Arizona pool player thread

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guy who won the last 2 DCT's and I think preacher ronns one pocket and something else i believe. briseno i thinks his last name. Plays gooooood. He has to be third best in the state behind frost and mitch.

I've seen this guy "Gus" play several times on Lenny's streams. He is a very good 1p player, but man is he ever slow! I also saw him try to call a couple of fouls on people that the video didn't support,,,,,,seemed like "whatever it takes to win" attitude from him,,,,,,which was less impressive than his play. I was glad Preacher Ron didn't let him get away with it!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
whose avatar is nastier looking ? Lenny's or mine?

My cat will eat your dog! :p

1.jpg

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huh?

After watching Gus and Mitch play the DCT Finale I can't believe either one is ready for prime time. That can't be their best game. I've seen better played 10B games at Lizard Acres.:scratchhead:

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
After watching Gus and Mitch play the DCT Finale I can't believe either one is ready for prime time. That can't be their best game. I've seen better played 10B games at Lizard Acres.:scratchhead:

I guess this means we'll be seeing you out there kicking their butts on the DCT next season. :p

Roger

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess this means we'll be seeing you out there kicking their butts on the DCT next season. :p

Roger

Roger, you know I was being facetious. But the number of errors
committed surprised me. I know both these guys are monster players
and I'm a banger. But if pool is to become a spectator sport( which it is through
streaming) it's going to have to tolerate criticism from bums like me. ( By the way ,
I was there and crashed and burned in the 9B S/D.)
But as bad as I play I put my $s and my ass out there every chance I get.
I am not dumb enough to do DCT but I ain't strictly a spectator either.:kiss:

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
and I'm a banger. But if pool is to become a spectator sport( which it is through
streaming) it's going to have to tolerate criticism from bums like me. ( By the way ,
I was there and crashed and burned in the 8B S/D.)

I suck and I play those events here and there, I actually was hill-hill with Mitch this past weekend and if I won I would have came back the next day for the final 4 of the winners side so you might be surprised what your capable of when you lose the fear and have a little confidence. George I am sure you have ran a rack or two in 9 ball, so if you are able to do that a few times in a DCT event you might upset a few people.

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member

My apologies, George. It didn't "sound" like you was joking, but considering your sense of humor, I should have known that was the case. However, I watched the final match at home on the livestream and I just didn't see *that many* errors. I know there were a lot of two-way shots that might have looked like sloppy offense to some people, but for the most part they were expertly executed strategies.

And stop being so down on your game. I've got a hunch that you play a lot better than you let on. ;)

Roger

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member

Amen. You got your wish btw and lenny and ed are locking horns. If you make the trip to watch you know my addy lol. All this matching up stuff is getting me wanting to snap somebody off proper lol. I am in the process of quitting smoking so it will have to be in a couple of weeks when I am a lil friendlier. After that GAMETIME!

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
I suck and I play those events here and there, I actually was hill-hill with Mitch this past weekend and if I won I would have came back the next day for the final 4 of the winners side so you might be surprised what your capable of when you lose the fear and have a little confidence. George I am sure you have ran a rack or two in 9 ball, so if you are able to do that a few times in a DCT event you might upset a few people.

Are you and roger serious with that stupid shit? George has been around longer than You and I have been alive, combined. Kind of earns him the right to question if the top guys are off their game or if that's all they got.
I'm gonna leave it at this, You don't have to be a top player to know shitty pool when it's played. Not saying gus or mitch played shitty, I didnt see the match. Just because he doesn't play in the toughest tournys in az, doesn't make his opinion any less valid. He gets out there far more than most and isn't afraid to battle in tough spots. First time I played george, he made me gamble with him and he played it EVEN. Sorry for the long post, I think the quitting smoking is making me crazy. Nap time lol.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Are you and roger serious with that stupid shit? George has been around longer than You and I have been alive, combined. Kind of earns him the right to question if the top guys are off their game or if that's all they got.
I'm gonna leave it at this, You don't have to be a top player to know shitty pool when it's played. Not saying gus or mitch played shitty, I didnt see the match. Just because he doesn't play in the toughest tournys in az, doesn't make his opinion any less valid. He gets out there far more than most and isn't afraid to battle in tough spots. First time I played george, he made me gamble with him and he played it EVEN. Sorry for the long post, I think the quitting smoking is making me crazy. Nap time lol.
Re-read my post again, not sure what was so stupid, I did not question George and his knowledge of good play but just mentioned that he should not think he has no chance in playing the DCT or any other tournament because I am sure he has played great pool here and there and if he does during an event he can upset some people, I have done it.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need some excitement. I'd love to play against the guys and girls in DCT.
But my game is so erratic. If I ever get that straightened out I'd buy right in.
But right now I'll stick to the Peoria Ave/ Thomas Road circuit of handicapped contests.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Re-read my post again, not sure what was so stupid, I did not question George and his knowledge of good play but just mentioned that he should not think he has no chance in playing the DCT or any other tournament because I am sure he has played great pool here and there and if he does during an event he can upset some people, I have done it.

My bad lol. Told ya'll I wasn't feelin right from not smoking. George is a good dude and it felt like you guys were busting his balls a lil. All good here now lol.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
I need some excitement. I'd love to play against the guys and girls in DCT.
But my game is so erratic. If I ever get that straightened out I'd buy right in.
But right now I'll stick to the Peoria Ave/ Thomas Road circuit of handicapped contests.

You want some excitement??? Thanks to lenny, I have 2 or 3 matches lined up now. Time to show some 7s just who the F I is lol. Not to mention I have a rematch with sandoval coming up too. He didn't like losing very much :) Plus we have our title to defend. Gonna be a busy couple months....

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for watching my 6 Jason. But these guys are O.K. and we're just bustin' balls.That's what this thread is for. I gotta say though, don't show too much in your matches. I got no use for an 8 at the Ox next month.:grin-devilish:

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
thanks for watching my 6 Jason. But these guys are O.K. and we're just bustin' balls.That's what this thread is for. I gotta say though, don't show too much in your matches. I got no use for an 8 at the Ox next month.:grin-devilish:

No worries boss, este mofo se mueve bastante bien para un tipo de grasa. lol.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

I am not busting balls, I just think getting out and doing something you love even if you do not have a great chance to win is okay. I have no delusions of winning a DCT event but I know its possible, my goal each tournament is to beat a good player and lately I have been doing that. I know your a good guy George and beating one of those good players might just put a feather in your cap, but you do not know until you give it a shot. :wink:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
You want some excitement??? Thanks to lenny, I have 2 or 3 matches lined up now. Time to show some 7s just who the F I is lol. Not to mention I have a rematch with sandoval coming up too. He didn't like losing very much :) Plus we have our title to defend. Gonna be a busy couple months....

I knew your smoking was messing with you, wait until your all ready though to play so your game and mind are right. That is what this is all about is getting people to get out and play a bit, I know people want to get in a little action too so I hope people start getting in the box. Jude should put a challenge out to any 7, he is still a 7 right?, the way he talks you would think he is a 10!