Aramith Tournament Balls????

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
what is the response from the players who played at the predator 10 ball event with the new Aramith Tournament Balls? It seems a good idea but they are pricey and no measles ball come with the set, which seemed to be a standard thing at the tournaments and other event held recently.

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
I would love to know what's the difference between these and the IPT balls that are selling on the IPT web site for less than a $100

balls.jpg

barefoot3zk5

THE Kings, Alive and Well
Silver Member
I too have been looking at these and wanting to know more about them ??? A lil bit pricey for sure although I do like the look over Bwick centenials. Maybe we will get some kind of feedback soon, until then , I'm waiting...

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
I have a set on the way.

Not expecting them to change the world; however they do seem to be good, quality balls.

Kind of hard not to be... Raschigs and Aramith Super Pros are my favorites (in that order) maybe these fit in-between?

We'll see!:wink:

Snookered007

Ticky Tricky
Silver Member
Although i do prefer the Centennials myself. This is still a great looking set. I do wonder why the hefty price tag though.

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
Although i do prefer the Centennials myself. This is still a great looking set. I do wonder why the hefty price tag though.

Marketing!
New product --> new price
if the price is the same or less than you kill the older product, this way there is a product for each budget even though you are probably getting a very similar product...

Besides they say it's better so it has to cost more...

They say it's more durable which makes me think harder and smoother finish meaning the balls will drift more before taking any spin.... This is why I too prefer the Centennials, there are not as durable as the super-pro (and probably this set as well) but they do respond better.... although it is probably just a matter of getting used to a set.

troyroy78

I can average 2 ball's :)
Silver Member
I was looking at these balls too..... But in the end i brought some centinals.

And from playing on TV Super cups all the time i can say hands down, centinals are much much better.

Even though the centinals don't have a measles cueball, i actually prefer playing with a plain cueball. Just seems to distract you less. JMO

Roy

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO its just another Kevin T./IPT scam. He probably sold Aramith on making 200,000 sets, IPT goes under and now they are repackaging them and trying to make some of the money back.

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
Aramith balls are made in several levels of quality and price.

They are made by a comapny in Belgium called Sulac, which produces over 2000 types of precision balls.

They also make the Brunswick Centennial balls which are made to the same standard as the Super Aramith Pro-Cup balls.

Super Aramith Pro-Cup balls come in two types, regular and TV which use brown and pink in place of maroon and purple.

The Pro-Cup sets come with 'measles' cue ball.

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
Got the Official IPT ball set...

Well, I got 'em!

And I have to say I am a bit unimpressed.:frown:

The 12 ball has a nice scuff on it- I am going to try and buff that off as I expect I will not get a replacement ball/set.:mad: Not cool for a 'new' set of balls...

The cue ball seems a bit 'cheap' in that the color is not totally even all around the ball. Some yellowish spots that I thought might be dirt on there, but it is 'in' the ball. The white area of the other balls seems fine, so that is easily rectified with a new cue ball...

I cleaned them all with denatured alcohol and they almost seem to be a used set of balls. Tiny scratches on just about all of them, but that doesn't bother me as much as that scuff on the 12...

I'm sure they will play fine; however I'm glad I didn't pay $200+ for these suckers!:eek:

troyroy78

I can average 2 ball's :)
Silver Member
You can try using a magic eraser and water to get out the scuffs, previously i have found this works very well with Pro Tv Cup balls for getting out burn marks and light scuffs.

Hope this helps

Snookered007

Ticky Tricky
Silver Member
Well, I got 'em!

The 12 ball has a nice scuff on it- I am going to try and buff that off as I expect I will not get a replacement ball/set.:mad: Not cool for a 'new' set of balls...

The cue ball seems a bit 'cheap' in that the color is not totally even all around the ball. Some yellowish spots that I thought might be dirt on there, but it is 'in' the ball. The white area of the other balls seems fine, so that is easily rectified with a new cue ball...

I cleaned them all with denatured alcohol and they almost seem to be a used set of balls. Tiny scratches on just about all of them, but that doesn't bother me as much as that scuff on the 12...

I'm sure they will play fine; however I'm glad I didn't pay $200+ for these suckers!:eek:

Yikes.... scuffs on a brand new set. That would really make me mad at whatever the price. Sorry you had to put up with that.

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
Well, I got 'em!

Can you get the weight and diameter of these balls, I would get the CB's and two or tree OBs

I wonder if there will be any different from the super-pro due to there improved construction.

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
You can try using a magic eraser and water to get out the scuffs, previously i have found this works very well with Pro Tv Cup balls for getting out burn marks and light scuffs.

I'll give that a try, thanks! (but there shouldn't be a scuff!)

Yikes.... scuffs on a brand new set. That would really make me mad at whatever the price. Sorry you had to put up with that.

Um, yeah, a bit upset, but overall, a nice set of balls.

Can you get the weight and diameter of these balls, I would get the CB's and two or tree OBs

I wonder if there will be any different from the super-pro due to there improved construction.

I'll have to check. Weight seemed to be good (within 1/2 gram ball-to-ball) but I did not check diameter. I could get crazy and check them with the CMM...

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member

Here are the weights and dimensions on a new set of Super Armith Pro Cup TV balls (which includes the measles cue ball).

15 of the 16 balls weighed 168 grams, the 2 ball weighed 170 grams.

Balls varied in size from 2.251" to 2.255" and and much as .0015 at different points on the same ball.

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
Raschigs were my favorite...

Anyone have a set of those, a scale and a caliper for comparison purposes?

The Pro Cup TV set is (if memory serves) the most expensive set you can get, so if that level of Belgian quality is typical, I am interested to see how the Germans did...