Assembly Instructions

Caseyj9779

Who is he?
What kind of manuals do table mechanics use? Do you use a book to learn assembly/disassembly and fitting cloth, or is everything you know from experience?

I am a diesel generator mechanic by trade, so I'm sure I can figure out how to do it. However, in my field we always go by the book...even if we already know how to do it.

I'm buying a Gold Crown IV next week that is disassembled. I love to learn and want to do everything myself, including putting simonis 860 on the table and rails. I want to know everything about it just because I love the game, learning, and knowledge. I tried looking for a book on Amazon and there is one for table mechanic's but that's about all I could find.

Any help is appreciated!

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I never had a manual, I just learned to do tables, and kept expounding from there-
Probably the most lucid publication on tables is in this forum in the history of written posts, just do a search on your table and threads will be linked to point you down the right path.
There have been a lot of tables shown in various stages of assembly/dis-assembly that can be used for reference if someone wanted, and most of us are around to answer questions when someone is having difficulty.
All of us have phone numbers listed, so can be reached I'm assuming, if you had questions.
Great table, and doing it yourself will give you an appreciation for the design that went into it.
Have fun!

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
I have a PDF of the installation manual for the GC V. If you want it, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. I may be wrong, but I think the only assembly differences between the IV and the V is the ball box in the foot apron and the extra corner trim pieces on the V.

Or you can wait until Monday and contact Brunswick through their website and they will send you a copy of the IV install manual.

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
for u

i think u should study this for a little bit before u jump the gun......and when ur just about ready in December or so glen will have his dvd out on table work..... then u wont have to be worried if ur doing it right...
have fun...
rob.M

Dartman

Silver Member
i think u should study this for a little bit before u jump the gun......and when ur just about ready in December or so glen will have his dvd out on table work..... then u wont have to be worried if ur doing it right...
have fun...
rob.M

You sir are an optimist. :grin:
Might I interest you in a small friendly wager as to when the dvd will actually be available?
LOL

Caseyj9779

Who is he?
Thanks a lot guys. I got the manual for the GC IV. If anyone else would like a copy, just let me know and I'd be happy to share as well. Now I have some time to study so I have some kind of idea of what the hell I'm doing when I pick it up and assemble it. Thanks all!!

jconant44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a lot guys. I got the manual for the GC IV. If anyone else would like a copy, just let me know and I'd be happy to share as well. Now I have some time to study so I have some kind of idea of what the hell I'm doing when I pick it up and assemble it. Thanks all!!
Sounds good. I'd like a copy if possible. PM sent with email address.