anyone watching matchroom live & snooker? I got an issue and matchroom live dont reply.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then I emailed all three entities with this:

After every single frame in the last two snooker tournaments, the live stream FREEZES, and it forces one to refresh several times. Then the frame is in progress, but there is no AUDIO. This requires refreshing about 10 times. This happens after every single frame as if somebody turns off the live stream after each frame.

Everybody in America who has been watching the last two snooker tournaments, including this Players tournament, is complaining about it. I was a strong proponent of Matchroom.live subscriptions, but nobody seems to give a damn. I even posted on Matchroom's Facebook page and asked for help about the live stream, and somebody deleted my post. Very disappointing.

I was starting to become a huge snooker fan, but I may have to give up since the powers-that-be don't seem to care of Americans watch live snooker or not. Big bummer!

Everybody is complaining about it on the pool forums, those of us who subscribed to Matchroom.live. I guess we will cancel our subscriptions after this if nobody addresses the problem. It seems like nobody cares about our patronage.

Jennie Ann
Washington, D.C.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The camera work and commentary are great. Provides the opportunity to closely study the form and routine followed by the players. Plus the insight of the commentators is valuable as well.
Watching on my phone is less trouble than trying to watch on tv. I am content if I only need to refresh between frames.
Certainly want to support this coverage.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The camera work and commentary are great. Provides the opportunity to closely study the form and routine followed by the players. Plus the insight of the commentators is valuable as well.
Watching on my phone is less trouble than trying to watch on tv. I am content if I only need to refresh between frames.
Certainly want to support this coverage.
I'm disgusted with them. This is poor customer service. I know it's only $1.99 for a month. It's not like I can't afford that, but I think they should be responsive to their customers. This has been going on for two snooker events. People complain, and they do nothing about it. It's the "no response" that bothers me the most, I guess. If I handled my customers in this manner, I would be out of business. Just because they are the only game in town for Americans doesn't mean they can treat their customers like this.

I will most definitely be searching for pirated live streams. Can you imagine the Mosconi Cup with this kind of live stream?

smoochie

NotLikeThis
After every single frame in the last two snooker tournaments, the live stream FREEZES, and it forces one to refresh several times. Then the frame is in progress, but there is no AUDIO.

This is exactly what happens to me 100% on all of my computers, initially I thought it must be one of my extensions or addons, but I came here for clarification and now I know its from matchroom, anyway now I am watching the finals and its still happening...

I mean even after a refresh a couple of times still there will be no AUDIO as you mentioned then I must refresh more and more until I get the audio back and by then the frame is in the middle of it, and btw after that frame I must do it all again. :D :D :D

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is exactly what happens to me 100% on all of my computers, initially I thought it must be one of my extensions or addons, but I came here for clarification and now I know its from matchroom, anyway now I am watching the finals and its still happening...

I mean even after a refresh a couple of times still there will be no AUDIO as you mentioned then I must refresh more and more until I get the audio back and by then the frame is in the middle of it, and btw after that frame I must do it all again. :D :D :D
I'm definitely not a computer guru, but I think the vendor that Matchroom hired for this live stream does not speak English and cannot reply to the emails. As well, I think they cut the stream off after every single frame and then begin a new one. Maybe this saves on bandwidth weight on their server. Whatever the problem, it stinks. And Matchroom's lack of response is disgusting, especially for an epic finals like this one today between Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins at the 2021 Cazoo Players Championship. I am shocked, actually, as I always had a very fine opinion of Matchroom's excellence in the past.

This is my birthday weekend, and I was so looking forward to today's finals. I had finished all my job deliverables so I could enjoy today. I'm going to binge on some Netflix, I think. It's just too frustrating to refresh at least 30 times—and this is no joke, at least 30 times after each and every frame. This should not be happening if we are subscribing. This is why pirated streams happen.

Even John Higgins is scratching his head, and Ronnie can't believe it either.

Attachments

• Higgins Players Finals.png
    Higgins Players Finals.png
    852.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Ronnie Finals Players Smile after a Miss.png
    Ronnie Finals Players Smile after a Miss.png
    692.4 KB · Views: 86

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the way, if anyone has a pirated stream, please share. I'm a paying Matchroom-dot-live subscriber, but since the quality of their live stream sucks a big weenie, watching a pirated stream would be great.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
By the way, if anyone has a pirated stream, please share. I'm a paying Matchroom-dot-live subscriber, but since the quality of their live stream sucks a big weenie, watching a pirated stream would be great.

I am shocked it has not frozen in the past two frames, maybe they're reading this thread? :D

Anyway, it has been freezing the entire tournament with audio issues as we said but only the past two frames it has not, I don't know maybe they finally fixed it, check on your end possibly its fixed for good.

Unless its just a lucky two frames that it did not frozen, next frame ill double check if it will freeze again or not.

• Love

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am shocked it has not frozen in the past two frames, maybe they're reading this thread? :D

Anyway, it has been freezing the entire tournament with audio issues as we said but only the past two frames it has not, I don't know maybe they finally fixed it, check on your end possibly its fixed for good.

Unless its just a lucky two frames that it did not frozen, next frame ill double check if it will freeze again or not.
Emily Frazer was contacted by David A. on Facebook, and she said she'd ask a few questions and look into it. Let me turn mine back on and watch a frame or two. Maybe it is better. Fingers crossed. Stand by.

EDITED: Nope, freezing and no audio again.

Last edited:

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent an email on this right after the Welsh finals. Received a response pretty quickly although it was simply boiler plate check your connection stuff.
Went ahead and canceled my subscription. Too bad. Even worse, its nearly impossible to find local broadcasting. BBC supposedly had the Welsh Open live but clicking the links was a circle jerk. Maybe they've decided not to allow those with VPN's to access their streaming. IDK

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, as my luck would have it, I tune in only to see Higgins barbecuing O'Sullivan, 4-0. Now they're at the interval of Session 1 of 2 in the finals.

I must say, though, as mad as I am at Matchroom-dot-live's lack of response to inquiries about the live stream problems, I give them a thumbs-up on their COVID safety precautions. They deserve high praise for this endeavor.

Attachments

• Interval Players Final 4-0.png
    Interval Players Final 4-0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 81

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent an email on this right after the Welsh finals. Received a response pretty quickly although it was simply boiler plate check your connection stuff.
Went ahead and canceled my subscription. Too bad. Even worse, its nearly impossible to find local broadcasting. BBC supposedly had the Welsh Open live but clicking the links was a circle jerk. Maybe they've decided not to allow those with VPN's to access their streaming. IDK
Well, my snooker fan days may be over after this weekend, I guess. It seems like Americans are unable to get a decent stream or channel to watch snooker, unless it's an Asian-pirated one with non-English commentary.

I will always be a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan, but I guess I'll have to just read all about it instead of watching it live.

I had really thought Matchroom would be the change agent for American pool as well as snooker, but maybe it was too much to hope for. I hope the Mosconi Cup does not suffer these live stream problems. It would be tragic for Americans to refresh 30 and 40 times between each game.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
For me the key seems to be to be patient after the refresh. My best success comes when I wait for the stream to come back to life then give it a little time before going to full screen. If it freezes give it a little more time before hitting the mute/unmute. If that fails, reload. Almost seems to lock up if I try to rush the old mute unmute trick that sometimes works if it freezes mid frame.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie is missing everything today. I feel so bad for him. Higgins is shooting like a champion. It's definitely a one-sided match. Poor Ronnie. That last missed red was shocking.

Attachments

• Ronnie Missing.png
    Ronnie Missing.png
    852.2 KB · Views: 81

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me the key seems to be to be patient after the refresh. My best success comes when I wait for the stream to come back to life then give it a little time before going to full screen. If it freezes give it a little more time before hitting the mute/unmute. If that fails, reload. Almost seems to lock up if I try to rush the old mute unmute trick that sometimes works if it freezes mid frame.
The only problem with that is while you are waiting, one misses the break and the first couple shots on the frame. It shouldn't be like this. We should be able to watch the entire frame, including the break and the first couple shots.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Higgins dominating. Table time is 80 percent Higgins and 20 percent Ronnie so far. You can't play snooker if you're benched the entire time. Poor Ronnie.

Attachments

• table time after interval.png
    table time after interval.png
    751.6 KB · Views: 87

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I am a fan of both players so only wish for good competition.
John telegraphs where his eyes are by raising and lowering his brows. On all occasions that I have noticed his eyes are on the white as the cue strikes it. Since I started cue ball last I have experienced success I couldn’t achieve with object ball last. So this makes me a John Higgins fan. Ronnie’s displays of absolute cue ball control even on extreme shots makes him a pleasure to watch. Well when he is on. Hope he can find himself and make a match of it.
The match will surely be on YouTube afterwards but usually minus the commentators.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the problems others describe, but perhaps to a lesser degree. It's working "O.K." at the moment (part way into frame 5).

smoochie

NotLikeThis

Yes problem still persist maybe I got lucky in that one frame.

By the way not only Matchroom does this but it is mostly 90% of streamers or broadcasters, it is so easy for them to point at you and tell you "Oh check your connection", this happens to me often while watching many other streamers or broadcasters if there's an issue its always me.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the problems others describe, but perhaps to a lesser degree. It's working "O.K." at the moment (part way into frame 5).
Let us know when the frame ends if it freezes requiring refreshing. I did this and came to the frame in progress with a score of 5 by Higgins. I missed the break and the first five shots.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes problem still persist maybe I got lucky in that one frame.

By the way not only Matchroom does this but it is mostly 90% of streamers or broadcasters, it is so easy for them to point at you and tell you "Oh check your connection", this happens to me often while watching many other streamers or broadcasters if there's an issue its always me.
No, this is a pattern. The exact same thing happens at the end of every single frame. After 20 or 30 refreshes, you get the audio back and the video, but the frame is in progress. You miss the break and first few shots.

It's like watching baseball game and seeing the man on first base and wondering how he got there.