anyone watching matchroom live & snooker? I got an issue and matchroom live dont reply.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Next stop!

2021 BetVictor Gibraltar Open

do not miss this one, all the golden oldies are in this tournament, its going to be...wait for it...legendary :D

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The between-frames dropout seems to be gone for the time being with the Gibraltar Open but there is no commentary yet in the production. I suspect that they do some kind of switching if they have multiple sources and that switching has a bug.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hendry is supposed to be up in an hour. I assume he will be on one of the two TV tables. (Four matches at a time.) I hope there is commentary.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hendry is supposed to be up in an hour. I assume he will be on one of the two TV tables. (Four matches at a time.) I hope there is commentary.
I enjoy the commentary as well, and I confess, I like the sound of the balls clinking, etc., no sound is a problem!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
But I have no commentary on Selby match. Not yet, anyway. :)
An excellent chance to practice your own skills....

"Selby is going for the snooker. Large target behind brown and green. ... He couldn't have placed it better with his hand."

"Craigie is feeling the pressure now. A very awkward table and Selby is in his element."

"An inch-perfect snooker by Craigie, but he will need some more. .... And Selby hits the green and flukes a snooker again."

"Selby's coils are closing around the hapless Craigie. He can't even breath now." :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Selby continues to have this deer-in-headlights look, staring into space. It's kind of odd.

Attachments

• Hendry look beginning.png
    Hendry look beginning.png
    755.2 KB · Views: 89

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Selby continues to have this deer-in-headlights look, staring into space. It's kind of odd.

hendry always had the grumpy gameface. i believe he has said it's because of focus and tension. he was also known to never fraternize with other pro players, in order to maintain a competitive mindset. he made some exceptions towards the end of his career (or what we thought was the end)

Reactions: JAM

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got an actual response from the streaming company. It was something like, "Have you tried unplugging your computer and plugging it back in? And are you sure the switch is on?" Well, not quite that bad, but there was no indication that they have any idea that there is a problem. The title on my email was "Interruptions every frame during stream", so it seems they have not taken that in yet.

I am not seeing the interruptions but there is no commentary. I suspect they are linked. Or, maybe they have fixed the problem.

It is irritating that they asked me for my OS/browser when I had already sent them the following in that email they responded to:

The Matchroom snooker stream is having a problem at the start of each frame. The sound and/or video goes away or freezes and I have to refresh, sometimes multiple times, to get the video with sound to work again. This usually results in the first few minutes of the frame being missed.
This is very, very bothersome.
It seems to have started with the current event but certainly this month. I assume that you have changed something in your operation.
At least two other subscribers are having this problem:
My system: Windows 7, Dell Studio XPS, “Google Chrome is up to date Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit)“
Please fix this.
Regards,
Bob

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
still got windows 7 bob. maybe we can get a fund set up so you can upgrade.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, to linux! I'm using RHEL 7, and if I need Windows I run 10 in a virtual machine.

That said, I got the same kind of idiotic response today that Bob got. I said, in part:

I'm a new customer. The streaming is awful. It is constantly halting and then resuming, or stopping with the spinning blue balls. Between every frame of the match it stops, and when I "magically" get it to resume, but hitting pause then run, there's no sound. I have to mute and unmute (usually) to get sound back. It's just terrible.

There are other problems with the user interface, like figuring out how to get the control bar at the bottom to disappear.

I'm on a Verizon FIOS network in Massachusetts, USA. I run speedtest and get in excess of 90Mbps up and down.

I have tried this on a Macbook Pro (OS 10.13.6) using the Chrome browser; on Red Hat Enterprise Linux on a lenovo X1 Carbon Gen. 6 using Chrome; on a Samsung tablet using Chrome. Same thing.

They replied:

Sorry to hear your experiencing some difficulties.

So I can help you further, is it OK if you could please confirm all of the following?

Can you log in successfully, and may I ask what device and internet web browser you are using to access the service?

Ugh!!!

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Yes, to linux! I'm using RHEL 7, and if I need Windows I run 10 in a virtual machine.

That said, I got the same kind of idiotic response today that Bob got. I said, in part:

I'm a new customer. The streaming is awful. It is constantly halting and then resuming, or stopping with the spinning blue balls. Between every frame of the match it stops, and when I "magically" get it to resume, but hitting pause then run, there's no sound. I have to mute and unmute (usually) to get sound back. It's just terrible.

There are other problems with the user interface, like figuring out how to get the control bar at the bottom to disappear.

I'm on a Verizon FIOS network in Massachusetts, USA. I run speedtest and get in excess of 90Mbps up and down.

I have tried this on a Macbook Pro (OS 10.13.6) using the Chrome browser; on Red Hat Enterprise Linux on a lenovo X1 Carbon Gen. 6 using Chrome; on a Samsung tablet using Chrome. Same thing.

They replied:

Sorry to hear your experiencing some difficulties.

So I can help you further, is it OK if you could please confirm all of the following?

Can you log in successfully, and may I ask what device and internet web browser you are using to access the service?

Ugh!!!

That's the exact message I received (asking for browser).

smoochie

NotLikeThis
The between-frames dropout seems to be gone for the time being with the Gibraltar Open but there is no commentary yet in the production. I suspect that they do some kind of switching if they have multiple sources and that switching has a bug.
There is no full-production yet for the tournament not until the one table setup - but if that happens and the cutting-freeze after each frame happens with the one table setup and full production, this would prove my theory in post #59

Time will tell.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As for *nix, I used that starting with BSD before it was BSD and last with Red Hat.

Sadly, my current software tools require me to bow to the fools in Redmond. My laptop is on Windows 10 but it is not better than 7.