Asking for a friend. What is the best cheaper Sneaky Pete to buy

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The finish is garbage on schmelke, the joint fit is lacking

The players sp finish is still slick and glossy 2 yrs later, and the joint disappears, no overhang, perfectly made, no roll whatsoever, together apart taper or butt
The fit & finish is perfect on my Schmelke sneaky I've bought in either 2013 or 2014, zero roll out. My friend has been a dealer for the last 12 years and I can't even count the amount of Players that have come in warped, just more examples of Chinese inferior products.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
ive only had one players and its flawless, ive had all sub par schmelkes the last few yrs that i wont buy from again

i have 2 other older players must be atleast 10yrs old, bought for my kids used
also flawless hard hitting great players
even a kids short players cue been in my humid garage, rolls perfect

schmelke did a deal with the dean on those crackpot cues that were shown finish was coming up from, the work seems to be getting worse instead of better

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who is starting out in playing and what’s to buy a decent cheaper sneaky Pete to play while he is learning. One that will play good but cost 2-300. I recommend Players and maybe Action but that was back in the day as I do not know to much about them now. What do you recommend. I have seen some on eBay cheap but don’t know if they are any good. Players used to make a real good cue for the price and I have been told that players and action cues come out the same factory. Thanks for any help. I know some of you know cues pretty good and would steer him right
Schmelke for sure. They sell Bocote solid wood break cues that are also great player's for $140. A great American company for sure.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He probably already did. Under an alias of an alias of a banned username
No , he is a older gentleman that played years ago and had not played in about 30 years. He is retired and did not care to much for golf so he wants to start playing pool again. I just wanted to get opinions on what you guys thought was a decent cue for a start again player. He is also does not care for the internet at all. He still lives in the 70’s. Great guy , but not up to date so to speak. He went with the Players as for the price and quality they are hard to beat. He said he will use it until he gets better and justify buying a more expensive cue. Thanks for the help

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
I sell a new sneaky pete and a jump cue for $120 shipped in the lower 48

The cues are great quality and straight. you choose the the sneaky weight.

58 inch sneaky - two piece
42 inch jumper- two piece

These cues are made in the same factory as predator,players,Lucasi etc.

Rob.M

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I have a nice Dufferin house cue cut down with a pin, with an old growth maple shaft, for $150

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sell a new sneaky pete and a jump cue for $120 shipped in the lower 48

The cues are great quality and straight. you choose the the sneaky weight.

58 inch sneaky - two piece
42 inch jumper- two piece

These cues are made in the same factory as predator,players,Lucasi etc.

Rob.M
Same factory, in China.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ive only had one players and its flawless, ive had all sub par schmelkes the last few yrs that i wont buy from again

i have 2 other older players must be atleast 10yrs old, bought for my kids used
also flawless hard hitting great players
even a kids short players cue been in my humid garage, rolls perfect

schmelke did a deal with the dean on those crackpot cues that were shown finish was coming up from, the work seems to be getting worse instead of better
They normally use a uv finish which is pretty durable. Maybe the jackpot deal used rattle can clear coat from kmart to save on costs. 🤷‍♂️
Swindlers gonna swindle.

Pfs896

I have a friend who is starting out in playing and what’s to buy a decent cheaper sneaky Pete to play while he is learning. One that will play good but cost 2-300. I recommend Players and maybe Action but that was back in the day as I do not know to much about them now. What do you recommend. I have seen some on eBay cheap but don’t know if they are any good. Players used to make a real good cue for the price and I have been told that players and action cues come out the same factory. Thanks for any help. I know some of you know cues pretty good and would steer him right
Pool dawg has a schmelke for $100. I think it's the best value I have come across. I have 2 other schmelke cues besides this one. All play well. Check it out. Btw also have predators and cuetecs.

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul Allers often uses Schmelke blanks for his Sneaky Petes. He had these fancy B-fly cues available last week; both are 60"; Purpleheart and East Indian Rosewood.

If you have an interest, let me know and I'll get you in touch with Paul.....Hohoho 🎅

Attachments

• 20201217_215100.jpg
    20201217_215100.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 141

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul Allers often uses Schmelke blanks for his Sneaky Petes. He had these fancy B-fly cues available last week; both are 60"; Purpleheart and East Indian Rosewood.

If you have an interest, let me know and I'll get you in touch with Paul.....Hohoho 🎅
The one on the right is pretty sharp!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
if i were to buy another cue, which i dont see myself doing for a long while, it would be one of those sneaky`s with the butterflies, pat diveney does them, as does russ espiritu

so many nice combinations

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How on earth is a four pointer with butterflies called a sneaky?

For that matter cues with collars, rings, veneers, wraps, doo-dads and anything more than four points?

A real sneaky where the grain matches up at the joint is a thing of beauty in and of itself.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
How on earth is a four pointer with butterflies called a sneaky?

For that matter cues with collars, rings, veneers, wraps, doo-dads and anything more than four points?

A real sneaky where the grain matches up at the joint is a thing of beauty in and of itself.
To TCC's credit I understand, "TheSheriff" (or something like that who is a cue builder) posted a beautiful sneaky with decor awhile back I almost pulled the trigger on. But - I also agree the romance of a good Sneaky Pete is as you say. One of the many reasons I hold my Weir SP dear. You could NEVER leave it unattended or it would end up in someones hands on another table.