Anyone Short Play With a Long Shaft?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Anyone here that is short (i'm 5' 6") play with a longer than average shaft on their cue, and has it helped your game? Johnnyt
 
Chris Bartrum plays with a 60" cue, and he is not a really tall guy. I play with a 60" cue also, but I'm 6'2".
 
I'm 5'8" and I play with 59" cues. This is a personal preference and it has worked very well for me so far.
 
I think a longer cue for a person who has more need to reach.. is a match made in heaven...

if it were me I would look more at butt extensions than I would at a longer shaft...

(let the jokes fly)

then you have an option.. and can increase length for longer shots... and shorten it up for normal shots..

honestly... a longer cue would be more useful for a shorter person..

JMO

have a nice day:thumbup:
 
I swear the tables got longer

I use to think for a short guy, I'm 5/7, reaching shots was fairly simple. But in recent times these damn tables got longer.

Now I'm sure old age doesn't have a thing to do with it. LOL But I am going to buy a longer shaft. I think for me as long as I use the same conical taper it won't matter. If I played with a pro taper though, a longer shaft may make it a little to flexible. I don't expect the shaft to make me play any better or worst. Its just the extra inch to help me reach some shots.

Rod
 
Thank you all for the input. Yes, I think it will help me reach longer shots. I just can't get into some of the positions I use too with my body anymore. Even my sex life is suffering. I'm down to less than a dozen positions from 36. I have an extensoin for the butt, but I find it a pain in the ass to walk over to get it and half the time I forget I even have it. Same with the bridge. Johnnyt
 
I'm also short and old (was over six foot until I discovered women--wore me down). Had a 'true" 60 inch old school cue made by Jerry Powers of Jerico cue and it is a killer. You have to be very careful tho of the balance point and Jerry is a master at that. And yes it helps immensely.
 
Chris Bartrum plays with a 60" cue, and he is not a really tall guy. I play with a 60" cue also, but I'm 6'2".

Chris' cue is 2" longer in the butt with a standard length shaft (29"). I play with a standard butt with a Predator shaft that is 1" longer (30"). Chris likes his combination because when the shaft is longer it has a different hit/feel, not as stiff/firm. I agree with that, it took me a while to get used to the longer shaft. My cue plays so good that I am afraid to have the butt lengthened.....
 
Short guys

I know a short guy that plays with shafts so long they stick out of his case at least 6 inches. He plays very well on a bar box or a 9 ft. GC, and is a tough snooker player. I don't get it but it works for him.


Peace and good karma
 
The shaft isn't really longer. It just looks longer because you are short. :)

BVal
 
Back
Top