Applying logo to shafts and butts

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you guys put your logo on cues and shafts?
My first thought is decals or silk printing. I want something that is quick and easy.
Signing by hand isn`t really practical anymore...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a cuemaker but I have read a number of posts in the cuemaker forum on this. They have described how to make your own dry transfers as well as waterslide decals.

I am sure a cuemaker or three will chime in but in the mean time you might want to search the cuemaker forum specifically for this as there are some interesting discussions on the matter already.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
As of now, I still use a pen and sign my last name using a .5 micron pen and that is all. I have looked at and tried decals, but most are thick and require more effort to hide the edges, and such concerning finish issues so I have just stayed with the pen.
Dave

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I use a pen, too. Sometimes a pencil. IMO, signatures & logos should be present for identification purposes, but not a design element. The smaller & more discrete it can be, the better. Maybe just personal taste for me, but large or gaudy logos & signatures detract from the cue.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a pen, too. Sometimes a pencil. IMO, signatures & logos should be present for identification purposes, but not a design element. The smaller & more discrete it can be, the better. Maybe just personal taste for me, but large or gaudy logos & signatures detract from the cue.

I am sure it compliments the fantastic work on the wonderful cues you make.

I use fancy logo work like you do, good minds think alike.

:smile:

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Todd at Mid America makes water slide decals and can duplicate your signature.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Todd's waterslide decals

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 485

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I`ll try waterslide first, I think it looks nice. I agree with cues with large logos, I hate that.
I`m just gonna use my initials KB, small and discrete.

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to engrave my logo, a decal can be lost or damaged if the cue is refinished. So that is something to consider.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to engrave my logo, a decal can be lost or damaged if the cue is refinished. So that is something to consider.

Engraving the butt of the cue I can understand, and it can be done subtle too,
But I dont have a CNC at the moment.
I`m guessing you don`t engrave your shafts?

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Engraving the butt of the cue I can understand, and it can be done subtle too,
But I dont have a CNC at the moment.
I`m guessing you don`t engrave your shafts?

No I dont put anything on the shaft, I have used decals to put customers initials though. I just used the transfers from the office supply store, they also have some stuff at the art supply.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you guys put your logo on cues and shafts?
My first thought is decals or silk printing. I want something that is quick and easy.
Signing by hand isn`t really practical anymore...
Unless you want to engrave it by machine or pay the big bucks to get rub on transfers made, a simple clear decal label is cheapest.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you want to engrave it by machine or pay the big bucks to get rub on transfers made, a simple clear decal label is cheapest.

Wasn't there a discussion in this forum about how you can make your own rub on (dry transfer) logos using a bubblejet printer?

Never did it. Not sure how well it works. But it sounded pretty slick and inexpensive to me.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rub on transfers are great, but cost $100 or so for an 8 x 10 sheet after initial set up which can be free or up to like $75 depending on compatibility of fonts and such. What makes them better than decals is there is nothing there except the logo itself. No film whatsoever. Nothing needs to be wet and normal finish covers it fine. But when you figure like for my gold Hightower logo I get about 100 logos per sheet, in the long run they are pretty cheap. For a two letter logo one sheet would probably last a lifetime. My new 4th edition of the Cue Building Book has the source in it for getting those done.

Last edited: