anyone watching matchroom live & snooker? I got an issue and matchroom live dont reply.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Ronnie's funny faces.

Attachments

• Ronnie Finals Players Poor Ronnie.png
    Ronnie Finals Players Poor Ronnie.png
    784.8 KB · Views: 71

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yay! Ronnie scored a frame. 5-1. Go, Ronnie, go!

Attachments

• Ronnie Finals Players hitting ball on table.png
    Ronnie Finals Players hitting ball on table.png
    760.1 KB · Views: 70

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No pause, no loss of audio going frame 6 to seven.
No pause, no loss of audio going frame 6 to seven.
I did have loss of audio. I waited until the match went in progress, but I had to refresh about four or five times to get the audio back.

I am enjoying the high-quality stream when it is running. I love this shot of Ronnie with his hand on his hip while John squinches at the shot he's facing.

Attachments

• Ronnie John Players Finals Two in Same Screenshot.png
    Ronnie John Players Finals Two in Same Screenshot.png
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 71

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I'm only a casual fan but the games this week have been fantastic (except for missing the first 3 minutes of every frame as JAM described).

• Haha
Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, for the Rocket fans, it's difficult watching Ronnie stumble, but it is an exciting finals. I love this shot of Ronnie sweating John's shot.

Attachments

• Ronnie sweating Higgins shooting Players Final.png
    Ronnie sweating Higgins shooting Players Final.png
    825.4 KB · Views: 81

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no audio now. Just video.

Oh, audio came with score 12-0 for the frame. I can't believe this is allowed to happen.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same issue.

Ronnie just scored 144 and got extra ten thousand pounds, the payments in snooker is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same issue.

Ronnie just scored 144 and got extra ten thousand pounds, the payments in snooker is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was the Ronnie we all know and love. He was hitting 'em fast and furious to get that century. I loved it at the end when Ronnie looked at Higgins with a smile and said, "I was feeling the pressure."

Attachments

• Ronnie Session 1 Players Final End Feeling the Pressure.png
    Ronnie Session 1 Players Final End Feeling the Pressure.png
    622.8 KB · Views: 76

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ronnie is trailing 2-6. They start back in half an hour. First to 10.

In an interview after Higgins' destruction of Selby -- Selby scored 7 points in the match -- Ronnie described John's performance as "obscene".

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And the buffering and audio breaks continue after each frame. I finally did get a reply from Matchroom Facebook page that said the following: "Hi Jennie Ann, we have sent this issue across to be looked into by our stream partner."

Stream partner means subcontractor. Matchroom subbed the live stream to somebody who is cutting corners. The stream still sucks.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And the buffering and audio breaks continue after each frame. I finally did get a reply from Matchroom Facebook page that said the following: "Hi Jennie Ann, we have sent this issue across to be looked into by our stream partner."

Stream partner means subcontractor. Matchroom subbed the live stream to somebody who is cutting corners. The stream still sucks. When my freezing stopped after this frame, Ronnie had 12 points. I missed all of the beginning because of the subcontractor's incompetence.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Stream partner means subcontractor. Matchroom subbed the live stream to somebody who is cutting corners. ...
I suspect there is something else going on. The stream was fine a month ago. I think the partner may have changed something, perhaps to reduce piracy or satisfy streaming rights requirements, and they did not test the result adequately.

I think subcontracting the stream is the right way to do it. You could spend a lot of time and money developing in-house streaming capability and end up with something much worse. Matchroom is only now starting to do some production themselves, I believe.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suspect there is something else going on. The stream was fine a month ago. I think the partner may have changed something, perhaps to reduce piracy or satisfy streaming rights requirements, and they did not test the result adequately.

I think subcontracting the stream is the right way to do it. You could spend a lot of time and money developing in-house streaming capability and end up with something much worse. Matchroom is only now starting to do some production themselves, I believe.
The lack of response to inquiries is not good customer service to paid subscribers. That's my biggest beef.

They chop the live stream off after each frame resulting in all paid subscribers missing the break and first few shots of each frame. Me personally, I find this unacceptable. It's not right.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well done by higgins. considering he has only lost one point up until this final, the score is not surprising. he will be one of the favorites for the world championship this year

smoochie

NotLikeThis
loading screen of death I call it, here it is again.

C0hKfuI75J.png

I have a little guess as to what is actually happening, its pure guess though.

I think after each frame there's another televised broadcast which goes to the studio for chatter after each frame which I think is BBC two or BBC four these two channels sometimes do proper production of snooker matches, so think of it like this. the frame ends and the production is high quality where the commentator will speak for a little bit then he say "Back to the studio with blah blah", this is when the freeze happens and BBC goes into the studio to analyze the frame and match thus far.

This is just my prediction, but I can test it out if I got access to BBC, or whomever that is doing a proper full production video of the match.

Last edited:

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, in conclusion.... :)

Matchroom.live has a some work to do if they want to improve streaming for folks like us. It was pretty terrible. I was happy to be able to watch the match in kinda real time, but at times it was infuriating. It's 2021, after all, and this late 90's type effort doesn't suffice.

I wish they would respond, other than these automated email replies. Just saying "we care, and we're tying to fix things" would go a long way.