Arizona Open (CSI Predator US Pro Billiard Series) 28-31 July, (10 Ball/9 ft table) Winner $13K

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is just the tv table a "Predator" table or all of the tournament tables? 3pc slate I assume?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ha, that is proof of what? A non-player complaining about cushions? (Isn't that what you always accuse ME of??). But that has ZERO to do with what you wrote when I asked you for proof. ZERO. ha ha hah.
I have some inside information that don't need to be discussed on AZB, that's how I know.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw this earlier.
22B6F316-98B2-4579-AFE0-53974E4DCCEE.jpeg
B0DF071F-7AC3-4434-96BA-653D946699C7.jpeg

Last edited:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ohhhh facebook drama!

and to be honest, because i didnt even know this was happening, what exactly is the format of this? Did someone try to reinvent the wheel?

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ohhhh facebook drama!

and to be honest, because i didnt even know this was happening, what exactly is the format of this? Did someone try to reinvent the wheel?
Race to 4 winner breaks. Best of two sets. If players split sets then it’s a best of 4 spot shots.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CSI can drag out a tournament too. Well less than 64 field with this format and it takes 4 days to complete. Travel expenses isn't cheap. Wait all day to play 2 races to 4. Shane is right.

Then a shot clock only to have a 5 minute commercial break after each rack

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I only watched the first set of Tyler/tkach. Did he play bad the second set?

Apparently tkach won the shootout. Any details on how it went?
I had some streaming problems in 3 of the 7 games of their second set. But I can tell you that at 3-3 Kristina got the first opportunity to run out but missed the 5-ball. Tyler then ran the 5, 6, and 7 and had an easy 8 and 10 to finish. But he took too long getting ready for the 8-ball, had to rush it at the end and missed. Kristina had an easy 8-ball and 10-ball to win the set.

In the shootout Tyler missed his first shot and Kristina missed her 4th, so they were tied at 3 out of 4 and went to sudden death. Both made their 5th attempts. Kristina made her 6th and then Tyler missed to lose the match.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tyler is a slow slow shooter.

Thanks for the recap AtLarge. I got tied up at work and couldn't watch.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

tenor.gif

I had some streaming problems in 3 of the 7 games of their second set. But I can tell you that at 3-3 Kristina got the first opportunity to run out but missed the 5-ball. Tyler then ran the 5, 6, and 7 and had an easy 8 and 10 to finish. But he took too long getting ready for the 8-ball, had to rush it at the end and missed. Kristina had an easy 8-ball and 10-ball to win the set.

In the shootout Tyler missed his first shot and Kristina missed her 4th, so they were tied at 3 out of 4 and went to sudden death. Both made their 5th attempts. Kristina made her 6th and then Tyler missed to lose the match.
Kristina played good beating Thorsten also.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CSI can drag out a tournament too. Well less than 64 field with this format and it takes 4 days to complete. Travel expenses isn't cheap. Wait all day to play 2 races to 4. Shane is right.

Then a shot clock only to have a 5 minute commercial break after each rack
And they have been doing that for a few years now. Lousy attendance at their US Open events among others and it just drags for days.

Maybe the pattern is CSI, not the players. :unsure:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Then a shot clock only to have a 5 minute commercial break after each rack
Not quite that bad. The commercial breaks are about 2 minutes and, generally, after every other rack. But I certainly agree that the frequency is -- too often.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And it happened for me again -- a commercial break started right in the middle of a game, the 4th game of the second set of Gomez/Briseno. Anyone else experiencing this?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shane's right about rules, assuming he also means format, needing to be uniform. am i understanding this right that they play race to 3, best of 3 sets? i only saw part of the mika match

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Very strange format here, following in the footsteps of the World Pool Championship, which randomized the results by using really easy equipment. CSI has randomized the results with this silly two races to four format. The top guys are very vulnerable here, but I still expect the cream to rise to the top. On paper, the cream is Gorst and Biado, and I still suspect that one of them will win the event.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Wait Kristina still in the winners bracket and final what now? 8 players in the winner bracket? Yesterday before I slept I was watching her match against Styler and saw her miss ball after ball after ball, Styler gave her an easy 10 then I went to sleep. But come on. Is it that easy in this format or what how is she still in with that many misses?