Asia is on Barry's Radar Screen

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess if we asked to have Asia on Barry's radar screen we already got what we wanted. What more's left?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
You all are going to get what you asked for.

Lets see what happens:D

The original World Team Billiards event included teams from Asia. We will come full circle.

Freddie <~~~ nothing ever is new

TurboDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddie, Imho... if they bring back an event like the World Team Billards, the Mosconi Cup will be overshadowed and lose some of its glory. Times change.

Watchez, Yes, Barry mentioned Asia, When the post match interview gets posted on Youtube, it will be worth of reviewing.

Best to all

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah that was just Marcus insulting the US.

I don't think he was insulting the U.S. In fact, he paid tribute to the U.S. by stating he knows how hard we will fight to get back, and that he lived here for 5 years, yada yada yada.

This is what's trending on FB now: Barry Hearn from Matchroom sports says he's going to have Team UE challenge Team Asia in a similar tournament because "The Americans simply can't compete with Team EU anymore."

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vs team China/Taiwan

Wu
Big Ko
Little Ko
Kevin Cheng
JL Chang

That's a scary team.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original World Team Billiards event included teams from Asia. We will come full circle.

Freddie <~~~ nothing ever is new

There is also the World Cup which I like quite a bit for teams from other countries.

I'm afraid if we add Asia to the mix, US will just end up in 3rd place instead of 2nd :sorry::eek:

We need to have North America vs Europe and/or Asia to have a wider range of talent to pick from.

As people keep pointing out, if we do just the UK vs America, the UK may still be the favorites, never mind the top players from other countries.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trending on FB: There will be a Mosconi Cup (Team USA v. Team Europe) and Reyes Cup (Team Europe v. Team Asia).

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Marcus was very complimentary to the US, how can you possibly take anything he said as offensive???

I completely agree. Marcus didn't diss the US. On the contrary, he fondly recalled the five years in which he lived in America and said that because he'd seen American pool up close, he knew America would rise again. No diss there.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
You all are going to get what you asked for.

Lets see what happens:D

Highly doubt a Europe vs Asia event, which I would definitely watch, would spell the end of the Mosconi Cup. It would just add another good event to the pool calendar, perhaps called the Souquet Cup, to celebrate Europe's most successful player.

This event sells out every year almost immediately and draws a big TV audience. A rout may curb Barry's appetite for this event, but it;s a big moneymaker that I suspect isn't going anywhere.