Arizona Open (CSI Predator US Pro Billiard Series) 28-31 July, (10 Ball/9 ft table) Winner $13K

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's something for you to think about Jay. Let's say Domino's Pizza was going to jump on board and throw millions into pool events, but they all had to be played by Pros only, had to ALL be live streamed events, with a PPV fee of $30, ok. BUT Domino's told everyone, that if they ordered at least $30 in pizza before each event, THEY would pay YOUR $30 PPV fee FOR you so you could watch the live event, leaving you with only the $5.99 SVOD monthly subscription to pay, which would allow you to watch all live recorded matches just like watching Netflix.....would you eat Domino's Pizza, they do have about 18,000 locations in 90 countries around the world!!
Glen, I think your heart is in the right place and you have some good ideas, but until you have a signed contract and money changes hands nothing has taken place other than a good conversation. That is how the business world really works. Why waste your time talking about something that may or may not ever happen. My advice to you is to stay quiet until you actually have something to announce. You're not there yet and you know that, and so do we. This is a pretty savvy bunch you're talking to on here, many of whom have had success in business. They can differentiate pie in the sky from reality.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks to me like $6550, $48,000(entries/added)-41,450(payout), was taken out of this one. Part of running one? Jay,what say you?
Did they have 64 players? Looks to me like they had only 46 players in the event, so the money from the entry fees was less than what was needed to make the full payouts advertised.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did they have 64 players? Looks to me like they had only 46 or 47 players in the event, so the money from the entry fees was less than what was needed to make the full payouts advertised.
All i saw was $25,000 added with a 64 player limit. No mention that added $ was based on entries. Based on 46 players they kept out the $6550.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All i saw was $25,000 added with a 64 player limit. No mention that added $ was based on entries. Based on 46 players they kept out the $6550.
The 25K is added to the money from the entry fees, which in this case was $16,100. Added together that makes $41,100.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
When doing accounting, it helps to get all the facts, I mean numbers right in the first place, before you start adding up numbers!

Well it not the first time Pool
Player got baited, and suckered.

Even happen on local Saturday events.🐂💩. Smart people say good bye not staying.😎

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well it not the first time Pool
Player got baited, and suckered.

Even happen on local Saturday events.🐂💩. Smart people say good bye not staying.😎
But have you ever noticed how many people not involved in the event, MAKE it their business to get INVOLVED, counting money they have nothing to do with!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
But have you ever noticed how many people not involved in the event, MAKE it their business to get INVOLVED, counting money they have nothing to do with!

Well when I made my point about local event I showed up to play until I found out the advertised guaranteed ad was not going to happen.

that personal experience RKC, so I did what was right. Packed up, left, and told bar owner to go fook self.

If people did this frequently this shit would stop.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well when I made my point about local event I showed up to play until I found out the advertised guaranteed ad was not going to happen.
Changes if the projected amount of players don't show up, who's fault is that? On paper it worked out!!

As long as events are mostly player funded with entry fees, there's no guarantee the players are going to show up in the amount expected!!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
As
As well as the fine print in the corner stating based on X amount of players showing up!

Well then this event was cover by fine print.

My Case was simple Billiards News advertisement, BAR GUARANTEED $250.00 IN BLACK & WHITE, RENIGGED.

Simple cure, leave, don’t return, and tell the Nuckelheads to fook off.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well then this event was cover by fine print.

My Case was simple Billiards News advertisement, BAR GUARANTEED $250.00 IN BLACK & WHITE, RENIGGED.

Simple cure, leave, don’t return, and tell the Nuckelheads to fook off.
So did you stick around looking for some action since you couldn't knock of the prize money from the tournament? Or did you run out the door before the bar could make a dollar off you by asking if you'd like something to drink?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So did you stick around looking for some action since you couldn't knock of the prize money from the tournament? Or did you run out the door before the bar could make a dollar off you by asking if you'd like something to drink?
He's a bring your own soda to the bar kinda guy...

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

I do not gamble. Let and drove home, and never returned. I was all smiles when place shut it door. The place wa

Does it matter? Nope place close not soon after, because it was hobby business.