noted for me was about 6 months ago, so they may be starting from the early ones and contaqcting the operators.

Also, they pretty much list every possible alternative name for a raffle in their terms of acceptable use policy so I dont see that theres any way around it.