Artemis International #66 ???

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Artemis Intercontinental #66 ???

Hello, My name is Dave and I am new to AZ and hope you all don't mind me pipeing in now and then. I have 4 year experiance full time, now part time as a mechanic. I know 4 years?????? Although I will be in no pro bowls I was trained by an all star. (I'm no hack!)

Here's my question... Artemis international #66 is billiard rubber? Look it the profile, the canvis is not on the side that curves out like all pool rubber. Billard rubber goes on canvis side down on a billard table. What I want to know is canvis up on a pool table not wrong?

Please don't just blow me off, help me investigate... We have a Dimond here in town with this issue from the factory, Banks fine with new cloth but when the cloth is old it changes. One rail banks roll short when hit with pace, the dead lock fire em in banks. My theory is, the round side of the rubber is down more surface for ball to grab. New cloth slides, old is durty and grabs.

Thanks for reading... Dave

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
http://www.pooltablefeltcloth.com/Cushions-Supplies/diamond-rubber-cushions.shtm

Check this. It says they put canvas on
top and back to insure accurate rebound.

Hello, My name is Dave and I am new to AZ and hope you all don't mind me pipeing in now and then. I have 4 year experiance full time, now part time as a mechanic. I know 4 years?????? Although I will be in no pro bowls I was trained by an all star. (I'm no hack!)

Here's my question... Artemis international #66 is billiard rubber? Look it the profile, the canvis is not on the side that curves out like all pool rubber. Billard rubber goes on canvis side down on a billard table. What I want to know is canvis up on a pool table not wrong?

Please don't just blow me off, help me investigate... We have a Dimond here in town with this issue from the factory, Banks fine with new cloth but when the cloth is old it changes. One rail banks roll short when hit with pace, the dead lock fire em in banks. My theory is, the round side of the rubber is down more surface for ball to grab. New cloth slides, old is durty and grabs.

Thanks for reading... Dave

Dartman

Silver Member
Not sure I'm following your question but on a pocket table the curved side of the cushion would have the canvas control strip which is the Up side (see top left of image below). While some folks might take a set of Artemis Intercontinental 66 (K55) and flip them upside down for a carom (billiard) table Artemis actually makes specific cushions for carom tables which are #37 and #79 both of which are 4-sided cushions.

artemis_k55_pool_table_cushions.jpg

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Intercontinental" My bad

Not sure I'm following your question but on a pocket table the curved side of the cushion would have the canvas control strip which is the Up side (see top left of image below). While some folks might take a set of Artemis Intercontinental 66 (K55) and flip them upside down for a carom (billiard) table Artemis actually makes specific cushions for carom tables which are #37 and #79 both of which are 4-sided cushions.

Your pic clearly shows the "canvas" (my spelling sux) on the curved side of chshion. We just finnished a job with 10 GCs, one table had artemis rubber with canvas on top. The hackanic that did them before us swiched the foot rail with another table, one quick look around and there it was on another covered table. (easy to spot) The canvas was on the flat side of this set of rubber.
I know that the antique carom tables had the canvas on the bottom, I installed my first set upside down and got away with it. Thr rail height was perfict and table palyed fine.
Question...

Is your pic from a catalog or is it one of your own?

Is it possible Artemis has made a recent change on the #66? I'm sure they sell a lot more pool rubber than carom rubber. I looked on Artemis web page and it said some carom tables may need to be instaled canvas side down.
I will be going to my buddies shop today and hope he has some of the old 66 and I'll get pics to show. This issue is driveing me nuts... Inquireing mindes want know... Thanks for your time, I'll be in tuch soon, Dave

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shown right side up, this is the Artemis "Pool No. 66"
36-228_R_159ac9e1.jpg

This is the Artemis "Intercontinental No. 66"
36-218_R_155aff56.jpg

No. 79 Carom
36-232_R_155a3512.jpg

No. 37 Carom
36-236_R_155bedef.jpg

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The nose of the Artimis cushion is more rounded too. FWIW, the cushions are imparting more spin on the balls banking off the rails late in the cloths life. Something is causing this extra spin.

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has it been changed?

The first pic showes the canvas on the top (curved side), the second pic showes no canvas on the top. Which is way is it? I believe they have changed it recently because ther are tables all over the country with the rubber instaled up side down including some factory Diamond tables, I know of two personaly. Because the Intercontinental #66 has the same profile as K-55 (GC 1s and 2s) it has been sold as a quality replacement without the proper information.
Mechanics: If you look for this I'll bet you will finde it, if you have some old stock check it out.

Thanks for playing... Dave

Attachments

• artemis_k55_pool_table_cushions.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 694
  • 36-218_R_155aff56.jpg
    36-218_R_155aff56.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 686

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has it been changed?

The canvas is on top (curved side) in first pic, no canvas in second pic. I believe they have been selling Intercontinental #66 as a replacement for K-55 without provideing proper information.

Mechanics: If you look for this I'll bet you find tables with rubber like this. Check your old stock, canvas on flat side? has Artemis made a recent change?

Thanks Dave

Dartman

Silver Member
Question...
Is your pic from a catalog or is it one of your own?

Is it possible Artemis has made a recent change on the #66?

It's a website pic I put together.
And to my knowledge nothing has changed in the mfg of artemis cushions.
Further - you wouldn't be able to take their carom cushions and turn them upside down.

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pics...

Sorry, forgot to post pics.....

Attachments

• artemis_k55_pool_table_cushions.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 715
  • 36-218_R_155aff56.jpg
    36-218_R_155aff56.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 726

chalkdust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a website pic I put together.
And to my knowledge nothing has changed in the mfg of artemis cushions.
Further - you wouldn't be able to take their carom cushions and turn them upside down.

The pics by MrBond are from the Mueller catalog I believe. I'll be at pool room with one of the Diamond tables in the next few days. I will get a pic with streight edge and post...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The pics by MrBond are from the Mueller catalog I believe. I'll be at pool room with one of the Diamond tables in the next few days. I will get a pic with streight edge and post...

First off, all GC's use K55 cushions, not just the 1's and 2's. The canvas on the top side of the Artemis K55 cushions mount facing up, that's flat side up.